7-AA

tigersfan10

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb beat LA 11-8. Sort of a sloppy game for DeKalb they had just crushed them twice in two games before the tournament about a week ago. But its still a win.

Sloppy game for Dekalb? LA issued 8 walks and also hit 5 Dekalb Co. hitters. LA had 10 hits to DC's 6. Home plate ump was tight on both sides but a little tighter on LA IMO. In the first 3 innings LA was hammering the ball. The last DC pitcher did a good job of shutting LA down.

District 7-AA

Thursday: Cannon Co. 14, Smith Co. 13; Macon Co. 8, York 7; DeKalb Co. 11, Livingston Acad. 8

At Upperman

Monday: Macon Co. vs. DeKalb Co., 4:30 p.m.; Cannon Co. vs. Upperman, 7 p.m.

Tuesday: Macon Co.-DeKalb Co. loser vs. Cannon Co.-Upperman loser, 4:30 p.m.; Macon Co.-DeKalb Co. winner vs. Cannon Co.-Upperman winner, 7 p.m.

Looks like close games everywhere!

Sloppy game for Dekalb? LA issued 8 walks and also hit 5 Dekalb Co. hitters. LA had 10 hits to DC's 6. Home plate ump was tight on both sides but a little tighter on LA IMO. In the first 3 innings LA was hammering the ball. The last DC pitcher did a good job of shutting LA down.

dekalb had a sloppy game too...6 hits? they usually get double digit hits a game. i agree it was sloppy on both sides and personally i think the umpire called the game very well. he called it tight on both sides.

i think this is how all finished in reg season

1.upperman

2. macon county

3 dekalk county

4.cannon county

5.smith county

6. livingston

7. york

best i can tell

this district looks very weak. the opposing regions #6 seed pounded #2 macon county this year in a scrimmage 11-4. it was not even close. upperman has a shot to be the #2 seed of district 8aa, but the rest of the district is very weak.

this district looks very weak. the opposing regions #6 seed pounded #2 macon county this year in a scrimmage 11-4. it was not even close. upperman has a shot to be the #2 seed of district 8aa, but the rest of the district is very weak.

Wow its spring its a scrimmage basketball players probable weren't there you never know. By the way who is 8aa number 6 team?

Looks like the boys made the right choice. I bet they had a better time with their girlfriends than having to listen to a half-wit and losing game after game. York finishes last in the district with a 2-10 district record. Maybe York could have done a little better if they them boys and their girlfriends on the team. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Just to set the record straight...Losing their short stop did hurt them because they had to pull an outfielder in to play short. It didn't hurt losing the other one, and yeah they both missed games and practices because they were too busy with their girl friends. I sure don't agree with everything the coach did, but you can't let players play if they don't do what they are supposed to do. The night YAI lost to Upperman, Stockton pitched a hecka of a game for York. If the other seniors had been there to get some hits, it might have been even more interesting. But good luck to Upperman throughout the tourney. Oh, and the York/ Macon game was a great game. Stockton pitched well, and Jones helped put up some big runs for the Dragons. Too bad for York they couldn't put things together sooner.

Just to set the record straight...Losing their short stop did hurt them because they had to pull an outfielder in to play short. It didn't hurt losing the other one, and yeah they both missed games and practices because they were too busy with their girl friends. I sure don't agree with everything the coach did, but you can't let players play if they don't do what they are supposed to do. The night YAI lost to Upperman, Stockton pitched a hecka of a game for York. If the other seniors had been there to get some hits, it might have been even more interesting. But good luck to Upperman throughout the tourney. Oh, and the York/ Macon game was a great game. Stockton pitched well, and Jones helped put up some big runs for the Dragons. Too bad for York they couldn't put things together sooner.

I agree, but what games and practices the shortstop miss because of his girlfriend? From what i hear he didn't go on a out-of-state trip with the team.

macon 8 york 7 anyone got details sounds like a close game

I heard that Stockton pitched well for York, and that dakota Jones hit the ball extremely well. They had too good of a team to only win 2 games this year. they lose some key seniors. Future looks bleak for the Dragons. They lose stockton, norman, jones, Gibson, slaven, stephens, Vanwormer, and Wilson. that's 3 of the best pitchers, their middle infield, 3b, and their leader Jones-1b-leadoff hitter. good luck to Coach Patton. Going back to Fla. next year???

Losing both players hurt the York team. I have watched all of these boys play ball their entire life in my opinion and their previous coaches opinions these were the best 2 middle infielders York had. The kid they put in at 2nd base is a very good player but he hasn't developed the range the other one had yet but I'am sure he will. First of all this all started over the trip to Fla. It wasn't a mandatory trip and only the upper classmen were suppose to go. more on that in a minute. The day before their first game a player told the coach that the 2nd baseman left practice early so the coach benched him for the first game of a double header. Why wasn't the coach at practice? He puts a freshman in at 2nd base. The next game he sticks the 2nd baseman in right field and leaves the freshman in at 2nd. Wouldn't this make you mad. The day he quit the coach tells the rest of the team that he really didn't consider him as part of the team. If the coach had thought that shouldn't he have been trying to find out what was wrong. The short stop decided not to go on the trip to Fla and was suspended for 2 games. When his suspension was up the coach told him he was starting in the out field. That made him mad and he quit. The trip to Fla was only to be upper classmen. The coach decided to take 1 freshman. The rest of the freshmen didn't get to go. What does that tell the rest of the upper classmen what their coach thinks of them. There is some talented boys on that bench. This is info I have been told from the boys involved not heresay. This team sould have been alot better than it was. But their is no desire there.

Losing both players hurt the York team. I have watched all of these boys play ball their entire life in my opinion and their previous coaches opinions these were the best 2 middle infielders York had. The kid they put in at 2nd base is a very good player but he hasn't developed the range the other one had yet but I'am sure he will. First of all this all started over the trip to Fla. It wasn't a mandatory trip and only the upper classmen were suppose to go. more on that in a minute. The day before their first game a player told the coach that the 2nd baseman left practice early so the coach benched him for the first game of a double header. Why wasn't the coach at practice? He puts a freshman in at 2nd base. The next game he sticks the 2nd baseman in right field and leaves the freshman in at 2nd. Wouldn't this make you mad. The day he quit the coach tells the rest of the team that he really didn't consider him as part of the team. If the coach had thought that shouldn't he have been trying to find out what was wrong. The short stop decided not to go on the trip to Fla and was suspended for 2 games. When his suspension was up the coach told him he was starting in the out field. That made him mad and he quit. The trip to Fla was only to be upper classmen. The coach decided to take 1 freshman. The rest of the freshmen didn't get to go. What does that tell the rest of the upper classmen what their coach thinks of them. There is some talented boys on that bench. This is info I have been told from the boys involved not heresay. This team sould have been alot better than it was. But their is no desire there.

I don't understand how a trip that the "team" is taking is not mandatory. Do players just get to pick and choose which games they want to go to? It was supposed to help them bond and get better as a team. The freshmen that went became the starting second baseman when Stephens quit, so it seems to me that you would want all of your starters to go. The reason Norman was told he might be needed in the outfield was because York desperately needed a good outfielder and that he had a good arm. I'm not saying I agree, because he is an awfully good short, I'm only telling what I know was said. Oh, well, doesn't matter now. I wish all of the seniors the best of luck, and hope the team can do better next year.

I don't understand how a trip that the "team" is taking is not mandatory. Do players just get to pick and choose which games they want to go to? It was supposed to help them bond and get better as a team. The freshmen that went became the starting second baseman when Stephens quit, so it seems to me that you would want all of your starters to go. The reason Norman was told he might be needed in the outfield was because York desperately needed a good outfielder and that he had a good arm. I'm not saying I agree, because he is an awfully good short, I'm only telling what I know was said. Oh, well, doesn't matter now. I wish all of the seniors the best of luck, and hope the team can do better next year.

A player should have to go to games it is his obligation as a member of the team, but a trip to Florida come on. So let's say a kid is not financialy able to attend games that are in completely different states, is it fair to punish the kid for not having money. If the school payed for everything involved in the trip including food there would be no problem, but apparently this was not the case. As for the coach not at practice what is up with that do the boys up at York just coach themselves or what. Seems that way since the Stephens boy got set on the bench because another play told on him for leaving practice early. If the Norman kid had a great arm why put him in the outfield? Are more balls not hit to short than most other positions, therefore ya need a pretty good arm at short right? I really don't understand this either. Things are getting crazy up at York. Let's see they are getting a new football coach this year. 3 boys basketball coaches in past 3 years, and i hear the one from 2 years ago is going to coach the upcoming season. 2 girl basketball coaches in past 3 years. 3 baseball coaches in past three years. 3 softball coaches in past 3 years. Past three years seem rough! lol Something has got to be going on up there?