TALENT AT GRACE CHRISTIAN?

tinygiant2

OKAY IM IN NO WAY A GRACE FAN BUT I HEAR THEY HAVE ALOT OF TALENT. THEY HAVE ONE KID NAMED KENT JIKNINS THAT PLAYS SHORTSTOP. IVE NEVER HEARD OF THE KID AND ALL OFF A SUDDEN HE HAS 3 HOMERS FROM THE LEADOFF SPOT. WHERE DID THIS KID COME FROM AND WHY HAS NO ONE EVER HEARD OF HIM. ANOTHER KID THEY HAVE NAMED JORDAN INFIELD HAS A 3-0 RECORD WITH 47 STRIKE OUTS. THESE KIDS ARE SERIOUSE BALL PLAYERS.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKAY IM IN NO WAY A GRACE FAN BUT I HEAR THEY HAVE ALOT OF TALENT. THEY HAVE ONE KID NAMED KENT JIKNINS THAT PLAYS SHORTSTOP. IVE NEVER HEARD OF THE KID AND ALL OFF A SUDDEN HE HAS 3 HOMERS FROM THE LEADOFF SPOT. WHERE DID THIS KID COME FROM AND WHY HAS NO ONE EVER HEARD OF HIM. ANOTHER KID THEY HAVE NAMED JORDAN INFIELD HAS A 3-0 RECORD WITH 47 STRIKE OUTS. THESE KIDS ARE SERIOUSE BALL PLAYERS.

You haven't heard of him because he is a transfer from Gibbs who wasn't going to see much if any playing time there.

You haven't heard of him because he is a transfer from Gibbs who wasn't going to see much if any playing time there.

I FIND THIS HARD TO BELEIVE.... ANY KID THAT HITS 3 HOMERS IN 3 GAMES FROM THE LEADOFF SPOT IS GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME WEREVER HE GOES... WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION ABOUT HIM NOT GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME? THIS KID IS SECOND OR THIRD IN THE K.I.L IN HOMERS. CURT POWELL AT FARRAGUT ONLY HAS FIVE.

I FIND THIS HARD TO BELEIVE.... ANY KID THAT HITS 3 HOMERS IN 3 GAMES FROM THE LEADOFF SPOT IS GOING TO GET PLAYING TIME WEREVER HE GOES... WHERE DID YOU GET THIS INFORMATION ABOUT HIM NOT GETTING ANY PLAYING TIME? THIS KID IS SECOND OR THIRD IN THE K.I.L IN HOMERS. CURT POWELL AT FARRAGUT ONLY HAS FIVE.

buddy just a little information for you..... hitting a homerun in singleA ball is no big deal i mean the pitching is horid!! you may see two guys all season that throws harder than 83.. in doubleAA ball you see that and harder EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!! a big difference.. i have played both doubleAA ball and singleA ball and there is a HUGE difference.. hitting 3 homers in single A ball i no big deal!! wouldn't brag to much... i would be curious to see what the kid does against the better pitching like Prior from Harriman and Skidemore from Rockwood or Johnston from Coalfield... then you can talk about him after that..

There are kids at farragut, bearden, and other good AAA schools who don't get any playing time, but could start for good AA schools like Gibbs, Seymour, Grainger, Anderson County, Catholic, CAK, etc. I didn't say he wasn't a good player or kid, but comparing Grace Christian to other AA/AAA schools, or comparing Jinkins to Powell is like comparing apples and oranges. It's like comparing the New York Yankees to the Knoxville Smokies. Not even close. Don't read too much into the stats in the paper either, there are a lot of good teams who haven't reported. If you want to find HR leaders, look in the HR leaders thread. I'm glad he is having a good year, and wish him the best of luck, but don't try to compare the two, it's irrevelant.

buddy just a little information for you..... hitting a homerun in singleA ball is no big deal i mean the pitching is horid!! you may see two guys all season that throws harder than 83.. in doubleAA ball you see that and harder EVERY SINGLE GAME!!!! a big difference.. i have played both doubleAA ball and singleA ball and there is a HUGE difference.. hitting 3 homers in single A ball i no big deal!! wouldn't brag to much... i would be curious to see what the kid does against the better pitching like Prior from Harriman and Skidemore from Rockwood or Johnston from Coalfield... then you can talk about him after that..

Two very great pitchers you named but you forgot to mention the outstanding sophmore Tyler Dishman from Harriman also.

jinkins wouldn't have sniffed the field at gibbs. if anyone remembers...he rode the pine for 2 years and had all kinds of younger guys playing in front of him. its single a ball. 3 homers. wow. way to go.

MY POINT HAS JUST BEEN MADE!!! GREAT POST!!!!!! i would promise you he has not seen any pitcher that could pitch at the next level and be succesfull.... i bet when he sees Prior or Skidemore or even Johnston that he does not even come close to the fence.. NO CHANCE HE WOULD HIT LIKE THAT AGAINST DECENT PITCHING!!!

i mean the kid is probably a good single A ball player but he hasn't seen anybody throw with good velocity i bet and decent off speed!!

MY POINT HAS JUST BEEN MADE!!! GREAT POST!!!!!! i would promise you he has not seen any pitcher that could pitch at the next level and be succesfull.... i bet when he sees Prior or Skidemore or even Johnston that he does not even come close to the fence.. NO CHANCE HE WOULD HIT LIKE THAT AGAINST DECENT PITCHING!!!

i mean the kid is probably a good single A ball player but he hasn't seen anybody throw with good velocity i bet and decent off speed!!

The only person that ever played in front of this kid at gibbs was chris armstrobg who now plays at LMU. I heard he had a decent amount of playing time when armstrong was pitching though. im just saying keep your eyes peeled ive seen this kid play summer ball against my brother in law. hes got what it takes. he got in the box against numerous college pitchers such as lockwood and some kid from etsu and actually hit off them

The only person that ever played in front of this kid at gibbs was chris armstrobg who now plays at LMU. I heard he had a decent amount of playing time when armstrong was pitching though. im just saying keep your eyes peeled ive seen this kid play summer ball against my brother in law. hes got what it takes. he got in the box against numerous college pitchers such as lockwood and some kid from etsu and actually hit off them

Lies, Lies, Lies. If you knew who played in front of him, why would you have to "hear" about playing time when Armstrong pitched. I smell a rat, and it's you tiny. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Try concealing your identity better next time.

I sure hope you meant this as a joke, because that is what you are now starting to look like.

Jinkins played JV and didn't dress varsity at all at Gibbs while a freshman started at 3rd and another played short on Varsity and pitched on Varsity. There were also sophmores all over the varsity field, but not Jinkins, he was simply relegated to JV and ball chaser status. This is my last and final post on this thread. Point has been made and enough said.

Lies, Lies, Lies. If you knew who played in front of him, why would you have to "hear" about playing time when Armstrong pitched. I smell a rat, and it's you tiny. I'm pretty sure I know who you are. Try concealing your identity better next time.

I sure hope you meant this as a joke, because that is what you are now starting to look like.

Jinkins played JV and didn't dress varsity at all at Gibbs while a freshman started at 3rd and another played short on Varsity and pitched on Varsity. There were also sophmores all over the varsity field, but not Jinkins, he was simply relegated to JV and ball chaser status. This is my last and final post on this thread. Point has been made and enough said.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> thats hillarious!!! GREAT POST!!

I have heard that jinkins never saw the field at Gibbs which is why him and his dad transferred to grace to actually get playin time and looks like it was a really good choice going to a team that got beat by a very weak Austin east team. And at Gibbs a freshman played shortstop when Armstrong pitched not jinkins. If we are talkin about if allstars then jinkins is a great pick.