Miss Basketball?

PressureD

First let me say my congrats to all Nominees and Winners!!!! All are very special /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think to some degree it is based on the total body of work. To some degree it is based on the state tournament. Also think it's based on the district, region, and sub state tournaments.

I think for the voters, the season (2009) for Miss Basketball started during last years post season tournaments. This is when the spotlight starts to shine a little brighter for the players, fans, and media. We as fans usually only see the talent that's within our district up until this point. Same for the media/voters!! Then we travel within the region and see more talent and then to other regions in the sub state and see more talent. Same for the voters!!! Keep in mind all your winners for this year we're still playing at this point last year /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now it's off to the 'Boro where fans and voters are seeing more talent and the light's a little brighter. In Class A we see Jackson Co win the gold ball and Laken Lenard wins MVP.....AA Marshall Co wins the gold ball and Lauren March wins MVP....AAA Wilson Central gets the gold ball and Jasmine Hassell wins the MVP.... all were still playing at this point and then some /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now the light goes dark for most voters and fans until the regular season begins. Some see a few AAU games, but not as many fans and even less voters.

The season starts and the light starts to glow. We start to remember players names and numbers and follow them throughout the reg. season. As the stats build the season ends and it's time to vote /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

I think it's a safe bet your 2010 Miss Basketball was playing in the 'Boro last week!!!!!!!

....................... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ......................

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It bothers me for someone to say one team mate won state! Team Players is what it takes. Thats what JC had Last Year!!

I am going to say something that I probably shouldn't, but you know me I can't help it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I thought Dyer deserved the MVP of the state tournament last year. Not tot take away from LL, but I thought Dyer had the better overall performance!! Maxwell wasn't far behind either.

As for Miss Basketball, I am afraid the best PR manager gets the award. Not saying she isn't deserving, she is. But it is a political award.

I am going to say something that I probably shouldn't, but you know me I can't help it. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> I thought Dyer deserved the MVP of the state tournament last year. Not tot take away from LL, but I thought Dyer had the better overall performance!! Maxwell wasn't far behind either.

As for Miss Basketball, I am afraid the best PR manager gets the award. Not saying she isn't deserving, she is. But it is a political award.

First 86, Ihave tried to not say anything. But nuts like you are always with us till the day we die.

You can't get over the fact that JC beat the stuffings out of you 5 times last year and won the

goldball. Most of the JC people were pulling for CR this year. Leonard had a lot to do with

last years victorys. Nobody has ever said she did it all. I was critized for saying she did not

have to prove anything, the media and those that know know who and what she is.

She has always been a team player, one of the most unselfish players there has ever been.

They lost five seniors this year. What does wildstang and others want me to say. It is stupid,

Laken more than anyone knows it takes teamwork. Simply said her team did not come along

as hoped. They did have a good year, not great. But there was people like 86 getting on here

and criticize Laken for not doing more. I said she don't have to please you , she has already

proved her ability. I did not mean she did not need to improve.

They beat kc's at her home and at JC. With a rebuilt team that she did all she could for, they had

a good year. I know the armchair quarterback will always be with us. During last years

08 tourny as you brought up, Laken had an outstanding first two games. Laken played

outstanding defense against CR had 8 or 10 rebounds, last game and could be argued she

kept CR from winning the game. I try to be humble as I think all of us should, but enough

is enough. The best player won the miss basketball award, you cannot take it from her

or her part in last years gold ball. Get over it. enjoy your win and success this year

I salute you and CR, and quit downing a good and deserving person.

First 86, Ihave tried to not say anything. But nuts like you are always with us till the day we die.

You can't get over the fact that JC beat the stuffings out of you 5 times last year and won the

goldball. Most of the JC people were pulling for CR this year. Leonard had a lot to do with

last years victorys. Nobody has ever said she did it all. I was critized for saying she did not

She has always been a team player, one of the most unselfish players there has ever been.

They lost five seniors this year. What does wildstang and others want me to say. It is stupid,

Laken more than anyone knows it takes teamwork. Simply said her team did not come along

as hoped. They did have a good year, not great. But there was people like 86 getting on here

and criticize Laken for not doing more. I said she don't have to please you , she has already

They beat kc's at her home and at JC. With a rebuilt team that she did all she could for, they had

a good year. I know the armchair quarterback will always be with us. During last years

08 tourny as you brought up, Laken had an outstanding first two games. Laken played

outstanding defense against CR had 8 or 10 rebounds, last game and could be argued she

kept CR from winning the game. I try to be humble as I think all of us should, but enough

is enough. The best player won the miss basketball award, you cannot take it from her

or her part in last years gold ball. Get over it. enjoy your win and success this year

I have not downed her one time and I will not! I did not say she did not deserve the award, I just stated what I thought about the state wide individual awards like that! There are way too many people who get no recognition because no one exposes them. I have never put down JC, as a matter of fact, I used them in several examples to explain how some A teams are competing with elite AA and very good AAA teams. Don't try to use me as a scapegoat for your anger, because everyone didn't get on here and fully agree with the Miss Basketball choice. I think all were outstanding players, and several outstanding players were left out. If you don't like it transfer to another board!!! (I apologize for that, just tired of him going off on me for no reason)

goldball.

You did beat us 5 times, But I don't think 2 games by overtime and one shooting freethrows with no time on the clock would qualify as "stuffings". /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> NOw coach dont go getn them thar long johns in a wad. I respect LL and you know it and all 86 was saying what he thinks he aint downing a kid don't think he would do that.

Far as I want you to say feel free to say what you feel about it. Thats what this board is for. I just tried to explain that CR has a team full of Talent and spread the ball, thats why stats for those players don't add up. Trying to give these girls a pat on the back without taking away from LL.

I do want to say this I read the paper and was kinda disappointed in LL statement of quote ""There was only two of us (Leonard and Emily Bowman) with any playing experience on the team at all," she said. "We knew that we were really going to have to be leaders. There where other players on that team that had experience of playing they played in the GOLD BALL game last year. Don't know the reasoning for the comment but I know those girls and it was a lil Well i don't know watcha call it. When i read that then seen LL won the state tourney statement on here got under my skin just a lil, well a whole lot.

Talent is Talent and by far never have I or will I say LL didn't deserve MS. BBall, but I will say they are some talent just as good or better that don't get reconigtion. Can you understand what I am saying I mean no disrespect. I just think when you look at it from some other point of view you can see some things different.

Coach, I was at every game we played CR last year and we never beat the stuffings out of them, it was nailbiting down to the end. It very easily could have went the other way with a drop of a bucket. It didn't and JC held on and rallied their way to state. CR deserves respect for thier accomplishments too! lol

LL has been lucky enough to have a great set of parents to take her and see that she has had chances that some have not had the chance or the means to do so. If the shoe was on the other foot you might think the same, just saying some feel different than you cause you are close. I know you feel compelled to defend and I would probably too, well heck I have, but you got to see the whole picture. Respectfully disagree with some of your statements lol! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> NOw coach dont go getn them thar long johns in a wad. I respect LL and you know it and all 86 was saying what he thinks he aint downing a kid don't think he would do that.

Far as I want you to say feel free to say what you feel about it. Thats what this board is for. I just tried to explain that CR has a team full of Talent and spread the ball, thats why stats for those players don't add up. Trying to give these girls a pat on the back without taking away from LL.

I do want to say this I read the paper and was kinda disappointed in LL statement of quote ""There was only two of us (Leonard and Emily Bowman) with any playing experience on the team at all," she said. "We knew that we were really going to have to be leaders. There where other players on that team that had experience of playing they played in the GOLD BALL game last year. Don't know the reasoning for the comment but I know those girls and it was a lil Well i don't know watcha call it. When i read that then seen LL won the state tourney statement on here got under my skin just a lil, well a whole lot.

Talent is Talent and by far never have I or will I say LL didn't deserve MS. BBall, but I will say they are some talent just as good or better that don't get reconigtion. Can you understand what I am saying I mean no disrespect. I just think when you look at it from some other point of view you can see some things different.

Coach, I was at every game we played CR last year and we never beat the stuffings out of them, it was nailbiting down to the end. It very easily could have went the other way with a drop of a bucket. It didn't and JC held on and rallied their way to state. CR deserves respect for thier accomplishments too! lol

LL has been lucky enough to have a great set of parents to take her and see that she has had chances that some have not had the chance or the means to do so. If the shoe was on the other foot you might think the same, just saying some feel different than you cause you are close. I know you feel compelled to defend and I would probably too, well heck I have, but you got to see the whole picture. Respectfully disagree with some of your statements lol! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I do not like to be on here and am trying not to. But wildstang like your statement about

laken saying only two players this year. A drunk indian would know what she meant. They

only had two starters back this year. The others had not played together very much. That's

all she meant. It showed during the season. No harm meant to no one. She is a young

person, kind, religious, and has talent. She worked for everything she has accomplished

she has never put anyone down. There are many good players out there. Does that make

her less of a player, or person. I do not ever down young players. I said that some on

JC's team this year could have practiced harder, and worked harder. Many grown ups

could also do that every day. I was saying if you want to be a champion, it takes 100%

effort. I think CR stepped it up in every way this year. We at JC must take it as a

challenge to do the same for 09/10. I am DUN I think surely you know better.

I do not like to be on here and am trying not to. But wildstang like your statement about

laken saying only two players this year. A drunk indian would know what she meant. They

only had two starters back this year. The others had not played together very much. That's

all she meant. It showed during the season. No harm meant to no one. She is a young

person, kind, religious, and has talent. She worked for everything she has accomplished

she has never put anyone down. There are many good players out there. Does that make

her less of a player, or person. I do not ever down young players. I said that some on

JC's team this year could have practiced harder, and worked harder. Many grown ups

could also do that every day. I was saying if you want to be a champion, it takes 100%

effort. I think CR stepped it up in every way this year. We at JC must take it as a

challenge to do the same for 09/10. I am DUN I think surely you know better.

What LL said was out of place and shouldn't have been said. Talica and Vic played last year and done some big things. LL is a good player i wouldn't ever take that away from her, but you can't say one person won the state last year and as you see this year, LL couldn't do it by herself so people need to quit saying its LL that won it, because basketball is not one player....If you didnt have people practicing her and other poeple getting her the ball in the games, she wouldnt have the stats she has. Last year was won by the whole team, everybody put in at some point in time and LL knew that last year and if she will go back to when her head wasnt blew up, she would remember that it takes 5 players on the court and everyone to win a State Championship!!! As far as Miss Basketball it is about stats and i aint saying LL doesn't deserve it but she needs to remember that it isn't just her hard work that got her there but her teammates that help her get those stats. She had a good team last year and i know people worked their butts off last year and people that didn't start were in the gym every night after practice making theirselves better to help get the team to state and made sure they did their part so you can't say its just starters or one player. That has to be aggraviting for the teammates last year to hear people saying that stuff. So do you thing people that don't start shouldnt get anything? As far as this year, yes she had teammates to help her she just had to trust in them!!!