Question? did AC get a new Coach.

Ok i was planning on sending my son to Anderson County this year from what i understand

they have hired a New Coach that coached under Coach Kerr a while back.

The only thing i cant figure out is they say the new coach only played 1 year of JV football

and like 2 weeks of spring practice at cumberland college.

I know you dont have to be a great player to coach but my question is

how can he tell young boys to work hard in July heat when he didnt

him self. this seems like a ethic issue.

Any way maybe it will work out. i just dont know if i want my son busting his butt

for a guy that never did.

I know AC will miss Coach Larry Kerr and i wish him well he was a

great coach wish he had stayed 4 more years i would of brought my

son to AC.

Ok i was planning on sending my son to Anderson County this year from what i understand

The only thing i cant figure out is they say the new coach only played 1 year of JV football

Any way maybe it will work out. i just dont know if i want my son busting his butt

son to AC.

Might want to check your facts about the "new" coaches pedigree. AC did hire Tony Lambert to replace coach Kerr after he reitred recently. Coach Lambert is a GREAT coach & an EVEN BETTER man. He knows X's & O's & how to teach them but more importantly he knows RIGHT & WRONG & how to teach that as well. He was on the AC staff for about 8 years prior to coaching @ Oneida for 4 (2 as DC & last 2 as HC) finishing 13 & 1 the last season & winning 19 of his last 22 games. He will be a TREMENDOUS addition to an already solid coaching staff @ AC.

As far as his work ethics & "busting his butt" as you put it that is not an issue. He has been there & will continue to be there doing just that, if you plan on trying to keep up with him . . . well lets just say bring a lunch & plenty of water. If your son has the chance to play under TL & his staff I'm sure you'll see for yourself what I mean.

Best wishes to Coach Lambert & the rest of the AC program.

• 2 weeks later...

son to AC.

whooooooooooo!! stay in the land of fairydust brother. your "facts" are all wrong whoooooooooooooo your son will work hard he will play hard he will become a good MAN! whoooooo. what more could a father want. Mr. Lambert played high school football @ scott high school for jack diggs. he was a key member of the 84 district champ team whoooooooo I like champs brother. he has worked hard in the july heat brother. If YOU don't think jr can cut it keep him where he is now if you want your son to learn football,and life send him to ac you won't regret it whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You honestly think that if someone doesn't play college ball that they won't make a good high school coach? That's closed-minded and plain wrong. Also, if your son really wants to be a good football player he'll "bust his butt" for himself and his team, not the coach.

From what I have heard, Coach Lambert demoted the Price boys from the coordinator positions. If thats the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get offered to go elsewhere. I dont why he would do that, especially since those guys have been very successful the last couple years. Does anyone know more about this? It has even been rumored that Justin Price wont be coaching quarterbacks next year. I just cant see this happening.

From what I have heard, Coach Lambert demoted the Price boys from the coordinator positions. If thats the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see them get offered to go elsewhere. I dont why he would do that, especially since those guys have been very successful the last couple years. Does anyone know more about this? It has even been rumored that Justin Price wont be coaching quarterbacks next year. I just cant see this happening.

If thats true, thats a dang shame, the Price boys are unbelieveably Football smart and competitive. When it's all said an done for them I wouldn't be surprised if they were among the greatest in Tennessee.

son to AC.

Coach Lambert is a great coach and a great person. Who cares if he did not play college ball?? I mean you can't knock a man for not playing ball if that was the case. If your son was good enough(hypothetical situation here) and Charlie Weis came a knocking on the door and calling your house what would you do? He himself did not play college football or pro ball for that matter, and he is a great coach.

• 2 weeks later...