$$$ For Video

Strkr9

never read anywhere about how much better seymour is this year. only where the kid who scored the game winner in this great game was orginally from. i thought it was an interesting fact. maybe you should relize that there is good soccer being played outside of west knoxville. it's strange to hear how a eastside kid could have an effect in the ultimate west knox match up in a big time game..... Weezy no need for rude remarks and take your own advice, if you don't like what was posted about this subject then just move on and bit your tounge or else you just look really immature.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you let catboy have it a couple weeks ago when he did the samething i just did, and you said something like "the beauty of these boards is that if you see a topic you dont want to read you dont have to read about." True statement there, catboy may have not liked the "Seymour-Berean" topic but thats too bad for him because he should see the title and not open it up, but this topic is for people who want the film of a great game between to great teams, not for people to be reminded for the 64th time how much better seymour is this year than they were in the past.

Weezy, I'm so glad to read that you're a fan of my posts. Maybe I'll start my own blog and you can be the first member! Exciting, I know! Look, I made a comment directly related to this game to end all games thread. If my one sentence post took so much time from your life that you were unable to enjoy the rest of your day without thinking about that self-absorbed poster from Seymour constantly talking about the soccer program he supports, I apologize. At no point did I say anything off topic whatsoever. I gave you a tidbit of information that you may or may not have known beforehand. Take it for what it's worth. If you were truly a soccer fan, you would be as excited as I am that the sport's popularity is taking roots in areas other than those traditionally known as powerhouses. Good luck with your narrow-minded approach to life. I hope that works out for you. If your and catboy's budding friendship doesn't blossom, I suggest you associate yourself with someone that embraces soccer as a sport that is open to everyone to play and discuss no matter their geographical placement.

UCsoccer, I couldn't agree more with your post. Thank you for your comments.

Relax, my Carson Newman friend. I have learned that you need to let a lot of these things roll off your back. You are too classy of a guy to start throwing verbal jabs. While it has gotten you upset, choose your battles and let the other ones fly. Anything related to Seymour is going to draw ire on these boards right now. Just let it cool off.

Just my advice. Do with it what you will. BUT, BECOME A PLUS MEMBER!!!!

Back to the topic... I'll try and see if Coach Culbreth has a copy and get back to you. I would like to watch it, too. I was getting minute by minute texts on the game, but was on the bus home while it was being played. Sure sounded AWESOME!

Relax, my Carson Newman friend. I have learned that you need to let a lot of these things roll off your back. You are too classy of a guy to start throwing verbal jabs. While it has gotten you upset, choose your battles and let the other ones fly. Anything related to Seymour is going to draw ire on these boards right now. Just let it cool off.

Back to the topic... I'll try and see if Coach Culbreth has a copy and get back to you. I would like to watch it, too. I was getting minute by minute texts on the game, but was on the bus home while it was being played. Sure sounded AWESOME!

My apologies, G. I hear what you're saying and will take heed. I suppose that my strong connection to the program makes me feel a sense of responsibility to take up for it, almost like a big brother type thing. I really have bitten my tongue on numerous occasions as in my younger years I was quite the talker and had an explosive temper. It lead to plenty of cards lol. As I've grown, I feel that I've matured in a number of ways but my emotional side can still become somewhat overpowering I suppose. For me, I sometimes revert and the competitiveness takes hold, and I might occasionally take things too far. On this board I try and keep it as sportsmanlike as possible, but I do make mistakes at times. I handled the situation in question as respectfully as I was willing to at the time. I give you my word, however, that I will take your advice to heart and try to thicken my shell.

Ha ha! We've ALL typed and re-typed our posts MANY times. It's one of the things that aggravates my wife so much about Coach T. "Why does it take so long for you to post?!" Oh, darling, you have no idea!!!!

Now, BECOME A PLUS MEMBER!

I knew I had forgotten to address something in my last post. I will definitely become a plus member. So paypal and check by mail are the only ways to pay? I went to join a week or two ago and was unsuccessful when there was no direct payment method online. I have a paypal account but it's been so long since I've used it that it might take a while to reconfigure lol. Posting has been a savior for me as far as a filter goes. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Edit-Also, I hate to hear that CAK got rid of Coach Darden. He and my dad are good friends, and I had the pleasure of speaking with him on numerous occasions. He's a great coach as well as a person, and I wish him success in his future endeavors! I know, I know, that would be a good Plus Member topic of conversation. HAHA

Weezy, I'm so glad to read that you're a fan of my posts. Maybe I'll start my own blog and you can be the first member! Exciting, I know! Look, I made a comment directly related to this game to end all games thread. If my one sentence post took so much time from your life that you were unable to enjoy the rest of your day without thinking about that self-absorbed poster from Seymour constantly talking about the soccer program he supports, I apologize. At no point did I say anything off topic whatsoever. I gave you a tidbit of information that you may or may not have known beforehand. Take it for what it's worth. If you were truly a soccer fan, you would be as excited as I am that the sport's popularity is taking roots in areas other than those traditionally known as powerhouses. Good luck with your narrow-minded approach to life. I hope that works out for you. If your and catboy's budding friendship doesn't blossom, I suggest you associate yourself with someone that embraces soccer as a sport that is open to everyone to play and discuss no matter their geographical placement.

UCsoccer, I couldn't agree more with your post. Thank you for your comments.

You are a funny guy.

Big G .....I can't believe you have not watched this game. I hope you pay close attention to the 2nd goal scored by Bearden. It was called back due to off-sides. ?? I would like your opinion on HOW this could be possible? It would have made the score 2-0 in the early part of the 1st half. Also, check out the goal that tied the score at 4-4, a beautiful header from Robert Fisher ( a kid I had the pleasure of coaching for a few years.) It was one of my proudest moments and I got a great picture while standing right next to the side lines. The only part that stunk was that it happened against my own son, who was the center defender for Bearden! Still, one of the most exciting games I have had the pleasure to attend!!

Big G .....I can't believe you have not watched this game. I hope you pay close attention to the 2nd goal scored by Bearden. It was called back due to off-sides. ?? I would like your opinion on HOW this could be possible? It would have made the score 2-0 in the early part of the 1st half. Also, check out the goal that tied the score at 4-4, a beautiful header from Robert Fisher ( a kid I had the pleasure of coaching for a few years.) It was one of my proudest moments and I got a great picture while standing right next to the side lines. The only part that stunk was that it happened against my own son, who was the center defender for Bearden! Still, one of the most exciting games I have had the pleasure to attend!!

Robert Fisher's goal actuallly put Farragut up either 3-2 or 4-2, I think. Bearden had a heel kick tie the score at 4. I dunno, it was a while ago, maybe my memories are off? I dunno. Fisher's goal was the 2nd best goal of the game IMO. Wasn't he on a full sprint when he headed it? Simply perfect. The Bearden keeper could only watch as it went over his head and hit the underside of the crossbar and bounce into the net.. awesome.

I'll check when I get home, I still have the newspaper from the next day..