BA @ Briarcrest

Guest ChiefSmackahoe

BCS has a beautiful facility, best in shelby county and probably west TN...they have also had two weeks to prepare...normally thats a bright spot, but when you are playing BA, two months might not be enough.

It is worth noting that David Holbert the big BA runningback suffered a concussion last week, so who knows if he can play.

BA 45

Briarcrest 8

All respect to Briarcrest...they have a strong D2-AA team and I think they will have another successful season. That being said, however, they don't stand much of a chance tonight. BA will win for a couple reasons:

1)Frustration. Last week HURT. They are ready to get back on painted grass and hit somebody. And that's what they will do.

2)Quickness. The Saints do not possess the quickness necessary to get the job done against the lightning-fast Eagles.

3)BA's Developed Running Game. I do not know whether or not Holbert will play, but his injury allowed Darren Mustin to come into the game and do some damage last week. With his experience helping the Eagles, they shouldn't even have to throw a pass (but they will).

Brentwood Academy has more talent in general. Best of luck to both teams, but I don't see this one being too close.

Posted by WesVols:

Almost got it right!

Prediction: BA 45, Briarcrest 8

Actual: BA 42, Briarcrest 7

If you were at the game, tell me about it. I was not, but I received updates every quarter.

This was a very onesided contest. BA's starters were out early in the 3rd quarter. Both offense and Defense looked great. First string defense held Briarcrest scoreless. Tyler Griffin had a night for the scrapbook with a kickoff returned for a touchdown and two interceptions. Runningbacks and passing game looked wellbalanced and awesome. Offensive line blew open some big holes. Adcock had a very nice night. Nice tune up for a bigger challenge next week.

Texson, thanks for the response. Sounds like it wasn't exactly a barnburner (what 42-7 game IS?). I agree, this was definitely a good tuneup for a bigger and better team in MUS, who I don't know much about (see "MUS" thread), but they seem to be good judging from the teams they've beaten and the margins by which they won (21 vs. Jackson Prep, MS and 24 vs. Harding Academy).

Furthermore, that was a long sentence.

Any Briarcrest players/fans? What were your impressions of the game? What lies in store for you guys? Best wishes to you as you continue your season. Do some damage in D2-AA.