Best pitchers in the state?

giggles98

Hey blueladysuzie,

I wouldn't put much stock in what STL has to say....... He speaks of domination in his area, but yet his travel team organization cant beat a team comprised of NE Tenn/SW VA, NW NC girls........

http://www.usfastpitch.com/national/2007ws/aworld.htm

http://www.usfastpitch.com/national/2007ws/a/14u-a-1.jpg

Look who finished first in the 14U A and look who tied for 33rd......... HMMMMM........

Once again, never said anything about talent level and/or "domination". But hey, I will never doubt East TN again.................................... or SW VA or NW NC (did I miss a state?)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, never said anything about talent level and/or "domination". But hey, I will never doubt East TN again.................................... or SW VA or NW NC (did I miss a state?)

No I think you got all of them................. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Not sure how you want them but I can give the middle tn kids that continue to stand out.

Courtney Elrod, Bre Thomas, Megan Lane, Lauren Keele, Paige Neely, Cheyenne Kulper and Taylor Deason. I am sure I am missing a few, may not have seen them all yet with all the rainouts! I will get to see a few more team this next week in the snow!

ha mommamia yeah u picked some pretty good pitchers but from ive been told and from wat ive seen kayla edwards out pitches lauren keele every time she pitches

Hey blueladysuzie,

I wouldn't put much stock in what STL has to say....... He speaks of domination in his area, but yet his travel team organization cant beat a team comprised of NE Tenn/SW VA, NW NC girls........

Look who finished first in the 14U A and look who tied for 33rd......... HMMMMM........

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What makes you think he has anything to do with the 14 yr old team????? If you look you will see that the 16 yr old team finished in the 7th spot and the 18 Gold team won it all!!!! But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. And this is the USFA, great tourney and a bit of a vacation before the big show at the ASA A Nationals. I just love it when people through a link up to prove a point and they don't check it out completely!!! Perhaps your eyes need checking....and maybe that jugs gun says 55 instead of 65 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Fadnek hadn't allowed a hit in her first five starts.

That's my GIRL!!!!!! As her family we are very PROUD OF Lindsey Fadnek. She does her best and brings her home town very much PRIDE. I dont know all of her stats but I do know she hasnt had a hit for her first 5 game's. Keep working hard LINDSEY make us more PROUD of you. I hope your team goes very far this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> What makes you think he has anything to do with the 14 yr old team????? If you look you will see that the 16 yr old team finished in the 7th spot and the 18 Gold team won it all!!!! But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good story. And this is the USFA, great tourney and a bit of a vacation before the big show at the ASA A Nationals. I just love it when people through a link up to prove a point and they don't check it out completely!!! Perhaps your eyes need checking....and maybe that jugs gun says 55 instead of 65 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Where to start...

Lebanon does NOT have anyone throwing anywhere near 65. Saw them over the weekend & I might go as far to say there pitcher could hit the low 60s if the stars were aligned just right & a big gust of wind came just as she was releasing the ball.

Hey Ref

People making comments like yours are why people in Nashville, Mid TN & Chattanooga have the wrong impression about us from East TN. For the most part East TN has always been just a little behind Mid TN / Nashville & Chattanooga. But the gap is slowly closing as more and more players develop & play for quality teams. In 08 for the first time in 10+ years a East TN won the ASA State & sent a team to ASA National. (speaking 14u) I also think a 16u East TN team did fairly well in the 16u Nationals. Not as good as Stlbrd's team but they had a good showing.

Stlbrd

I started buying my Radar Guns from Mid TN years ago so they would be more reliable. That way when I tell people DD is throwing 45 they will believe me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just poking some fun with you. Nothing drives crazy more than hearing all these rumors of pitchers throwing mid to high 60's. I retired my gun years ago, dont even know if it still works. I could care less how hard my pitchers are throwing, DD included. For the most part I can tell what they are throwing by watching them but as we all know it takes more than speed to make a pitcher a true force on the mound.

Coalfield will be playing in the Franklin-Sonic Classic in a couple of weeks. Fadnek and The Lady Jackets are coming to Nashville for just that reason. They want to see where they are at, and what they have to do to compete with some of the best teams in this state. Lindsey has already racked up 115 K's for the year and only walked (5) in (50) innings of play. Lindsey has a very good resume behind her already with USSSA State Titles. TSWA Single-A All State Team, District Tournament MVP and to only be a Freashman. For this kid the sky is the limit. Good Luck Lindsey !!!

How did Coalfield do this weekend in Anderson Co.? Just wondering.

Where to start...

Lebanon does NOT have anyone throwing anywhere near 65. Saw them over the weekend & I might go as far to say there pitcher could hit the low 60s if the stars were aligned just right & a big gust of wind came just as she was releasing the ball.

Hey Ref

People making comments like yours are why people in Nashville, Mid TN & Chattanooga have the wrong impression about us from East TN. For the most part East TN has always been just a little behind Mid TN / Nashville & Chattanooga. But the gap is slowly closing as more and more players develop & play for quality teams. In 08 for the first time in 10+ years a East TN won the ASA State & sent a team to ASA National. (speaking 14u) I also think a 16u East TN team did fairly well in the 16u Nationals. Not as good as Stlbrd's team but they had a good showing.

Stlbrd

I started buying my Radar Guns from Mid TN years ago so they would be more reliable. That way when I tell people DD is throwing 45 they will believe me /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just poking some fun with you. Nothing drives crazy more than hearing all these rumors of pitchers throwing mid to high 60's. I retired my gun years ago, dont even know if it still works. I could care less how hard my pitchers are throwing, DD included. For the most part I can tell what they are throwing by watching them but as we all know it takes more than speed to make a pitcher a true force on the mound.

Could not agree more................. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How did Coalfield do this weekend in Anderson Co.? Just wondering.

I think Lindsey told me tonight that she struckout 50 or 53 players. Im not sure how many game they played. They play Oakdale Thursday @ home (Coalfield) @ 3:30. GOOD LUCK LADY JACKETS Lets make it the 6th game without any hitters. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

McMinn County Pitcher Brittany Rogers is 8-2 with an ERA. of .80 pitches every game for the Lady Cherokees and I believe she has thrown around 5 shutouts this year. Very good pitcher and works very hard to be that way. Also a really good hitter. /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" /> /ph34r.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":ph34r:" border="0" alt="ph34r.gif" />

Coalfield finished 2nd to Sweetwater in the Anderson Co. Tournament this past weekend. The Lady Jackets ended up playing six games back to back with no break and ran out of gas in the championship game. Fadnek ended the weekend with 31 1/3 IP, 63 K's, 2 BB. This Coalfield team is a very young team made up of mostly freshman, with a few juniors and seniors mixed in and they showed some of that inexperience this weekend. Don't count them out of any game though, there are some ballers on this team and time will make the difference.

Hey blueladysuzie,

Thank you. I just think the girls deserve the respect of the rest of the state.

Coalfield finished 2nd to Sweetwater in the Anderson Co. Tournament this past weekend. The Lady Jackets ended up playing six games back to back with no break and ran out of gas in the championship game. Fadnek ended the weekend with 31 1/3 IP, 63 K's, 2 BB. This Coalfield team is a very young team made up of mostly freshman, with a few juniors and seniors mixed in and they showed some of that inexperience this weekend. Don't count them out of any game though, there are some ballers on this team and time will make the difference.

I have to say that I have the opportunity to see Coalfield in action. These girls are a force to be reckoned with!!!! They may be young but they are tough and strong!!!!