Bearden Tournament

NedNatterjack

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NED's opinion was that they might be a state championship team, if they went undefeated this weekend.

THAT DIDNT HAPPEN! That is crazy to even make such a statement with all the powerhouses in knoxville.

(the chance of ANY team going undefeated this weekend is possible, not probable)

Anyways, they have farragut tonight!

BigG,

Have you seen farragut play at all this year, and if so, what do you think will happen tonight when they play MO WEST?

Well how did the Mo West/Farragut game turn out; or was it cancelled because of the weather.

Akula was there. I hope he will add to mine...

I thought we possessed well and moved the ball. It was 0-0 at half. Fairly sloppy conditions. Not a whole lot of looks at the goal by either team. Second half, Houston's keeper made some GREAT saves! (Also made a quick reaction save in the first half, too!).

Jake Ragland scored a half volley from about 30 yards out. One of the nicer goals I have seen in a while.

Houston had a long ride today, so I don't know if that affected anything. The had a talented center mid and their sweeper played well, too.

A lot of cards (which is kind of surprising... it is wet, so guys are going to slide). I think we got 2 yellows and they had about 4. There was a hard red for Houston, that I thought wasn't deserved. Don't know why it wasn't a yellow (it was near the bench).

Well played by Houston. Good luck tomorrow with your game.

Farragut 4

Mo West 0

Don't have any details. Just the score.

details?

Well I guess i can throw out what I saw. Field was not in top shape, but both teams had to deal with it. Lots of missed touches and balls skipping or stopping, very frustrating for the players and fans. CAK dominated possesion of the ball, It looked like Houston was waiting to delay and counter. I thought that was a risk since the conditions were really poor for attacking quickly, but I can see a coach looking for the conditions to cause a mistake or mistep by a defender on a ball and a quick goal. So I guess I'm OK with that strategy. It became apparent that CAK was going to score early in the second, but the goal didn't come straight away. Lots of opportunities that were created or close to created that were just a step off or a ball just didn't bounce/stop in puddle just right. The goal was a half volley from at least 35 out. Houston did try to push the attack a little more and had a few chances to tie it up, including a dangerous set piece with about 15-20 seconds left but the houston player kicked the ball away and they couldn't get it set up before time expired. Alot of frustration over that, but if official time is kept then the scoreboard tells you how much time is left. Their is no added time in High School soccer despite popular belief. At 40:00 of each half the whistle is blown.

Good luck to both teams, I know Houston is always a powerhouse in AAA and had a long ride to play the same day. Wouldn't be surprised if their results improved over the weekend. I wouldn't want to be the next team to play Houston, hold on........Bearden, that will be an interesting matchup with styles. Sorry I'm going to miss that one.

Farragut 4

Mo West 0

Don't have any details. Just the score.

Some details: sloppy night, no real rain just off and on drizzle. Game rescheduled to Farragut H.S. and field suprisingly held up OK, slippery but not a mud bowl. Admirals pretty much controlled play the whole game with Mo West pushing it up every once in a while with no real chances. Mo West did have about 4-5 set pieces within 20-25 yrds, but couldn't capitalize. Stinton took over the middle and scored twice while Grieco pulled the trigger from about 25 yrds out semi-chipping the goalie for his first score. Later Grieco put away a PK for his 2nd. Alot of slipping which yielded alot of whistles with only one questionable yellow on Farragut; relatively clean game. Mo West did not play badly, they were just outmanned as Farragut kept pushing play.

Maryville-1

Notre Dame-1

Hard one to talk about. Notre Dame has a solid side, but Maryville had the better game. Maryville dominated possession and the game in general. 13 corners were taken for Maryville and not a single goal. Maryville hit the post twice and missed a breakaway. No need for shot total. Notre Dame scored off a very nice set piece, and Maryville scored late in the first half off of one as well. Notre Dame appears to be young, but they have a lot of fight...I also hear that not all of their starters are healthy. Their keeper was amazing tonight, and they have several forwards who can be dangerous. Best of luck to the Irish the rest of the way.

NED's opinion was that they might be a state championship team, if they went undefeated this weekend.

THAT DIDNT HAPPEN! That is crazy to even make such a statement with all the powerhouses in knoxville.

(the chance of ANY team going undefeated this weekend is possible, not probable).

soccerstud, let me clarify for you... A bunch of people have been talking about this team now for a couple of years. These guys have played together for a while, and if they are going to win, it would be this year. I never said they would win the state championship. I said that IF they were going to win state, then they must have a good showing in this tournament. A good showing means that they would beat CAK, Farragut, and Catholic. Obviously, this didn't happen.

So, do I think they should still be considered a top contender at this point? No, I don't. They didn't beat the teams they needed to beat in order to prove themself. However, I wouldn't count them out. There is still a lot of soccer to be played.

Sorry for the confusion. Best of luck.