shotputt

oppressed238

• 2 weeks later...

typically, anything over 50 feet would be competitive @ state. Upper 40's (47+) would probably get you to state in most regions.

You may need to be over 50 feet this year to make it to state if you??™re in the same region as Brentwood (In Kennwood). They (Brentwood HS) have 3 kids over 50 feet this year. One of them will go 53 or 54. (10 grade) That leaves 1 spot out there to fight for:

Lebanon has a 48-49 footer

Lavergne has a 46-47 footer

Oakland has a 45-46 footer

I haven't seen much more then that out there. Doesn??™t mean more good throwers aren??™t out there. Who know with the Track coverage in the area? I don't know what they have in the Mount Juliet, WC, Beech, Hendersonville, Gallatin areas. I did see Beech and Hendersonville early this year and Beech didn't have much and Hendersonville didn't have much in the shot but did have a 130 discus thrower. Not sure if 130 make it out in the discus, I'd say no but I guess thats another topic.

I'm going to the invite up at Austin Peay this weekend. I let you know what I see.

You may need to be over 50 feet this year to make it to state if you??™re in the same region as Brentwood (In Kennwood). They (Brentwood HS) have 3 kids over 50 feet this year. One of them will go 53 or 54. (10 grade) That leaves 1 spot out there to fight for:

Really? What meets?

Highland Games @ FRA and the Scott Hartman meet @ Brentwood. 2 of the BHS kids went over 50 in both the meets. The 10 grader is hurt but should be back this week to get some marks in before Districts. He should go over 53 if he's 100% over from injury.

Yeah...I saw the two BHS kids listed over 50 in the paper this week. That's really good. Did they get a new throwing coach? They have never been very good in the past.

Yeah...I saw the two BHS kids listed over 50 in the paper this week. That's really good. Did they get a new throwing coach? They have never been very good in the past.

They now have 3 throwers over 50.Wade (10th grade) went 50.1 in shot and 144.6 discus at the Doug Hall relay

I do know that the other 2 throwers must have hit a wall and regressed. They went 44 and 41. That??™s a pretty big drop off but good for Wade. Let??™s hope he stays healthy and can trained hard for state and give it a run. He's got it in him but he's got to remember he's a soph. and he can't risk it if he's not ready. His dad is the throwers coach so I think he'll be smart about it.

As far as the new throwers coach question>>>>>not that I know of.

They now have 3 throwers over 50.Wade (10th grade) went 50.1 in shot and 144.6 discus at the Doug Hall relay

I do know that the other 2 throwers must have hit a wall and regressed. They went 44 and 41. That??™s a pretty big drop off but good for Wade. Let??™s hope he stays healthy and can trained hard for state and give it a run. He's got it in him but he's got to remember he's a soph. and he can't risk it if he's not ready. His dad is the throwers coach so I think he'll be smart about it.

As far as the new throwers coach question>>>>>not that I know of.

The BHS shot putter with the best distance so far this year did not throw at Doug Hall. The other 50+ thrower had a bad day. The 41+ footer from DH Relays is the #4 thrower (10th grader) and he threw the discus 128'. Wade (10th grade) threw for the first time since returning from an injury. 50'1.5" shot, 144'4" discus.

• 3 weeks later...

At Walker Valley Thursday

Paul Hunter from Walker Valley threw 53 feet to upset Jacquez Smith who threw 51 feet. Jacquez in this area is considered to be favored to win state by many.

No upsets in the sectionals Jacques threw the shot 51.11 to win Hunter didn't break 50. Smith threw the disc 152.07 WOWWWWWW

No upsets in the sectionals Jacques threw the shot 51.11 to win Hunter didn't break 50. Smith threw the disc 152.07 WOWWWWWW

Don't mean to correct you but I will. Mr. Smith threw 54'7 in the shot and Mr. Hunter threw 51'00 in the Shot. Then in the Discus Smith threw 169'1 and Hunter threw 134'6.

I thought the young men deserved to have correct marks posted.

Good luck at state.

It should be a good one. Look out for Mr. Wade at Brentwood to give Mr. Smith all he wants in the Discus. (Just a hunch.)

I think Smith wins the shot unless he throws really badly. If he dose, there will be a few Brentwood boy waiting to pounce.

Cant wait till Friday.