Nashville Celtics

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No clue, but thier 15's are coached by Blackwell, and his son plays on the team. Lot of kids from last year off that team are trying to find somewhere else to play. That team will probably look strong on paper, but will fall apart before July. They usually do.

No clue, but thier 15's are coached by Blackwell, and his son plays on the team. Lot of kids from last year off that team are trying to find somewhere else to play. That team will probably look strong on paper, but will fall apart before July. They usually do.

Joke. "Faiths" you have 9 total post on this site and they all bash the Celts. Why? Just state your cause. As to your point that all the Celtic teams breakup in July... Huh? The 15,16 and 17's have always played with full teams in July. Name who started with those teams last year but didn't finish? I contend that "faiths" won't answer with names because his agenda isn't supported by facts. The Celts are tough on paper this year, true. As are the Travs, SE Elite-Nashville and Mid State as well as others. Truth is, the Celtic program is fairly young and is learning to get better at every facet of travel team basketball. The Celtic Nation will put fourth its very best.

Well--I'm still wondering who is on the team. Can anyone confirm is the big guy named "David" who played with the travelers playing with the Celts. The celtics web page has not been updated. anyone seen a 2009 schedule? Are they playing at the Boro in April 4?

The Travelers didn't have anybody named David on our 14's, and that entire team plus a couple of additions are back. Of the two that aren't back, one is injured and can't play this spring and the other is playing 14's (he was playing up last year).

The David reference may be to David Howard. I think he played with the Tigers last year. We did not lose anyone to the Celtics.

Well--I'm still wondering who is on the team. Can anyone confirm is the big guy named "David" who played with the travelers playing with the Celts. The celtics web page has not been updated. anyone seen a 2009 schedule? Are they playing at the Boro in April 4?

You started out talking about the total Celtic system I think. Now I believe you have centered on the 15U team. David Howard is on that team. No area travel team has published their roster due to lack of practices. As far as I know the 15U's are playing at Riverdale Classic.

Where can I find information on the Riverdale Classic Tournament. Who's playing in it ETC.

You can go to Riverdale High School basketball website or call Coach Burks. The Celtic 15U team will use this event as a tune up for "Real Deal". They will more than likely play up in 17U Div. The feature team will more than likely be SE Elite-Team Nashville featuring Emmanuel Andrews, Robert Wade and Tereas Clemmons. It's a nice local event.

CELTIC 15U RIVERDALE ROSTER (AS I KNOW IT)

DAVID HOWARD 6'7" MBA

ELIOT WATTS 6'8" MBA

DANIEL ROSS 6'5" LOUISVILLE KY (JEFFERSONTOWN)

LEMON GREGORY 6'8" MUHLENBERG KY (NORTH)

WINGS:

TY MARTIN 6'4" BAYLOR

VARI CRAIG 6'6" RIVERDALE

JOHN ROSS GLOVER 6'4" UNIVERSITY JACKSON

JARVIS WEBSTER 6'4" COLUMBIA CENTRAL

GUARDS:

MARCELOUS ODEN 5'9" RIVERDALE

CORN ELDER 5'10" CENTRAL MIDDLE (2013) / ENSWORTH

AUSTIN BLACKWELL 6'2" MBA

DESMOND DORSEY 6'2" LOUISVILLE KY (JEFFERSONTOWN)

1ST QUARTER SCHEDULE:

RIVERDALE HOOPS CLASSIC M'BORO, TN RIVERDALE HIGH SCHOOL BBALL WEBSITE

REAL DEAL IN THE ROCK LITTLE ROCK,AR WWW.REALDEALINTHEROCK.COM

STRINGMUSIC SHOWCASE (CELTICS EVENT) NASHVILLE,TN WWW.STRINGMUSICSHOWCASE.COM

WALLACE PRATHER CLASSIC ATLANTA,GA WWW.ATLANTACELTICS.COM

HOPE THIS HELPS...

mrob, I was told that Fred Yarbrough from Dyer Co. (Class of 2013) was going to playing with the Celtics this summer, is that right or wrong?

GC, Fred chose to play with Memphis Select as well as DC teammate John Hudson. They both will fill it up where ever they go. Memphis Select will be very happy and I wish them both well. They are 2012's by the way.

Mrob thanks for the info please keep posting about the Celtics.

Do you know when they will post the Riverdale classic brackets for this weekend.

Also I saw on the Select Web site announcing their tryouts and he was charging $5 registration fee to tryout. That guy does not miss a trick. He also likes himself on video a Lot!