district 1 sotfball

redskins1

Don't get so upset! It was never my intention to get anyone so upset. I was simply asking a question. If it scheduled before the school year begins then what are the acceptable reasons for moving such a game? I was asking to see what the GUIDELINES are.

Like I said earlier I am all for cooperation and doing what is right for the kids. If I had a child in that situation I would certainly hope that the same courtesy would be extended, whether it was changing the date or the time. I seriously doubt that Prom would be scheduled when football had a game scheduled (I know the seasons are different but you get the point) it is unfortunate that female athletes are not always afforded the same level of consideration as their male counterparts. However UC21 makes a valid point about making decisions and setting priorities.

And as for casting any kind of criticism of SG fans, nothing of the sort was intended, nor should it be construed. I merely asked the question. But since you feel the need to express how your (since you said "we") people are perceived, then I will say this: IF that is the way others feel about your "people, players, and fans" then maybe something needs to change. I will not even go there, that is up to you. Nor will I even venture my opinion of fans of certain schools, that has nothing to do with anything in this discussion.

Oh and BTW, the Elizabethton-Happy Valley District Playoff Game was moved to thursday, and I had heard that it was for a Prom.

Also my GOD does bless me, everyday in fact and far more than I could ever deserve....I sincerely hope you have a safe trip up to JC and back. Try to lighten up and enjoy the GAME rather than looking for something to get upset about.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> No harm meant, only talking about my oldest, and the schools know. What ever else happens is up to the coaches and students. Best of luck through the rest of your season.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> No harm meant, only talking about my oldest, and the schools know. What ever else happens is up to the coaches and students. Best of luck through the rest of your season.

No, I agree with what you said. sometimes hard decisions must be made. I just hate it when the female athletes are put in positions like that.

Thanks!

No, I agree with what you said. sometimes hard decisions must be made. I just hate it when the female athletes are put in positions like that.

Thanks!

i know this is the softball site but other sports are also affected by this. i know that there were tennis matches and a track meet scheduled on friday too. some chose to play and some didn't.

sad thing about this is the people that schedule the proms have no idea what sports schedules are. they just pick a day and then kids have to make hard decisions that they shouldn't hve to make. or in the good cases the coaches will get together and move the game so they can experience both. good job here by the coaches of the teams involved. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

i know this is the softball site but other sports are also affected by this. i know that there were tennis matches and a track meet scheduled on friday too. some chose to play and some didn't.

sad thing about this is the people that schedule the proms have no idea what sports schedules are. they just pick a day and then kids have to make hard decisions that they shouldn't hve to make. or in the good cases the coaches will get together and move the game so they can experience both. good job here by the coaches of the teams involved. /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

You know that is a great point, I completely forgot about the District Tennis matches.

Like I stated earlier, I have one of the 2009 TSSAA calendars that has the school year (July-June) and most of these events are on it in red. It would be nice if administrators and others who make these decisions would look at these things when making the schedules out! Again I am not pointing fingers at anyone (or any particular school / district) I am just saying this is a good example of how these things happen.

Because someone either forgot to check (or thought "we'll work this out later") alot of people had to change their scheules: South Greene had to travel a day earlier, JC had to cancel a double header with Hampton, parents and families were inconvenienced, etc.

I am glad that it got worked out, but it appears to me it never should have been an issue to begin with if someone thinks ahead. I hope this finally puts this issue to rest....

Having seen Unicoi several time this year and being behind the plate a few time with them, I have to say, if they are on, they are virually un-beatable. They have the coaches, support of the parents and community that is needed to be the best. The girls are some of the nicest young ladies you will ever meet along with their parent.

I think this will be their year!

Having seen Unicoi several time this year and being behind the plate a few time with them, I have to say, if they are on, they are virually un-beatable. They have the coaches, support of the parents and community that is needed to be the best. The girls are some of the nicest young ladies you will ever meet along with their parent.

Thank you very much !! We never get much credit for that because we do win a lot and most people look past that. I think this is the year to. Starts with Johnson County tonight.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Thank you for the confidence, The ladies will appreciate this. Kara Woods, tonight hits 399 K's for the year as a Sophomore Remarkable. Who will be # 400 tomorrow, should give them a gift certificate. Love you Lady Blue Go Deep, /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and don't let last year's third place in the State be a Flook in some peoples eye's!

Having seen Unicoi several time this year and being behind the plate a few time with them, I have to say, if they are on, they are virtually unbeatable. They have the coaches, support of the parents and community that is needed to be the best. The girls are some of the nicest young ladies you will ever meet along with their parent.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Thank you for the confidence, The ladies will appreciate this. Kara Woods, tonight hits 399 K's for the year as a Sophomore Remarkable. Who will be # 400 tomorrow, should give them a gift certificate. Love you Lady Blue Go Deep, /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> and don't let last year's third place in the State be a Flook in some peoples eye's!

PROUD OF THE LADY DEVILS I LOVE ALL THE GIRLS ,ALL THE MOMS & DAD,S AND GRANDPARENTS INCLUDING OL GROUCHY JM HA HA

ALL GIRLS ARE PLAYING THERE POSITIONS COACH GRADY,BOB AND MRS. LISA THANKS FOR BEING THERE ...AND GOD KNOWS WE AIN,T FINISHED YET....................................... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

WELL WHO WAS IT? DID YOU GET THEM ANYTHING. CAN'T BELEAVE SOMEONE WOULD PUT THIS ON HEAR. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Good job lady's and coach's on a winning season. Can not wait for next year with almost everyone back and good group of 8th grade girls coming in. Work hard during the summer and winter and it will payoff next fall. GO LONGHORNS!!!!

I agree Longhorn4 great job this season ladys and great job Dana and LISA!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WELL WHO WAS IT? DID YOU GET THEM ANYTHING. CAN'T BELEAVE SOMEONE WOULD PUT THIS ON HEAR. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

GET OVER YOURSELF/roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />