TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

You may have a point here. The good news is that we all we have a regime change SOON! I am watching the A girls chmp on tv and the tssaa refs are HORRIBLE. It seems when a team has made it to the state several years in a row...they get better draws, refs, etc.! Maybe things will improve in high school sports in the state of tn in the future. I wish they would not have classifications at all. Kentucky, Indiana has ONE true champion...

Actually, Indiana now has multiple champions.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you figure that? anyone with any idea of sports what so ever would logically conclude that it would be the best way to do the match up. This "blind" drawing b.s. is just that, b.s. You would have many fewer people complaining if it went by this higher playing lower seed format.

As i said i despise humbolt anyway lol, but the higher playing lower Is just basic common sense reasoning people.

That's like saying alright this year in the NFL we're going to place the division leaders playing each other and the wild cards playing each other, then bring them together after one of the higher knocks a higher out. It has no reasoning behind it.

In this system, a team could literally lose ALL games before the district play in games and then win out and win the state tourny by playing the last and last seed teams together and the number 1 and 2 seeds knocking each other out.

If you can agree with this, then dear dear dear your logical far surpasses mine

There is a thread on coacht that suggests going by records of teams if you will look at everyones record in AAA it would post RE against WS, go read the thread, people would scream from now on if that happened, really there is no good way to seed teams, if you go by rankings then it would be left up to the media, that would be a joke, everyone would vote for their community teams and try to make them better than they are, lets just play the tournament, the class A winner will have to win their first game to move on anyway.

i dont think theres anything wrong with playing humboldt or manasass first, you would definitly have to play them eventually so why not play them first. and they arent unbeatable, just very talented. should be a great tourny, good luck to everybody.

and i like humboldt in the first round, they just have too much size and talent unless buckner goes off.

Why is everyone crying over Humboldt and Manassas only ONE team is going to win Class A State Championship so why does it matter when they play each other, oh i know because WEST TN. cant talk about their Memphis final, get over it, and lets start the tourney, ENOUGH ALREADY.

It matters because it would make the Championship game more interesting. That simple. That's what we wanna see for the Gold Ball.

Oh no's the possibility of an all West Finals is gone what will we ever do. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I don't really get the whole "conspiracy" thing. For one, a great record does not equal a great team, so I'm just not sure that Humboldt and Manassas are the best teams in the bracket. I just looked at TSSAA, and the Chattanooga-area has won four state championships this decade in Class A, so the whole "West Tennessee is better than everybody else" theory doesn't really exist like it does in AA and AAA. Could Humboldt or Manassas be the eventual state champion? Possibly, but if another team wins, I wouldn't be surprised because West Tennessee doesn't dominate in single A basketball.

I don't really get the whole "conspiracy" thing. For one, a great record does not equal a great team, so I'm just not sure that Humboldt and Manassas are the best teams in the bracket. I just looked at TSSAA, and the Chattanooga-area has won four state championships this decade in Class A, so the whole "West Tennessee is better than everybody else" theory doesn't really exist like it does in AA and AAA. Could Humboldt or Manassas be the eventual state champion? Possibly, but if another team wins, I wouldn't be surprised because West Tennessee doesn't dominate in single A basketball.

Have you seen either one of these teams?? Just a question /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I personally haven't seen the middle or east this year but these 2 teams can get it done.

Uh oh I can only imagine the faces of the West TN fans now. They are steaming now...Good post though.

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

It doesn't surprise me at all!!! I have lost all respect for the TSSAA.. i was informed today that they stated that if Dyer County had of went over to Booker T's coach and asked for a rematch everything would have been fine, like they were really going to give us a rematch... The only punishment Booker T is getting for the cheating they did was they have to have an officail score keeper now. I understand your concerns. it is very hard for a west Tn to go and win because of the exact reasons you said!!!

It doesn't surprise me at all!!! I have lost all respect for the TSSAA.. i was informed today that they stated that if Dyer County had of went over to Booker T's coach and asked for a rematch everything would have been fine, like they were really going to give us a rematch... The only punishment Booker T is getting for the cheating they did was they have to have an officail score keeper now. I understand your concerns. it is very hard for a west Tn to go and win because of the exact reasons you said!!!

Rematch....you need to check your sources because I think they are playing with your mind....you need to get over that defeat....wow...you are still whinning...this is not about the substate games...its about the teams in the state. Its not healthy to have anger in your heart after a week. I guess they needed an official score keeper for the other 20 plus games they won this season. If BTW win the state, you might run your head to a brick wall. Please seek some professional help.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />