TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

snakedriver,

How did Ronnie CArter screw W. Tenn in all of this selection process. Weren't the names/numbers drawn out of a bowl or something. When you say blind draw, to me that means all teams were placed in a bowl or hat or box and they were drawn out. Explaing to this old East TEnn dummie, how he screwed you all. You are the biggest idiot I have ever seen. I wished I didn't have to work Wednesday, I would go to the "Boro and tell you that to you idiotic face, if you showed up their.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the two best teams are Temple and Grace.

Of all the teams at the tournament this year in class A, I am pretty sure that Temple is the only one with a state title, in fact they have three state titles and one runner up. Grace has two runner-ups. Temple last year was the only team in any class to return from the previous year's tournament, after winning the title. I may be wrong, but I think that Temple and Manassas are the only two teams this year returning in class A. Humboldt did not even make it to the tourney last year, and was put out the previous two years in the semis by Grace and Temple. I doubt seriously that Humboldt will make it past Manassas this year. Being undefeated is always very impressive but it is clear to anyone who takes the time to look that Humboldt had an easier path to the better record than Manassas did.

The way it looks to me is that the state championship game will indeed be played on Saturday by which ever teams win their first two games.

Again, I don't know who the best team in Single A is (I played in AAA myself), but I'm just looking forward to watching the top 8 teams in Class A playing. If the winner comes out of the Humboldt/Manassas game, then that's great, but if they get beat by Knoxville Grace or Grace Academy in the semifinals, your argument is null and void.

And, just in case you didn't know, here's photos of the live draw. Snakedriver, if you want, we could hook those two little boys up to a lie-detector and find out if they have a conspiracy against West Tennessee.

http://www.tssaa.org/boysdrawing.htm

Seems to me that all you folks who are whineing and crying about a conspiracy, don't have a lot of faith in your team to start with..............My bet would be, if teams were seeded, You'd be the first ones on here crying a 'river of tears' about how the t$$aa had conspired against you.................................Maybe we could just give one of your West Tn. teams a bye until the championship game.---------------Then when you lost, you'd still be on here crying about something. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The teams should be seeded 1 through 8......PERIOD. All this talk that seedings wouldn't be fair is BS. Seeding would be based on the toatl body of work over the course of the whole seson. Serious unbiased basketball people would fairly easily be able to see 1 through 8. BLIND DRAW IS TOTAL BS AND A SHAM......I don't know how the surroundong states do it but to draw names out of a hat is about as unscientific as can be....IT'S A JOKE and a setup up because you only have 8 teams and the blind draw is exactly what's needed to INCREASE THE ODDS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING. ANY OTHER FORMULA AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The blind draw is a sham and should be done away with. Don't expect it though because this is what's needed to help the odds of certain parts of the state. The best teams should be rewarded in the first round....NOT PUNISHED. How hard is that to understand.

I had every intention of going to the boro on Saturday and watching all three games. This is a game changer for me. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS EVENT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Any penny spent at this event will be a penny that rewards this BS. THEY WILL NOT GET ONE CENT FROM ME. I understand they have been having attendance and financial issuse here and there over the last few seasons anyway....If people feel so strongly the should boycott. I may not even watch the finals on TV. March madness is on oanyway.

Seeding would not be a bad idea. However, west Tn. play the games and quit crying. Just last week in the girls tournament #3 Mcminn Central had to play #2 Upperman in the sectionals! Yes, that is how the tournament bracket worked out but neither of the teams were crying b/c they were having to play in the sectionals. They were actually excited about the match-up! Most people were saying the winner could very easily win state and as it turned out Mcminn won the game and lost first round of the state. So, in conclusion does it stink that two top ranked teams play in the quarterfinals? Heck yeah, but the reality is TSSAA does not have a seeding system it is a blind draw and sometimes this is what we have to deal with. Conspiracy theory? C'mon just play ball!

The teams should be seeded 1 through 8......PERIOD. All this talk that seedings wouldn't be fair is BS. Seeding would be based on the toatl body of work over the course of the whole seson. Serious unbiased basketball people would fairly easily be able to see 1 through 8. BLIND DRAW IS TOTAL BS AND A SHAM......I don't know how the surroundong states do it but to draw names out of a hat is about as unscientific as can be....IT'S A JOKE and a setup up because you only have 8 teams and the blind draw is exactly what's needed to INCREASE THE ODDS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING. ANY OTHER FORMULA AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The blind draw is a sham and should be done away with. Don't expect it though because this is what's needed to help the odds of certain parts of the state. The best teams should be rewarded in the first round....NOT PUNISHED. How hard is that to understand.

I had every intention of going to the boro on Saturday and watching all three games. This is a game changer for me. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS EVENT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Any penny spent at this event will be a penny that rewards this BS. THEY WILL NOT GET ONE CENT FROM ME. I understand they have been having attendance and financial issuse here and there over the last few seasons anyway....If people feel so strongly the should boycott. I may not even watch the finals on TV. March madness is on oanyway.

Oh! BOO HOO! If I don't get my way I'll take my ball and go home. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

snakedriver,

You are the biggest idiot I have ever seen. I wished I didn't have to work Wednesday, I would go to the "Boro and tell you that to you idiotic face, if you showed up their.

Wow... ummmm....anger issues maybe??? /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

In this system, a team could literally lose ALL games before the district play in games and then win out and win the state tourny by playing the last and last seed teams together and the number 1 and 2 seeds knocking each other out.

1 and 2 could not knock each other out! One of them would travel on to play this undeserving team your speaking of who you say wins it all /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> That's sounds like a state champion team I'd pay to see play every game /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

Comment:

BLIND DRAWS MEAN ANYTHING GOES!

End of Comment.

Oh! BOO HOO! If I don't get my way I'll take my ball and go home. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I have no allegiance to either team, DIRTBAG. You can take your ball and do whatever with it you like....you can even shove it up you you know what for all I care. I can spend my money anyway I like. You or noone else can force me to do something I don't support o principal. BOO HOO THAT IDIOT!!!!!! I didn't ask for you to reply to me I was just stating an opinion.