Best pitchers in the state?

giggles98

I was at the park this weekend and a father was telling me that their is a girl from Lebanon who is throwing about 65 I said it aint so and he said she was....................how stupid can people be is the question????? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> 45 I would believe as a 8th grader but 65 who and where do people get these guns. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the park this weekend and a father was telling me that their is a girl from Lebanon who is throwing about 65 I said it aint so and he said she was....................how stupid can people be is the question????? /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> 45 I would believe as a 8th grader but 65 who and where do people get these guns. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Not sure either, but I believe alot of them are sold in East TN.

Fadnek hadn't allowed a hit in her first five starts.

I know some of the 1A areas don't have much competition, however that's still pretty impressive. I hope they make it to state this year so we can see how Fadnek compares to some of the other quality 1A pitchers that might make it like:

Thomas - Huntington

Stinnett - Forrest

Renfroe sisters - Trinity

Cole - Cornersville

Who do you think are the most dominating pitchers in the state?

Can't speak for Middle and West TN. As for East TN, I watched the Eastman Invitational this weekend and I would doubt there are many better than Whitney Gilbert (Cherokee), Kara Woods (Unicoi), Taylor Bellessa (Elizabethton) and Kadey Robinson (Elizabethton). Gilbert did not allow a run until the championship game of the 40-team tournament. Unicoi scored only when the game went to the international tie-breaker rule and wasn't decided until 12 innings!

Not sure either, but I believe alot of them are sold in East TN.

What was the comment about them being sold East TN all about???? Is it because you have a distorted imagine of the girls who play from East TN? Just for future reference out of the 8, 3A schools represented in last years state tourney, there were 2 from East Tn and 1 in the 1A class. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it a team out of Morristown that competed in and won the 14 and under National AAU Championships?

I realize parents often have a distorted image of thier childs capabilities, especially those parents who are living thier dreams through thier children. I have followed girls softball for years. Both of daughters played through high school and one is currently playing in college. I have seen a lot really good teams and therefore a lot of very good pitchers. However, there are very few high school pitchers that are capable of throwing in the mid to upper 60's consistantly. I can understand the occassion fast ball that hits in the mid to upper 60's. If this kid is really throwing in the mid to upper 60's, consistantly, Coach Weekly will be beating her door down!!!!

I know some of the 1A areas don't have much competition, however that's still pretty impressive. I hope they make it to state this year so we can see how Fadnek compares to some of the other quality 1A pitchers that might make it like:

Thomas - Huntington

Stinnett - Forrest

Renfroe sisters - Trinity

Cole - Cornersville

Good list.

Kat Banks is tough. Also, Soddy Daisy has a freshman (don't know her name) that's going to be real good.

What was the comment about them being sold East TN all about???? Is it because you have a distorted imagine of the girls who play from East TN? Just for future reference out of the 8, 3A schools represented in last years state tourney, there were 2 from East Tn and 1 in the 1A class. If my memory serves me correctly, wasn't it a team out of Morristown that competed in and won the 14 and under National AAU Championships?

I realize parents often have a distorted image of thier childs capabilities, especially those parents who are living thier dreams through thier children. I have followed girls softball for years. Both of daughters played through high school and one is currently playing in college. I have seen a lot really good teams and therefore a lot of very good pitchers. However, there are very few high school pitchers that are capable of throwing in the mid to upper 60's consistantly. I can understand the occassion fast ball that hits in the mid to upper 60's. If this kid is really throwing in the mid to upper 60's, consistantly, Coach Weekly will be beating her door down!!!!

If I am not mistaken, is it not impossible for 2 teams NOT to come out of the East? We all hear about this girl or that girl throwing in the "mid 60's" and it is just not true. I can name the girls in this state who throw in the "mid 60's" and trust me......there are only a few.

AAU? Are you serious?

Coalfield will be playing in the Franklin-Sonic Classic in a couple of weeks. Fadnek and The Lady Jackets are coming to Nashville for just that reason. They want to see where they are at, and what they have to do to compete with some of the best teams in this state. Lindsey has already racked up 115 K's for the year and only walked (5) in (50) innings of play. Lindsey has a very good resume behind her already with USSSA State Titles. TSWA Single-A All State Team, District Tournament MVP and to only be a Freashman. For this kid the sky is the limit. Good Luck Lindsey !!!

Coalfield will be playing in the Franklin-Sonic Classic in a couple of weeks. Fadnek and The Lady Jackets are coming to Nashville for just that reason. They want to see where they are at, and what they have to do to compete with some of the best teams in this state. Lindsey has already racked up 115 K's for the year and only walked (5) in (50) innings of play. Lindsey has a very good resume behind her already with USSSA State Titles. TSWA Single-A All State Team, District Tournament MVP and to only be a Freashman. For this kid the sky is the limit. Good Luck Lindsey !!!

Below is the list of teams at Franklin. Not bashing but I do not see this as one of the stronger fields of the year. Does look like a good tourament for A teams.

Pool A

1 Brentwood

2 Harpeth Hall

3 Sycamore

4 Science Hill

Pool B

1 Goodpasture

2 Page

3 Columbia Academy

4 Elizabethton

Pool C

1 Collierville