Bolivar (26-3) vs. Livingston Acad. (32-2)

Nobody ever said Melton couldn't coach. What was said was that Rudesill would not be outcoached by anybody in the state. Rudesill coaches Bolivar Boys and Girls both. He has been at Bolivar 10 years (maybe slightly longer) and this will be his 6th trip with the boys (won back to back to) and has taken the girls twice since he took over there about 5 years ago. Is there another coach in the state regarless of classification that has taken the boys and girls both to the state TWICE (in the same year) in the last four years? I alos know Rudesill has been to substate at least twice and come up short. Bolivar is good and competes for championships every single season since Rudesill has been there. Do the win it every season...NO.....but, they are one of the top AA programs in the entire state. They don't just compete and have great seasons every now and then like alot of other schools.

Can somebody from Bolivar tell me when Rudesill took over at Bolivar? Wasn't he at JCS or womewhere like that before going to Bolivar.

BTW, Rudesill must live and breath basketball to, just like Melton. Afterall, he does coach the girls and boys both. Pretty sure Rudesill's father was a longtime coach at Jackson NS as well.

He came to Bolivar in the late 90s...maybe 97ish... Coach at USJ prior to coming to Bolivar. And I'd say he lives and breathes basketball- I don't think the man ever leaves the gym

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livingston Academy is a very good team. I think Bolivar will have their hands full. I still think that 2A could have a number of teams that can actually win this tournament. A/AAA is down basically to 2 teams per classification, but I think that at least 6 of the teams in AA can win it. Should be one of the better tournaments, as far as that class goes, in a while.

This is a tough draw for both teams. There's no doubt Coach Rudesill will have his guys ready to take on Livingston. I have not seen Livingston play, but there's no doubt that Bolivar will have just as much talent and athleticism as LA. Good Luck to Coach Rudesill and Bolivar!!! Bring some gold back to the west!

I don't know the Bolivar kids, can't comment on their pride, just stating that LA does have pride !!!!! Thanks oldcatfan you read my post RIGHT!!!!! GO HOYEYE WOOOOOOO!!!!!

I can't comment on the LA kids pride either...I AM JUST STAING HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE THAT THE BOLIVAR KIDS HAVE AS MUCH PRIDE AS ANYBODY.....INCLUDING LA.....TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

BTW, here is your two post. Just remember people are not stupid. Any fair minded person can see what you were getting at.

Post #1

Ha! I believe these two met at a playday this pre-season, LA winning by about 20. You probaly don't remember that. Sure bet Bolivar boys remembers sweeeet cross-overs and smooth 3s raining down!!! LOL GO HOG-EYE!!!

Post #2

I agree playday is playday, but any baller with real pride will compete as hard in a backyard game as a state tourn. game. I assure you wildcats have PRIDE!!! GO HOG-EYE!!

I can't comment on the LA kids pride either...I AM JUST STAING HERE FOR EVERYBODY TO SEE THAT THE BOLIVAR KIDS HAVE AS MUCH PRIDE AS ANYBODY.....INCLUDING LA.....TAKE THAT TO THE BANK.

BTW, here is your two post. Just remember people are not stupid. Any fair minded person can see what you were getting at.

Post #1

Ha! I believe these two met at a playday this pre-season, LA winning by about 20. You probaly don't remember that. Sure bet Bolivar boys remembers sweeeet cross-overs and smooth 3s raining down!!! LOL GO HOG-EYE!!!

Post #2

I agree playday is playday, but any baller with real pride will compete as hard in a backyard game as a state tourn. game. I assure you wildcats have PRIDE!!! GO HOG-EYE!!

I read his post too, and nowhere did he say that Bolivar had no pride. He stated facts, that if any team had pride they wouldn't lose any kind of game preseason or not by 20 points if they could win...... He may be insinuating that Bolivar can't win this game!!!!! Go Hogeye!!!!!! TNT /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I read his post too, and nowhere did he say that Bolivar had no pride. He stated facts, that if any team had pride they wouldn't lose any kind of game preseason or not by 20 points if they could win...... He may be insinuating that Bolivar can't win this game!!!!! Go Hogeye!!!!!! TNT /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I guess you didn't get it either.