Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

Great season Livingston but it ends Wed. Bolivar wins this one easy

Ha! I believe these two met at a playday this pre-season, LA winning by about 20. You probaly don't remember that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sure bet Bolivar boys remembers sweeeet cross-overs and smooth 3s raining down!!! LOL GO HOG-EYE!!!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! I believe these two met at a playday this pre-season, LA winning by about 20. You probaly don't remember that. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Sure bet Bolivar boys remembers sweeeet cross-overs and smooth 3s raining down!!! LOL GO HOG-EYE!!!

You said it all...PLAYDAY....PRE-SEASON.....no one in their right mind ever goes by a preseason playday. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> That is considered common sense in bball.

Rudesill remembers it well and stated so in todays paper. However, that was a playday and didn't count in the win loss column. Trust me when I tell you Rudesill doesn't coach or sub in playdays like they are real games that count. You can believe that if you like but it would be a big mistake to base anything on that playday. This should be a good game . If you think LA is going to run over and blow out Bolivar you are crazy...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! Rudesill will not get outcoached either.....not by the LA coach or any coach in the entire state for that matter. You been eating to much of that HOG SLOP...IT SEEMS!!!! Over here we call it koolaid. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You said it all...PLAYDAY....PRE-SEASON.....no one in their right mind ever goes by a preseason playday. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> That is considered common sense in bball.

I agree playday is playday, but any baller with real pride will compete as hard in a backyard game as a state tourn. game. I assure you wildcats have PRIDE!!! GO HOG-EYE!!

Rudesill remembers it well and stated so in todays paper. However, that was a playday and didn't count in the win loss column. Trust me when I tell you Rudesill doesn't coach or sub in playdays like they are real games that count. You can believe that if you like but it would be a big mistake to base anything on that playday. This should be a good game . If you think LA is going to run over and blow out Bolivar you are crazy...NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!!! Rudesill will not get outcoached either.....not by the LA coach or any coach in the entire state for that matter. You been eating to much of that HOG SLOP...IT SEEMS!!!! Over here we call it koolaid. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

hit the nail on the head Yankess, Rudesill wont get out-coached ! Tigers will have to play wiith discipline to win this game tho.

IMO these are #1 #2 teams in AA state this year with Fulton a close #3..too bad for the one that loses..

GO TIGERS !!!

I too believe it will be a good game... Our coach also subs and coaches different in playdays. That was just a comment to state a fact these two are familiar with each other.... LOOKING FORWARD TO BATTLE, as far as coahes go, i will stand behind melton!!!

I too believe it will be a good game... Our coach also subs and coaches different in playdays. That was just a comment to state a fact these two are familiar with each other.... LOOKING FORWARD TO BATTLE, as far as coahes go, i will stand behind melton!!!

I grew up with Richard Melton and I'm here to tell ya... the guy grew up on basketball. He has ate, breathed and slept basketball since the 4th grade. In fact, while the 4th graders on our team that year sat on the bench just happy to be there, Richard sat next to Coach Dial (another great B-ball coach) and took in everything he was telling the starters. As a player, he was one of if not THE all time leading scorer for LA until this year when Chase Dunn broke his record.

So I would say Coach Melton know a thing or three about basketball as well.

I agree playday is playday, but any baller with real pride will compete as hard in a backyard game as a state tourn. game. I assure you wildcats have PRIDE!!! GO HOG-EYE!!

So now not only is LA going to destroy Bolivar by 20 plus points... Bolivar has no pride? Is that what you're saying? Hmmm? Interesting comments. I wonder what Bolivar thinks about that?

I'm pulling for my alma mater. Go Tigers!

Bolivar has always had very good basketball teams....even back when I was in high school and Bolivar was playing in AAA...back in late 70's and 1980(when I graduated). We had Jose Crisp and Elvis Mitchell and Ricky Griggs. This was a very good team that got beat in the substate by Memphis Carver and Bobby Westbrook in something like a triple OT game that ended on a last second shot by Westbrook from the deep, baseline corner as he was falling out of bounds!!!!! It was crazy. It was a great game.

Jose Crisp went on to play for TN State, I believe; or was it E. TN State? after playing JUCO ball. Elvis was recruited by Union U., but I dont think he played any college ball, which was a shame. The fella could shoot. It was almost an automatic goal everytime he shot the ball. And, if I remember right, Bobby Westbrook went on to play for Vandy.

Go Tigers!

Jose's son, Des, is a senior this year at Bolivar. Great kid and great ball player. Hope the Bolivar boys come out ready to play wednesday! would love to see another gold ball in our case /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Nobody ever said Melton couldn't coach. What was said was that Rudesill would not be outcoached by anybody in the state. Rudesill coaches Bolivar Boys and Girls both. He has been at Bolivar 10 years (maybe slightly longer) and this will be his 6th trip with the boys (won back to back to) and has taken the girls twice since he took over there about 5 years ago. Is there another coach in the state regardless of classification that has taken the boys and girls both to the state TWICE (in the same year) in the last four years? I also know Rudesill has been to substate at least twice and come up short. Bolivar is good and competes for championships every single season since Rudesill has been there. Do the win it every season...NO.....but, they are one of the top AA programs in the entire state. They don't just compete and have great seasons every now and then like alot of other schools.

Can somebody from Bolivar tell me when Rudesill took over at Bolivar? Wasn't he at JCS or somewhere like that before going to Bolivar.

BTW, Rudesill must live and breath basketball to, just like Melton. Afterall, he does coach the girls and boys both. Pretty sure Rudesill's father was a longtime coach at Jackson NS as well.