Commando Classic

yep

So I guess you like freezing your ____ off, or do you watch softball? Moving softball to the fall would be the BEST thing that ever happened to TN.

I repeat myself at the risk of being rude. 45 states play in the spring. 5 play in the fall. Why is that? If you play in the spring you play twice as many games. At the end of the fall season it's just as cold as it is at the beginning of the spring season, and just as wet.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the fall season it's just as cold as it is at the beginning of the spring season, and just as wet.

you are wrong!!! It is very dry in oct, the fall season would be done by the end of oct.

avg high avg low mean' avg precip

march 61 36 48 5.58

april 70 44 57 4.78

may 78 53 66 5.24

avg for spring 69 43.6 57 5.2

aug 89 64 77 4

sep 83 64 70 3.89

oct 72 44 58 3.20

AVG for fall 81 57 68.7 3.69

ok the 3 fall months we would have a avg day temp of 81 and a night temp of 57 and the rain fall would avg 3.69 in

and the 3 spring month's the avg day time high is 69 night time low would avg 43.6 and the rain fall would avg 5.2

If i had my choice it would be the fall, but i and you know it will never change, so we will keep playing in the cold and the mud and hope no one gets hurt.

I repeat myself at the risk of being rude. 45 states play in the spring. 5 play in the fall. Why is that? If you play in the spring you play twice as many games. At the end of the fall season it's just as cold as it is at the beginning of the spring season, and just as wet.

I am trying to figure out how you would play twice as many games. Is that just your opinion. The season would be the same length.

Just as cold at the end of October! Are you kidding me?

The 45 to 5 argument is lame since most of those states seasons are different from those in the south.

I'm sorry, but you are in the minority on this subject.

I am trying to figure out how you would play twice as many games. Is that just your opinion. The season would be the same length.

The 45 to 5 argument is lame since most of those states seasons are different from those in the south.

My daughter only plays softball, so I don't know about this, but when does basketball begin practice? Do you think if they moved softball to the fall it would interfere with basketball practice? I am all for the change, I just recently heard the suggestion on a posting and thought it made good sense. However, I do realize that there are girls that play multiple sports and I would think since basketball is a big money maker it would take priority over softball in a lot of peoples minds. My daughter chose a few years ago to play softball only and it made it easier on all of us, but I do think that softball/baseball are asked to endure way too much to be expected to play ball in 30/40 degree weather. On top of that the constant cancellations/rescheduling involved because of bad weather, poor coaches!!! Does anyone in charge really care about softball/baseball? I think it is all about traditions and which sport brings in the most money.

Even if the HS fall season was around 20-30 games, so what? It'd still be a nice 'cool down' from the summer/travel season.

The weather issue is a no-brainer. Maybe this wilson guy ain't from here.../ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I've lived here all my life, and I can't prove it scientifically, but it's been warm on October 31st more than it's been cold in my almost 50 years. The reverse is true for the whole month of March.

The only issue here in TN, as I see it, is the potential conflict with football and the aversion to change at the T$$AA. Granted, volleyball is growing in popularity and my daughter loves it, but it could easily be moved to the Spring. Easily!

Just out of curiosity what would be your "Fall" softball season schedule. dates for : first day of practice, first game can be played, State will run from _____ to _______ .

1st practice 2-9-09

1st game 3-9-09

state 5-19-09 thru 5-22-09

2010 it all moves up (2-15) a week like it has been in the past.

Just wondering.

Even if the HS fall season was around 20-30 games, so what? It'd still be a nice 'cool down' from the summer/travel season.

The weather issue is a no-brainer. Maybe this wilson guy ain't from here.../ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> I've lived here all my life, and I can't prove it scientifically, but it's been warm on October 31st more than it's been cold in my almost 50 years. The reverse is true for the whole month of March.

The only issue here in TN, as I see it, is the potential conflict with football and the aversion to change at the T$$AA. Granted, volleyball is growing in popularity and my daughter loves it, but it could easily be moved to the Spring. Easily!

Probably would have to move girls soccer too, especially for the smaller schools.

I find a few things interesting about the subject.

1. Ga. has both softball and volleyball in the fall.

2. Baseball is still a spring sport in Ga.

3. Lacrosse and girls track seem to be the 2 big spring sports for Ga. I heard on a sports program recently where lacrosse is the fastest growing girls sports these days (outpacing softball growth 2 to 1). Is that the reason why Ga. I do not know if that is true or not but could that be a deciding factor. If I remember correctly that program said both baseball and softball participation were on the decline.

Just curious.

I find a few things interesting about the subject.

1. Ga. has both softball and volleyball in the fall.

2. Baseball is still a spring sport in Ga.

3. Lacrosse and girls track seem to be the 2 big spring sports for Ga. I heard on a sports program recently where lacrosse is the fastest growing girls sports these days (outpacing softball growth 2 to 1). Is that the reason why Ga. I do not know if that is true or not but could that be a deciding factor. If I remember correctly that program said both baseball and softball participation were on the decline.

Just curious.

Funny you mention that about lacrosse, heard last night at drakes creek about how much lacrosse is growing.

If I am in the minority than why doesn't the TSSAA play softball in the fall? Money........no way.

Funny you mention that about lacrosse, heard last night at drakes creek about how much lacrosse is growing.

I wish our school had Lacrosse, then our girls could just focus on Lacrosse & praying for the pygmies in New Guinea all the while keeping them away from PWT after dropping softball. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />