TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

To suggest that Ronnie Carter--and the TSSAA--would intentionally "fix" the bracket to have Manassas and Humboldt play in the first round is ridiculous. I can assure you, if they had their druthers, they'd rather this have been the championship game on Saturday.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the mafia!!!

Why is everyone crying over Humboldt and Manassas only ONE team is going to win Class A State Championship so why does it matter when they play each other, oh i know because WEST TN. cant talk about their Memphis final, get over it, and lets start the tourney, ENOUGH ALREADY.

Strength rankings I saw on coachT....

1.Humboldt-(1)

2.Manassas-(2)

3.Knox Grace-(4)

4.Temple-(8)

5.Grace Bapt.-(9)

6.Clarksville Acd-(10)

7.Cloudland-(12)

8.Summertown-(14)

Those rankings don't take into consideration the teams you play out of state....

Those rankings also have Grace Baptist over Temple and Temple is 1-3 against Grace this season....

Why is everyone crying over Humboldt and Manassas only ONE team is going to win Class A State Championship so why does it matter when they play each other, oh i know because WEST TN. cant talk about their Memphis final, get over it, and lets start the tourney, ENOUGH ALREADY.

exactly!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Exactly to be the best you must beat the best. Lets get it on.................

He's talking in terms of the playoffs in general, not just the state tournament...Temple lost in the District and Region Championship games, yet here they are...They went on the road and won their substate game so they deserve to be here...

I see. Of course, most people in our region realize that matters not. In 2006, Grace lost the district championship and went on to finish runner up at the state. In 2007, CSAS lost the region championship and went on to finish runner up. In 2008, Temple won the district and the region championship and was put out in the first round of the tournament. I do not know what it looks like for other districts and regions.

Strength rankings I saw on coachT....

1.Humboldt-(1)

2.Manassas-(2)

3.Knox Grace-(4)

4.Temple-(8)

5.Grace Bapt.-(9)

6.Clarksville Acd-(10)

7.Cloudland-(12)

8.Summertown-(14)

Those rankings don't take into consideration the teams you play out of state....

Those rankings also have Grace Baptist over Temple and Temple is 1-3 against Grace this season....

Those were the strength/success rankings. I was only looking at the strength of schedule rankings. It does not really mean much to me to have great success over mostly muffin teams.

I totally agree. Humbolt hasn't lost a game all year and their playing a team that's 25-2 in the FIRST ROUND??? C'mon. I'm from west tn and honestly can say that i HATE humbolt lol. but this is the biggest load of crap next to the BCS system that i've heard of in quite some time.

I guess it's too common sense for a number one seed in the state to play the lowest seed in the ship...that'd be just too plain and simple

If it went by record for seeding, first round in AAA would be Raleigh Egypt vs White Station, so everyone would be griping about that game, so there is no good way, lets just play the TOURNEY.

If it went by record for seeding, first round in AAA would be Raleigh Egypt vs White Station, so everyone would be griping about that game, so there is no good way, lets just play the TOURNEY.

How do you figure that? anyone with any idea of sports what so ever would logically conclude that it would be the best way to do the match up. This "blind" drawing b.s. is just that, b.s. You would have many fewer people complaining if it went by this higher playing lower seed format.

As i said i despise humbolt anyway lol, but the higher playing lower Is just basic common sense reasoning people.

That's like saying alright this year in the NFL we're going to place the division leaders playing each other and the wild cards playing each other, then bring them together after one of the higher knocks a higher out. It has no reasoning behind it.

In this system, a team could literally lose ALL games before the district play in games and then win out and win the state tourny by playing the last and last seed teams together and the number 1 and 2 seeds knocking each other out.

If you can agree with this, then dear dear dear your logical far surpasses mine /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

It matters because it is the difference between playing one game in the state tournament and 3. If you were a senior and played on a very good team all year would you want to go home and watch a weaker squad play 2 more games? Especially if the team you lost against is the best team in the state?

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

You may have a point here. The good news is that we all we have a regime change SOON! I am watching the A girls chmp on tv and the tssaa refs are HORRIBLE. It seems when a team has made it to the state several years in a row...they get better draws, refs, etc.! Maybe things will improve in high school sports in the state of tn in the future. I wish they would not have classifications at all. Kentucky, Indiana has ONE true champion...