Oakland High School

MidTennFootball

I would first like to respond by saying your referring to me as stupid only confirms your lack of knowledge. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you in person if this would help you with your assessment of my character. Now for this pursuing accusation, I was told by an inside source that it was in fact Thomas who did the pursuing. Keep in mind it was Thomas who coach King sent home after the Regional Finals. Now I don't have a dog in the hunt, and I could care less who gets the job, but please refrain from character assisination comments.

I referred to your comments as stupid and immature, not you. Big difference. I'm glad you think I have a lack of knowledge, but you're certainly wrong on that, too. You have no idea how close I am to the situation.

Thomas did not do the pursuing. He was asked to interview and he did, and he looked into it. Who in the world is telling you these things? They are 100% wrong.

Your cheap shot towards Thomas is again wrong. King won the regional final, but Thomas wasn't sent home. Both teams advanced to the sectional and both were eliminated there.

That's 4 factually wrong statements in your post. I don't know what you have against Thomas, but all your falsehoods and cheap shots come across really bad on here.

It's pretty simple anyway. Oakland is searching for a basketball coach. Thomas was one of their top choices. He decided to take his name out and not accept the position to stay at Shelbyville.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with this post. I think that Oakland will find someone who will fit their profile. There is only one Randy King. The thing that makes the job challenging, is unlike Siegel, Oakland has a deep basketball history. This dates back to Dickie Thomas.

yeah unlike siegel....the only problem is that siegel has only been open for 6 yet been to 3 state tourneys and posted 4 20+ win seasons. nice attempt at taking a shot at siegel dummy.

and talkabout a challenge...siegel will be playing oak hill, raleigh-egypt, and white station next year. just to name a few. but hey lets get off the subject of siegel and talk about what the thread is supposed to be about...oakland finding a coach.

Knowing Thomas as a rival, he's not the sort. I would find some different sources given some of the information you have posted as of late, no slam on you, Im just saying.

i dont agree with teh look at me statement, but it is infact true that neither thomas OR green were ever offered the job. they were called back for a second interview but again...NEITHER WAS OFFERED THE JOB.

i dont agree with teh look at me statement, but it is infact true that neither thomas OR green were ever offered the job. they were called back for a second interview but again...NEITHER WAS OFFERED THE JOB.

I believe that Coach Thomas was quoted that he was informed (through Oakland sources) that he was going to be offer the job....and that's when he and his wife discussed the issue and decided to stay in Shelbyville!

I think I also heard that the Oakland principal contacted Shelbyville's principal and told him that he was going to offer Thomas the job...but that's just hear say.

I did not personally hear that conversation!

I believe that Coach Thomas was quoted that he was informed (through Oakland sources) that he was going to be offer the job....and that's when he and his wife discussed the issue and decided to stay in Shelbyville!

I think I also heard that the Oakland principal contacted Shelbyville's principal and told him that he was going to offer Thomas the job...but that's just hear say.

so when you decide to interview and pursue a job, you dont talk it over with your spouse until the job is offered to you???

trust me i know...thomas was never offered the job nor was green!!! thats just the facts. i respect thomas and i believe he is a very good coach and oakland missed out on a good one, but facts are facts and he was never offered the job.

I wasnt talking about you, youve pretty much been dead on thru this entire thing, so I apologize for any misunderstanding. KT may have not been officially offered the job, but I think it is safe to say that it was his for the taking should he want it.

I wasnt talking about you, youve pretty much been dead on thru this entire thing, so I apologize for any misunderstanding. KT may have not been officially offered the job, but I think it is safe to say that it was his for the taking should he want it.

so was the job his before or after it was green's?

I referred to your comments as stupid and immature, not you. Big difference. I'm glad you think I have a lack of knowledge, but you're certainly wrong on that, too. You have no idea how close I am to the situation.

Thomas did not do the pursuing. He was asked to interview and he did, and he looked into it. Who in the world is telling you these things? They are 100% wrong.

Your cheap shot towards Thomas is again wrong. King won the regional final, but Thomas wasn't sent home. Both teams advanced to the sectional and both were eliminated there.

That's 4 factually wrong statements in your post. I don't know what you have against Thomas, but all your falsehoods and cheap shots come across really bad on here.

It's pretty simple anyway. Oakland is searching for a basketball coach. Thomas was one of their top choices. He decided to take his name out and not accept the position to stay at Shelbyville.

I do not know Thomas, and all that you say mabe true. I was simply stating that what good is it to tell the paper that you turned a job down. It sounded to me that he allowed his ego to get the best of him. You will notice that I did not use the words stupid, immature, or anything that would be considered malicious. I apologize for upsetting you. Perhaps you have a man crush on Thomas.

so was the job his before or after it was green's?

At this point, it really doesn't matter.

I'm sure the more serious Oakland got with KT and talked more details, then he talked it over with his family.

The cake may look pretty on the outside, but dig into it and it might not be all people see from the outside.

yeah unlike siegel....the only problem is that siegel has only been open for 6 yet been to 3 state tourneys and posted 4 20+ win seasons. nice attempt at taking a shot at siegel dummy.

and talkabout a challenge...siegel will be playing oak hill, raleigh-egypt, and white station next year. just to name a few. but hey lets get off the subject of siegel and talk about what the thread is supposed to be about...oakland finding a coach.

Just who do you think you are calling dummy? Siegel better worry about beating teams when it counts, and let everything else take care of itself. When you guys actually win a championship in a major sport, you can brag. Try getting out of the Regional.