Official Dekalb Co. 09 football schedule

TigerPride23

Antwan, I agree....the game will be interesting. The Defense at Oneida has been everything it has been made out to be....you can look in the past seasons and know this isn't a bogus claim. You will see bigger units and possibly stronger units, but you will not find too many units that are as tough and relentless in their pursuit of the football.....plus the coach (Lambert) usually has them in the right place to make plays! Oneida got muscled one possession last week and it costed them the ball game, but if they make improvement from last week to this one, DCHS will have their hands full.

One factor you have left out, Oneida's O isn't as bad as you might think. They had scoring drives stopped by penalty, fumble,and interception.....as well as their last one by loss of downs. GP just managed to hang on, even their coach made as much as that statement after the game. The OC is very good and creative.....if DC has any holes, he will find them. Our young line is gelling.....and by the looks of the second half of the last game, they are quick learners. (our offense dominated the 2nd half stats) With the loss of numerous quality linemen off of last years team, we should expect some growing pains among the new pups. But they are coming on quickly....so..... Food for thought!

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Antwan, I agree....the game will be interesting. The Defense at Oneida has been everything it has been made out to be....you can look in the past seasons and know this isn't a bogus claim. You will see bigger units and possibly stronger units, but you will not find too many units that are as tough and relentless in their pursuit of the football.....plus the coach (Lambert) usually has them in the right place to make plays! Oneida got muscled one possession last week and it costed them the ball game, but if they make improvement from last week to this one, DCHS will have their hands full.

One factor you have left out, Oneida's O isn't as bad as you might think. They had scoring drives stopped by penalty, fumble,and interception.....as well as their last one by loss of downs. GP just managed to hang on, even their coach made as much as that statement after the game. The OC is very good and creative.....if DC has any holes, he will find them. Our young line is gelling.....and by the looks of the second half of the last game, they are quick learners. (our offense dominated the 2nd half stats) With the loss of numerous quality linemen off of last years team, we should expect some growing pains among the new pups. But they are coming on quickly....so..... Food for thought!

If your offense is fumbling throwing interceptions and having penalties then thats usually the signs of not a very good offense. But if DeKalb's Defense plays as bad as it did last week you will have a good chance at fixing all of though mistakes. But i am going to have to take Dekalb in this one by two touchdowns. Good Luck to both teams though

Interesting game...I would think Oneida has a pretty good defense. How many points can DC score?

Will not hold DeKalb under 21. Ill bet the house on that prediction, barring any injuries. Would not surprise me if we made it to 28 or even 35. We have two players back, and I know Oneida has a good defense but DeKalb makes you prepare for something you dont normally see. But then theres the other side of the coin, how much are we going to give up?

There were two records broke in last weeks game. The most total points scored in a game at Warren Co. Nunley Stadium. Also the most points scored by a DeKalb Co. team in a loss. The previous was 35 to White House, last year.

Interesting game...I would think Oneida has a pretty good defense. How many points can DC score?

Will not hold DeKalb under 21. Ill bet the house on that prediction, barring any injuries. Would not surprise me if we made it to 28 or even 35. We have two players back, and I know Oneida has a good defense but DeKalb makes you prepare for something you dont normally see. But then theres the other side of the coin, how much are we going to give up?

There were two records broke in last weeks game. The most total points scored in a game at Warren Co. Nunley Stadium. Also the most points scored by a DeKalb Co. team in a loss. The previous was 35 to White House, last year.

SC beat DC 42-36 in 1992.

D1 i know you know a lot about DC i was wondering how many passing yards poteete had his freshman sophomore and junior year.. i think he had 1,646 sophomore year but im not sure about freshman and junior year

Freshman Year; See note below

Sophmore Year 07'; (1,646 yards) Poteete had 1,646 yards on 206 attempts. He completed 114 passes for an average of 14.4 yards per completion, with a 55.3 completion percentage.

Junior Year 08'; (2,775 Yards) Poteete completed 177-of-320 attempts for 2,775 yards with 37 touchdowns. He carried the ball 202 times for 892 yards with 9 touchdowns.

Scout.com had his Career stats (prior to '09 season)as this: 4,680 yards passing and 49 touchdowns; rushing 1,370 yards and 14 touchdowns. So you can do some adding and subtracting to get his Freshman numbers.

I'm going to step up to the plate here and go out on a limb. My prediction is

DC - 35 - Oneida 21

Poteete - 350 Passing Yards, 4TDs and 85 Rushing Yards, 1 TD (He wont get 100 rushing since our key RB is due back.)

Good luck Oneida, let's just pray for NO INJURIES!

I like the score jud, dont think we will win by 2 td's. Im going DC - 28 - Oneida 24. Going to be a close one.

Dang Boys, this economy has me running all over East TN. Won't get to see this game. Really good posts on here. Ya'll are as good as TC (well, maybe not as funny!)

Oneida played a really accurate, fast QB last year (Vanskiver from GB). Hope that pays off. This will be a tall order for the Indians. I think your gonna see a lot of personell tonight! Get after em Indians! Prayers for a safe game and safe trip for all the tribe.