Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

Papatiger, can you please stop drinking the Bolivar Haterade? I mean, this is like the 7th or 8th thread that I've seen you on in the last 2 weeks downing Bolivar. I know you're mad that we wouldn't put the girls game on the same day as the boys last year, but you're a preacher. Come on man, let the grudge go!

Well first of all, hate is not in my vocabulary. Second, I'm not downing Bolivar, I have said they have a really good team. You should know if you read the 7th or 8th thread postings. Third, I had already forgot about the time thing a couple of years ago, but that is over too. Fourth, I'm only making my opinion known as you are, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, that is what this board is for. Now, back to number 2. Bolivar is a really good team, but I just don't see them winning it. I haven't seen any of the other teams that are in it play this year. But I do usually have a good recognition of a team that is IMO a state champion type team and I just don't see it in Bolivar. If they win, great, I don't care if they do. But from what I've read about the other teams, I would say Livingston Academy is the one to beat. But after all, you still have to play the game and these are only high school kids. I wish Bolivar well and hope that they play the best they can, but don't hate on me for stating what I believe about the team. Think what you want but I could care less if Bolivar was to go undefeated every year. If I lived in Bolivar I would be a homer too thinking they would win every game every year. It's good for you guys to have team spirit, but don't get mad because someone doesn't agree with you.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well first of all, hate is not in my vocabulary. Second, I'm not downing Bolivar, I have said they have a really good team. You should know if you read the 7th or 8th thread postings. Third, I had already forgot about the time thing a couple of years ago, but that is over too. Fourth, I'm only making my opinion known as you are, there's nothing wrong with that. I mean, that is what this board is for. Now, back to number 2. Bolivar is a really good team, but I just don't see them winning it. I haven't seen any of the other teams that are in it play this year. But I do usually have a good recognition of a team that is IMO a state champion type team and I just don't see it in Bolivar. If they win, great, I don't care if they do. But from what I've read about the other teams, I would say Livingston Academy is the one to beat. But after all, you still have to play the game and these are only high school kids. I wish Bolivar well and hope that they play the best they can, but don't hate on me for stating what I believe about the team. Think what you want but I could care less if Bolivar was to go undefeated every year. If I lived in Bolivar I would be a homer too thinking they would win every game every year. It's good for you guys to have team spirit, but don't get mad because someone doesn't agree with you.

So...............................You're picking Livingston? Great, that's fair. My pick is (surprise) BTW.

Great season Livingston but it ends Wed. Bolivar wins this one easy

Easy ???????????????? I will love watching you eat a good ole bunch of crow Wednesday night !!!!!!!!!!

You must be crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Go HOG-EYE !!!!!!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Yea, I bet he probably celebrated! I know I would rather play Livingston than anyone else! LOL!

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Now THAT'S funny! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Livingston fans, I mean no disrespect because I love the way your team plays and Dunn is a joy to watch. But can you please explain to me what the crap is a HOGEYE. I know it is a cheer that you do about 4,000 times per game but what does it mean?

I am not a good story teller but I am up and will try.

We are a one high school county. We are in rural Tennessee with 4 elementary schools and 1 middle school that "feed" the high school. Each community is very proud of their school and their basketball and always have.

Many years ago, one of the community's known as Hogeye/Bethsaida had some kids (can't remember if boys or girls team) on the LA team and when they were on the court, their friends would holler things like "go hogeye" or "get em hogeye" and the name just stuck and so forth came one of the most famed and hated chants in the state:

"H O G E Y E HOG-EYE HOG-EYE TNT!!". It is and has been an LA tradition for a long time. I hope I got that close. I know there are other posters who can tell the story much better but I think that is it in a nut shell.

That tradition goes back to like the 30's doesn't it? It's even on the back of their warmup jackets. I had to ask too the first time I saw it.

I'm having a hard time figuring out this AA state tournament. Some of the 'favorites' that I picked are out of the picture already. Austin-East, Dyer County, CPA and Howard. I did have Bolivar, LA and BTW in my original picks. I don't think Lipscomb will hang very long, but they are playing pretty good ball. They have some shooters but they aren't as athletic as some of the other ones I know about. I really, really hate that Bolivar and LA are playing in the first round. I think some sort of seeding system would be a good thing if it could be implemented. Not sure how that would work though. Drawing names out of a hat's not too scientific. I won't be able to make a 5:00 start time, but I hope to be getting text updates. Good luck to both teams.

I am not a good story teller but I am up and will try.

We are a one high school county. We are in rural Tennessee with 4 elementary schools and 1 middle school that "feed" the high school. Each community is very proud of their school and their basketball and always have.

Many years ago, one of the community's known as Hogeye/Bethsaida had some kids (can't remember if boys or girls team) on the LA team and when they were on the court, their friends would holler things like "go hogeye" or "get em hogeye" and the name just stuck and so forth came one of the most famed and hated chants in the state:

"H O G E Y E HOG-EYE HOG-EYE TNT!!". It is and has been an LA tradition for a long time. I hope I got that close. I know there are other posters who can tell the story much better but I think that is it in a nut shell.

Your very close. It was the girls team. And yea its probably one of the most know nad hated chants in the state. Those who hear it usually laugh and never know the true meaning of it. I had the honor of telling the Gibson Co fans what it was about. And he really thought it was funny till he knew the meaning behind it. Expect to hear it loud and proud Wen. night. GO HOGEYE LEAVE NO DOUBT

I'm pulling for my alma mater. Go Tigers!

Bolivar has always had very good basketball teams....even back when I was in high school and Bolivar was playing in AAA...back in late 70's and 1980(when I graduated). We had Jose Crisp and Elvis Mitchell and Ricky Griggs. This was a very good team that got beat in the substate by Memphis Carver and Bobby Westbrook in something like a triple OT game that ended on a last second shot by Westbrook from the deep, baseline corner as he was falling out of bounds!!!!! It was crazy. It was a great game.

Jose Crisp went on to play for TN State, I believe; or was it E. TN State? after playing JUCO ball. Elvis was recruited by Union U., but I dont think he played any college ball, which was a shame. The fella could shoot. It was almost an automatic goal everytime he shot the ball. And, if I remember right, Bobby Westbrook went on to play for Vandy.

Go Tigers!