Best pitchers in the state?

giggles98

I started buying my Radar Guns from Mid TN years ago so they would be more reliable. That way when I tell people DD is throwing 45 they will believe me roflol.gif Just poking some fun with you. Nothing drives crazy more than hearing all these rumors of pitchers throwing mid to high 60's. I retired my gun years ago, dont even know if it still works. I could care less how hard my pitchers are throwing, DD included. For the most part I can tell what they are throwing by watching them but as we all know it takes more than speed to make a pitcher a true force on the mound.

That statement is what I like to see more of........ People put to much emphasis on speed. The only gun I would be interested in would be one that clocks the spin on a ball. Good hitters T off on girls that have radar gun tottin daddys and mommys sittin in the stands. Ill take an mid 50 pitcher that throws junk over a flamethrower any day.

Mr. knowitall

That's a pretty impressive finish for the 16's from their showing from 2007 when they were 14's and finished 33rd. As for STL being affiliated with the 14's. It really doesn't matter. He inferred that E Tn pitchers were overrated and I provided proof that our E TN girls are underrated. He is part of the Xplosion organization and well, the rest is well in the trophy case........................ Next time your up this way........ Wanna see what a National Championship ring looks like? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started buying my Radar Guns from Mid TN years ago so they would be more reliable. That way when I tell people DD is throwing 45 they will believe me roflol.gif Just poking some fun with you. Nothing drives crazy more than hearing all these rumors of pitchers throwing mid to high 60's. I retired my gun years ago, dont even know if it still works. I could care less how hard my pitchers are throwing, DD included. For the most part I can tell what they are throwing by watching them but as we all know it takes more than speed to make a pitcher a true force on the mound.

That statement is what I like to see more of........ People put to much emphasis on speed. The only gun I would be interested in would be one that clocks the spin on a ball. Good hitters T off on girls that have radar gun tottin daddys and mommys sittin in the stands. Ill take an mid 50 pitcher that throws junk over a flamethrower any day.

Mr. knowitall

That's a pretty impressive finish for the 16's from their showing from 2007 when they were 14's and finished 33rd. As for STL being affiliated with the 14's. It really doesn't matter. He inferred that E Tn pitchers were overrated and I provided proof that our E TN girls are underrated. He is part of the Xplosion organization and well, the rest is well in the trophy case........................ Next time your up this way........ Wanna see what a National Championship ring looks like? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

People inferring that I said something that I, in fact, did not say are the reason these boards are becoming a joke. I NEVER inferred that E TN pitchers were overrated. I only "inferred" that the pitching speeds are a "little" off. You need to get over yourself and join the real world.

People inferring that I said something that I, in fact, did not say are the reason these boards are becoming a joke. I NEVER inferred that E TN pitchers were overrated. I only "inferred" that the pitching speeds are a "little" off. You need to get over yourself and join the real world.

I think that some people just fly mad and start typing what is on their mind without really thinking about what is being said and it comes sounding differently than what they intended. Anyway, I have to say that the pitcher from Coalfield is absolutely one of the best I have seen in a long time. She has speed and more importantly she has ball movement!!!!

I also think that Unicoi, Elizabethton, Cherokee, Unaka, and Greeneville all have great pitchers. Now I have no business saying anything about any others because I am here and they are there.

Where to start...

Lebanon does NOT have anyone throwing anywhere near 65. Saw them over the weekend & I might go as far to say there pitcher could hit the low 60s if the stars were aligned just right & a big gust of wind came just as she was releasing the ball.

Well, the comment about the Lebanon pitcher was from jtk, who is listed as being from West TN. If you read his comment again, you will see that he said the Lebanon pitcher was throwing 60. And I think he is referring to our sophomore pitcher, who will probably be throwing 65 at some point before her senior year. But thanks just the same for making fun of our pitchers, one of which is my daughter, who is a junior and I know she is not pitching near 60. I hope you feel better getting that off your chest!!!

Where to start...

Lebanon does NOT have anyone throwing anywhere near 65. Saw them over the weekend & I might go as far to say there pitcher could hit the low 60s if the stars were aligned just right & a big gust of wind came just as she was releasing the ball.

Well, the comment about the Lebanon pitcher was from jtk, who is listed as being from West TN. If you read his comment again, you will see that he said the Lebanon pitcher was throwing 60. And I think he is referring to our sophomore pitcher, who will probably be throwing 65 at some point before her senior year. But thanks just the same for making fun of our pitchers, one of which is my daughter, who is a junior and I know she is not pitching near 60. I hope you feel better getting that off your chest!!!

I was at the Gibbs tournament. In between games I would watch the other teams in our district, 7AAA. All of the teams looked pretty good and the Lebanon pitcher I saw was probably your daughter. She wasn't the fastest but she had a killer rise and curve ball.

Mr. knowitall

No this was not a later year. You posted results from 2007. The Xplosion Teams finished as follows...12 under 25th, 14under 2-teams tied at 33, 16 under 7th, and the 18yr old team 1st!! I don't think the bird guy said anybody was overated, just questioned the mid sixtys everybody seems to be throwing now. Every year I hear about these girls, but when I see them in the summer they are getting lit up!!!What is funny is that the girls that are throwing that fast are never mentioned on this board!!!

And by the way, I think a girl from East Tn played for a Xplosion team, around the Sweetwater Area, so I don't think the bird guy would be knocking a pitcher because they are from East Tn. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I agree with you on a pitcher needing more than speed. My DD does not have great speed, but her junk pitches are really good! Unfortunately, speed is the first thing a lot of coaches notice! When we traveled over the summer/fall, she had a teammate that had a really good fastball and a changeup and the other teams rocked her! The key is keeping the batters off balance by throwing a lot of different things at them. Just a thought.

No this was not a later year. You posted results from 2007. The Xplosion Teams finished as follows...12 under 25th, 14under 2-teams tied at 33, 16 under 7th, and the 18yr old team 1st!! I don't think the bird guy said anybody was overated, just questioned the mid sixtys everybody seems to be throwing now. Every year I hear about these girls, but when I see them in the summer they are getting lit up!!!What is funny is that the girls that are throwing that fast are never mentioned on this board!!!

And by the way, I think a girl from East Tn played for a Xplosion team, around the Sweetwater Area, so I don't think the bird guy would be knocking a pitcher because they are from East Tn. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Don't we have a travel ball forum and does it really matter if it is not ASA Nationals? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

Don't we have a travel ball forum and does it really matter if it is not ASA Nationals? /bored.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":bored:" border="0" alt="bored.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Your right on both account's! There is a travel ball forum & world series wins at some alphabet soup sponsored Redneck Vacation Mecca don't measure up.

Thats kinda like winning the the super bowl of Canadian football-WHO CARES! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Heard bad news on Kadey through our coach today. Kadey has a Torn ACL, surgery is required, 6 weeks minimum. Prayers are with you Kadey, Love Ya Gal! Should Read UC25Fan! If there's anything we can do for you Please don't hesitate to call us 423-426-6297

I hate to hear that she has injured her knee. That is a tough one. Do they think it is season ending?