Maryville at Seymour @ 7 Tonight

cnpitbull

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville was up 1-0 at the half. That goal came around the 35th minute. The first half was tightly contested. I would say time of possession was 60/40 Maryville. Seymour was controlling the ball in the defensive third and midfield. Seymour lost their starting sweeper, Nathan Drain, early in the first half, forcing them to move one of their best goal scorers to defense which really damaged their offensive attack.

About 5 minutes into the second half, Maryville gets their second goal, and I feel like Seymour knew they were beat. They started playing the man, rather than the ball, defensively and couldn't string together any passes. One played in particular really disappointed me because he began trying to do everyone else's job and not worrying enough about his own. He got frustrated, hung his head, and essentially took himself out of the game.

Maryville has some great set pieces and are deadly on throw ins and corners. A number of times the ball rolled or bounced inside the 6 with neither team touching it, fortunately for Seymour.

Good game by both teams. Seymour is extremely physical and it rattled Maryville a little bit. Maryville made some adjustments at halftime and was able to use the width of the field better in the second half. Still Maryville was overly direct and a little out of sync. Neither team possessed well. Funniest moment of the game was when Seymour's coach blatantly yelled to his team exactly where we were going with our corner kick, and he was dead on. We were in tears on the sidelines.

Good game by both sides. Good luck to Seymour...they will make noise later in the season.

I think everyone's comments till this point are pretty dead on. I thought it would have been huge if seymour could have kept it scoreless until halftime, the late goal allowed maryville to settle a bit. I think they were getting frustrated and both teams were just knocking the ball back and forth up and down the field. I thought the second goal by maryville was a nice poke 1 v 1 on keeper and 3rd goal off corner was executed perfectly. Last goal looked offsides to me, but at that point it didn't matter with only a few minutes left. Very physical game, which you come to expect when two good squads come together.

I think pitbull was on with the comment about giving up the 2nd goal for seymour. I don't think they gave up with their effort, but execution. They wanted the game bad and were looking at a tough situation. I think that the experience will be priceless in the end. That is why you play tough matches. You won't win them all, but they prepare you to win one when it counts in may (I just hope it isn't against alcoa, I'm sure everyone understands). The most unfortunate thing was the injury to #17. I noticed him come off, but got there late and didnt' see the play, I hope that it is more of a scare than anything. While I view seymour as a fierce rival, I want to see every young man finish their career on their own terms and on the pitch.

Good luck to both squads, better luck to alcoa on our match days!

I think pitbull was on with the comment about giving up the 2nd goal for seymour. I don't think they gave up with their effort, but execution. They wanted the game bad and were looking at a tough situation. You won't win them all, but they prepare you to win one when it counts in may (I just hope it isn't against alcoa, I'm sure everyone understands).

I think your assessment is spot-on. I didn't mean to insinuate that the whole team quit because, for the most part, everyone continued to hustle. The frustration definitely showed in their execution as you stated. Hopefully, with some experience, they'll come to realize that you're going to get scored on, it's the nature of the beast. It's how you keep your composure through adversity that will turn the losses to win.

The most unfortunate thing was the injury to #17. I noticed him come off, but got there late and didnt' see the play, I hope that it is more of a scare than anything.

I heard that he most likely has torn cartilage in his knee and will probably be out 6 weeks minimum. Hopefully this isn't the case. He will be in my prayers.

Funniest moment of the game was when Seymour's coach blatantly yelled to his team exactly where we were going with our corner kick, and he was dead on. We were in tears on the sidelines.

HAHA! That was some heads up coaching. They needed to figure out something, that's for sure. Your team's corners are deadly.

I think your assessment is spot-on. I didn't mean to insinuate that the whole team quit because, for the most part, everyone continued to hustle. The frustration definitely showed in their execution as you stated. Hopefully, with some experience, they'll come to realize that you're going to get scored on, it's the nature of the beast. It's how you keep your composure through adversity that will turn the losses to win.I heard that he most likely has torn cartilage in his knee and will probably be out 6 weeks minimum. Hopefully this isn't the case. He will be in my prayers.HAHA! That was some heads up coaching. They needed to figure out something, that's for sure. Your team's corners are deadly.

Report on #17 Seymour sweeper; Just in that he will see an ortho surgeon on Friday to determine the damage. Depending on MRI he could be out for a short time or 6 weeks. Let's all pray for short time, he is all heart when it comes to soccer. Watched this kid play in the fall. Good luck to Nathan and Seymour while he is recovering.

Report on #17 Seymour sweeper; Just in that he will see an ortho surgeon on Friday to determine the damage. Depending on MRI he could be out for a short time or 6 weeks. Let's all pray for short time, he is all heart when it comes to soccer. Watched this kid play in the fall. Good luck to Nathan and Seymour while he is recovering.

SO THE KID HAS NOT SEEN A DOCTOR YET. HASNT HAD AN MRI YET. AND WE KNOW IT IS A SHORT TIME OR SIX WEEKS.

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT NATHAN YET COACH HASN'T EVEN ADDRESSED THE TEAM TO LET THEM KNOW BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING YET.

I DO KNOW THE COACH IS GETTING THEM READY FOR LIFE WITHOUT NATHAN. NATHAN WAS THE DEFENSIVE LEADER ON THE TEAM HE WILL BE MISSED. ONE OF THE LOUDEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AND BEST PLAYERS ON SEYMOUR'S TEAM THIS YEAR.

SO THE KID HAS NOT SEEN A DOCTOR YET. HASNT HAD AN MRI YET. AND WE KNOW IT IS A SHORT TIME OR SIX WEEKS.

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT NATHAN YET COACH HASN'T EVEN ADDRESSED THE TEAM TO LET THEM KNOW BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING YET.

I DO KNOW THE COACH IS GETTING THEM READY FOR LIFE WITHOUT NATHAN. NATHAN WAS THE DEFENSIVE LEADER ON THE TEAM HE WILL BE MISSED. ONE OF THE LOUDEST PLAYERS ON THE FIELD AND BEST PLAYERS ON SEYMOUR'S TEAM THIS YEAR.

Not trying to upset anyone.

I think everyone is hoping for the best for Nathan. He is a junior and will have his senior year if it comes to worse case. It was just told what the outcome could be. All need to remember him in prayer.

He is one on best defensive players on the Seymour team. He is a real leader!

Remember last year when he took the red against Carter(Mark Sherrod). I still hear players talk about this play.

So guess we will know tomorrow.