TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

So all you Middle and East Tn basketball fans think it's right for the top 2 ranked teams in the state in 1A to play the very first game of the tournament??...

If Humboldt or Manassas, either one, get to the championship they cannot say they backed into a state championship game appearance....

Same cannot be said for the bottom part of the bracket... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

EXACTLY.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think this is a load a crap, wait til you see them try to seed this tournament. There is no fair way to seed this tournament. You can't go by records because then schools would play cupcakes. You can't go by the AP rankings because then you are leaving it up to the media who have no clue about teams in other areas and you also bring in the possiblity of them ranking thier team higher than they should be so they can get a good seed.

Is the blind draw system we have perfect? By all means no. But is it the best system that we have come up with? Yes.

The bashing those AP guys have taken the last few years on this web-site has straightened them out somewhat...I used to feel the same way you did...Alot of homers voting for the hometown team...Now they have some resources to put some research into their votes...I know a few of the guys that vote and they take it seriously.....

There has to be a better way to seed a state championship tournament than blind luck...For the work these teams put into a season they deserve more....The top two teams in the state should never play each in the first round....

Can you think of any sport that holds a tournament to crown their champion that pits the two top teams against each other in the first round.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

The bashing those AP guys have taken the last few years on this web-site has straightened them out somewhat...I used to feel the same way you did...Alot of homers voting for the hometown team...Now they have some resources to put some research into their votes...I know a few of the guys that vote and they take it seriously.....

There has to be a better way to seed a state championship tournament than blind luck...For the work these teams put into a season they deserve more....The top two teams in the state should never play each in the first round....

Can you think of any sport that holds a tournament to crown their champion that pits the two top teams against each other in the first round.... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

True, they have straigtened out now but you put something like this in their hands and then you will back to where it was a few years ago. I would even go so far as to say coaches would lobby thier hometown paper for a higher rank.

I agree, there has to be a better way, but we haven't figured it out yet.

I don't think you can compare HS to other sports. Totally different animal.

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

The "blind draw" is not a perfect system but atleast its better than what they do in football. Talk about Ronnie Carter protecting middle and east teams in basketball its much worse in football! In football the WEAK west is assured of playing for a title when in reality the true championship is played in the semi's when the east and middle tn powerhouses play eachother and then get the trophy the next week against the weak representative from west tn. I do agree that Humboldt and Manassas are the two best teams in class A and its a shame they are facing off in the first round but atleast it was fair! It was a blind draw no one dictated who went where as they do in football. So if you're going to complain about this then complain about how your weak football teams get a chance EVERY year to play in the state championship in football when there are 10 teams in middle and east 20 points better and sitting at home!

The "blind draw" is not a perfect system but atleast its better than what they do in football. Talk about Ronnie Carter protecting middle and east teams in basketball its much worse in football! In football the WEAK west is assured of playing for a title when in reality the true championship is played in the semi's when the east and middle tn powerhouses play eachother and then get the trophy the next week against the weak representative from west tn. I do agree that Humboldt and Manassas are the two best teams in class A and its a shame they are facing off in the first round but atleast it was fair! It was a blind draw no one dictated who went where as they do in football. So if you're going to complain about this then complain about how your weak football teams get a chance EVERY year to play in the state championship in football when there are 10 teams in middle and east 20 points better and sitting at home!

The basketball state tournament format is more watered down than the football playoff system...At least if you lose once in the playoff you are gone....

In the basketball tournaments you can lose three times and still win a state championship....

Look at Temple...They have already lost twice since the tournaments started....

Manassas is not one of the top two teams according to the coacht.com standings. I think they were actually ranked about 8th. They are the fourth best team in the tournament according to those same standings.

There is no way that you can rank teams by standings for a tournament unless they all played the same teams or at least played similar teams. Humboldt has a right to brag for being undefeated but what does it really mean to be undefeated when 24 of your 33 games were in your own district and almost all of them are weak teams, most with losing records. Humboldt was the only team out of its district or region to make it to the state tournament. The same with Manassass. Temple and Grace both play in the same district both made it to the state. Temple has 6 losses on the season. 3 losses against a late awakening Grace and three losses against very good AAA teams. One of those AAA teams, Walker Valley, has the best record in their class and the only A team they played was us. We did lose to them 96-92 but no other team scored as many points on them as we did. What does that mean? Nothing.

I posted in an earlier thread that I would love to see Temple draw Humboldt in the first round, play Manassas in the second, then match up with Grace Baptist in the final. No team had any control over where they fell in the bracket and to be honest, with all the trouble Temple had with the TSSAA over violations last year, do your really think that Carter is going to consipire to put Temple playing against Cloudland, who has the worse standing of any team in the tournament of 27th?

The basketball state tournament format is more watered down than the football playoff system...At least if you lose once in the playoff you are gone....

In the basketball tournaments you can lose three times and still win a state championship....

Look at Temple...They have already lost twice since the tournaments started....

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking that the state tournament started this Wednesday. Since it has not started yet, how could Temple lose twice, especially, since it is a win or go home format, not a double elimination?

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

Its the mafia!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Correct me if I am wrong, but I was thinking that the state tournament started this Wednesday. Since it has not started yet, how could Temple lose twice, especially, since it is a win or go home format, not a double elimination?

He's talking in terms of the playoffs in general, not just the state tournament...Temple lost in the District and Region Championship games, yet here they are...They went on the road and won their substate game so they deserve to be here...