Hampton Lady Bulldogs

Dawgfan88

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I echo your thoughts oleagle about the girls program at HHS, however I am worried about the one at HES. All of the other "feeder" systems normally do what the High School coach wants them to do or tries to play the same style as the high school plays so the players will be ready when they get to the next level, but that is not the case at HES. I just hope that they will get on board and quit trying to burn these players out before they get to the high school level.

??? umm, I thought HES has been killing everybody? Maybe I'm wrong...

Middle school is not all about winning and losing, it is about learning. You know Coach Tolley and how he likes to play. Is that what is being taught at HES. I think not. When someone is a freshman it is too late to teach them some things they should already know how to do isn't it. Have to get with the program, for the sake of the program don't you. Or, maybe they don't want to.

You might be right. I really have no clue how they play at the elementary these days. I haven't watched a girls game down there in quite a few years...

His heart may not be able to because it will be filled with PRIDE. What a wonderful group of young ladies.

Coach Tolley and all Bulldog fans should be proud. The Lady Bulldogs showed a lot of heart and represented Hampton and Carter County very well. I'm an Elizabethton fan, but pull for all CC teams in post season. I was pulling for the Lady Dawgs all the way. I know the semifinal loss was disappointing, but take pride in the unbelievable accomplishments that you achieved this year. Great job!

Coach Tolley and all Bulldog fans should be proud. The Lady Bulldogs showed a lot of heart and represented Hampton and Carter County very well. I'm an Elizabethton fan, but pull for all CC teams in post season. I was pulling for the Lady Dawgs all the way. I know the semifinal loss was disappointing, but take pride in the unbelievable accomplishments that you achieved this year. Great job!

Thank you etownsparky for the kind words. I am very proud of my girls and we came back to the Murphy Center to cheer the Lady Cyclones on. I wish they had won because I have great respect for Coach Dugger.

I echo your thoughts oleagle about the girls program at HHS, however I am worried about the one at HES. All of the other "feeder" systems normally do what the High School coach wants them to do or tries to play the same style as the high school plays so the players will be ready when they get to the next level, but that is not the case at HES. I just hope that they will get on board and quit trying to burn these players out before they get to the high school level.

What 'feeder' systems exactly are you talking about? I am unaware of any middle school coaches that do exactly what the high school coaches do. High school is a different level of play than middle school. Many of the elementary players have only had youth club experience (if any experience at all) by the time they join the school team. Considering that HES went 24-2 and were Conference, District, Regional and East Tn. Sectional Champs, I think that they are being coached at a level that does not need conforming. HHS only recieved 3 players from the elementary coaches this year and 2 of those started on JV as freshmen, one of them played on varsity and made the all-star team in the summer camp. Looks to me like the High school coaches were pretty satisfied with the way these players came on board.

bouncepass...your blog is a personal attack at the HES coaching staff. I can say that personally I am very proud of our coaches and team at HES, I know many that feel the same way.

GO JR LADY DOGS!

Middle school is not all about winning and losing, it is about learning. You know Coach Tolley and how he likes to play. Is that what is being taught at HES. I think not. When someone is a freshman it is too late to teach them some things they should already know how to do isn't it. Have to get with the program, for the sake of the program don't you. Or, maybe they don't want to.

Of course it is about winning and losing! Learning takes place whether you are winning or losing so why not learn and win!! What middle school team in East TN does not care about winning?!? The teams in this conference are some of the toughest competition I have seen and they got that way by wanting to win. If it is not about winning then why was there a Sectional tournament added to middle school play? Or do you think that middle school ball is only about preparing them to win at the high school level? I know parents who would have your head for that way of thinking!!

I would be curious to know if this is how the High School coaches feel. Has Coach Tolley ever gone to any of the elementary coaching staff and asked them to work on specific things with their players? And as far as that goes, has the HHS coaching staff conferred with any of the future college coaches to make sure that they are teaching their players in the same way? Do you think they should?

If everyone bought into this feeder system hoopla that you are trying to push, then we would have middle school players playing like college players and that is not very realistic.