UT PICKED OVER MT BY 22 POINTS??????

pioneer95

I'm glad MT gave Alabama a run for their money, but I don't think they have much of a chance against UT. If UT doesn't have their minds on Sept. 21 and concentrates on the task at hand then I think they will cover the point spread and then some. Bama was up by 22 and let up. Give MT credit though, they fought back and almost pulled a major upset. Another point is playing at Bama on probation and playing at UT who is a contender for a national title is very different. UT by 25. I hope...... Of course as a true Vol fan, I know UT has the capabilities of playing down to their competition allowing them to stay close or maybe even win like with Memphis.

Posted by goldenboy:

I thought UT would of beat them a lot worse.

MTSU caught Tennessee on the worst played game by them in three years...and didn't have the horses to do anything about it. I wasn't impressed with either of them, and if Tennessee makes mistakes like that against a good team, they get smoked. But the D did do an oustanding job...great team speed.

Posted by goldenboy:

I have a question, was the final score 26-3 or 29-3, I saw one on sportscenter last night and the other on espnews.

26-3

Stats -- GoBlueRaiders.com

Quick Hitters: Middle Tennessee's freshman deep snapper John Crawford, who attended Karns High School, is the lone Knoxville native on the Blue Raider roster .... #4 Tennessee is the highest ranked opponent the Blue Raiders have faced in the I-A era ... Sophomore linebacker Alvin Fite made his first career start tonight ... Senior David Youell (from Sevier County) extended his streak of consecutive games with a reception to 24 tonight ... Senior Louis Kemp made his second career fumble recovery in the second quarter ... Middle Tennessee failed to score a touchdown for the first time since being blanked by Florida (55-0) on Sept. 9, 2000, a span of 21 games ... Junior safety Will Martin recorded 11 tackles to lead the Blue Raiders and junior linebacker Randy Arnold tallied a career high 10 stops to lead the Blue Raider defense.

[*]Highest ranked opponent: In 1991, 1-AA Middle Tennessee faced #1 ranked Florida State (L: 39-10). (I guess Florida State played a terrible game, too.) This same year, for some reason, Middle was only able to play 3 games at home.

[Edited by iamoz on 9-8-02 10:21P]