Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

There is no doubt talent on this JC team... But I heard a retired college coach say, it doesnt matter how much talent you have if that talent cant be developed... Well thats the case here. Plenty of talent, its just not being developed. JC is always projected to to better than they perform. Its because they truly have athletes and talent on the field. These same kids beat the morristown teams and all the other teams when they were in middle school.. No excuse why they arent winning in high school. Starts at the top in my opinion with the head coach, and there is evidence of problems there... the Head Coach has to earn the players respect if he expects players to give him everything they have and thats obviously not getting done and I beleive it has to do with alot of lies/dishonestness/special treatment to certain players.... If the kids dont trust you and you treat the players bad you wont have a good football team. Alot of people throughout the community have seen this as well. If you dont think the coach lies just ask his players/former players and how he treats them after they are gone. Ive personally talked to some of them.

:hungry:

Here we go ...Don't win a State Championship...So the Head Coach must GO !! Right ? Is that the answer ? Is that really what we need ? I too have talked to many of the players >I have not heard anything from anybody that makes me question the coaches' honesty/integrety. I am convinced that the coaching staff worked the butts off to make this a winning season.As far as anything the coaches have said to me,It's only been" hi" and "how are you".They get paid for what they do.I get paid for what I do.I will not tell them how to do their job and NOBODY will come to my job and tell me how to do it.Further I am appalled and disgusted by any suggestion that these young men played without heart.This characterization of our student body is without merit !There are several players that waited till the end of the season to have surgeries and other medical treatments.This is called "playing with pain and playing thru the pain".This is again another example of former players/current parents or other "well meaning "members of the community that believe that if only the coach would listen to them then we would be the best team in the state.NO ..NO..NO ..this is not going to happen.These men have college degrees/have played college ball/and have forgoton more than you learned watching ESPN..Having BASIC CABLE does not make you coaching material.!!Sadly once again I have to go on this message board and point out to other readers that these few Haters dont represent the community as a whole.Every year we "the TRUE FANS" have to sit and listen to/and read what these idiots think!There opinions are full of hate and venom..much like their life.Let's see....MMMM what kind of person would go onto a message board (that they know the kids are gonna read} and then say alot of horrible negative things about 15 to 17 year olds??My first guess is a grown man who's dreams were never realized,,someone who's daddy told them they were a superstar,Who's daddy bought them the best equiptment...took them to the best camps,someone who was told they were cheated by a coach when they didn't start or get the position they wanted,.Someone who has alot of anger ...who carries this anger around all day and inflicts on others..Wake up!! You are wrong!! You have lost the meaning of sports!!Your sickness ,unfortunately,is contagious..But I have a suggestion....Stop living in the PAST.Accept that you/or yours were not a great athlete.Accept that educated men know more than you .Accept that there are going to be" up " years and " down " years.Get behind the team.Support the team.See what you can do to help the team{except coaching}.Be positive about the team.Say positive things about the team and this season.!.Get some medication for your depression! Ask yourself ..What good did I acomplish by trashing the coaches and the players ???Or maybe,,just maybe this isn't worth fighting about.Maybe you'r tired and need a rest..Maybe you just want to rest forever..Maybe you see a way out but are too afraid to DO IT.Go ahead DO IT..Your right.. we won't miss you.We will be better off without you.No one likes you.No one thinks your worth keeping around.NO one will be sorry to see you go!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt talent on this JC team... But I heard a retired college coach say, it doesnt matter how much talent you have if that talent cant be developed... Well thats the case here. Plenty of talent, its just not being developed. JC is always projected to to better than they perform. Its because they truly have athletes and talent on the field. These same kids beat the morristown teams and all the other teams when they were in middle school.. No excuse why they arent winning in high school. Starts at the top in my opinion with the head coach, and there is evidence of problems there... the Head Coach has to earn the players respect if he expects players to give him everything they have and thats obviously not getting done and I beleive it has to do with alot of lies/dishonestness/special treatment to certain players.... If the kids dont trust you and you treat the players bad you wont have a good football team. Alot of people throughout the community have seen this as well. If you dont think the coach lies just ask his players/former players and how he treats them after they are gone. Ive personally talked to some of them.

:hungry:

Here we go ...Don't win a State Championship...So the Head Coach must GO !! Right ? Is that the answer ? Is that really what we need ? I too have talked to many of the players >I have not heard anything from anybody that makes me question the coaches' honesty/integrety. I am convinced that the coaching staff worked the butts off to make this a winning season.As far as anything the coaches have said to me,It's only been" hi" and "how are you".They get paid for what they do.I get paid for what I do.I will not tell them how to do their job and NOBODY will come to my job and tell me how to do it.Further I am appalled and disgusted by any suggestion that these young men played without heart.This characterization of our student body is without merit !There are several players that waited till the end of the season to have surgeries and other medical treatments.This is called "playing with pain and playing thru the pain".This is again another example of former players/current parents or other "well meaning "members of the community that believe that if only the coach would listen to them then we would be the best team in the state.NO ..NO..NO ..this is not going to happen.These men have college degrees/have played college ball/and have forgoton more than you learned watching ESPN..Having BASIC CABLE does not make you coaching material.!!Sadly once again I have to go on this message board and point out to other readers that these few Haters dont represent the community as a whole.Every year we "the TRUE FANS" have to sit and listen to/and read what these idiots think!There opinions are full of hate and venom..much like their life.Let's see....MMMM what kind of person would go onto a message board (that they know the kids are gonna read} and then say alot of horrible negative things about 15 to 17 year olds??My first guess is a grown man who's dreams were never realized,,someone who's daddy told them they were a superstar,Who's daddy bought them the best equiptment...took them to the best camps,someone who was told they were cheated by a coach when they didn't start or get the position they wanted,.Someone who has alot of anger ...who carries this anger around all day and inflicts on others..Wake up!! You are wrong!! You have lost the meaning of sports!!Your sickness ,unfortunately,is contagious..But I have a suggestion....Stop living in the PAST.Accept that you/or yours were not a great athlete.Accept that educated men know more than you .Accept that there are going to be" up " years and " down " years.Get behind the team.Support the team.See what you can do to help the team{except coaching}.Be positive about the team.Say positive things about the team and this season.!.Get some medication for your depression! Ask yourself ..What good did I acomplish by trashing the coaches and the players ???Or maybe,,just maybe this isn't worth fighting about.Maybe you'r tired and need a rest..Maybe you just want to rest forever..Maybe you see a way out but are too afraid to DO IT.Go ahead DO IT..Your right.. we won't miss you.We will be better off without you.No one likes you.No one thinks your worth keeping around.NO one will be sorry to see you go!

a

A pretty good post that could apply to 75% of the fb programs anywhere.

Jefferson County baseball and softball has had winning records the past few seasons. Baseball finished second in the district and played in the regionals in 08 and finished 3rd last year. Softball is always strong. I go to games in every sport and not all kids are lazy and have no heart. I have seen the effort they put forth each and every play. Check out all sports before you say something from now on.
A true fan!! patriotgrad.You tell-em!!Thanks!! ...I'm told the IMAC awards for first and second team were given out.I do know who a few of them are, but I don't want to leave anyone out.So if anyone has ALL the names please post them so we can give our congratulations..."No matter where I live,,,For the rest of my life,,,,,It lives inside of me,,,,I'll always be,,,dvp4life "------GO PATRIOTS------

For what its worth coach Anderson has done a great job this year as the head football coach. Things happened on the team that he had to deal with, he made decisions with his heart not with what people say or what they will say. He is a good man and football coach if people will leave him alone he will make this team excel to be a great football team. I hear people all the time say that he is coaching for the kids not for anything else, I believe he cares for his team and the players. The people on this thread talking bad about Jeff Co football get over yourself and grow some nuts if you have a problem go see the coach dont hide behind some little screen name.

I have been and will continue to be a huge supporter of JCHS athletics and football in general. However, I do feel that there are major issues holding the athletic department at JC back. I feel there is a need for change in the leadership of the programs in general. I am sure there are a multitude of reasons why Jeff. Co. is no longer considered a force in team sports, but since I am not in the school everyday, I do not know all of them. But here is my observations:

Football - hiring Scott Meadows to replace Coach kisabeth was not a bad move (I know I am in the minority on this one). Scott was never going to stay long, so he did not have to try to be "the man to follow the MAN". The next hire was the one that turned the program downhill. Marty was a good coach with a great record, but he was not a good fit in Jeff. Co. He had no people skills or tact when dealing with parents and boosters. Then, they hire Coach Anderson after a "lengthy" coaching search. This hire, as we will see, follows afamiliar path. One in which not a lot of work is being done. I have no problem with Coach Anderson's decision to make some coaching changes on his staff, but I also do not see a steady dose of player improvement or development. Say what you will, but these kids get to lift weights during school as part of a class. That is a far cry better than working out AFTER school for two hours with Coach Watkins and Hutchins like my teams did.

Basketball - Coach Sinard stayed way too long and then was replaced by, you guessed it, an assistant coach already on staff. He first had the "interim" title, then won like 6 games (2 in the conference tourney) and was named coach after the season. not a lot of grunt work done on this one either.

Baseball - another situation where a coach stayed (or was allowed to stay)way, way too long. Holland was then replaced by, you are getting good, Coach Seals who was already on staff. Again, if the program has been very successful, I have no problem hiring from within. But baseball, just like basketball and some would argue now recently football, has grossly underachieved. So why would you hire from within...BECAUSE IT IS EASIER to do this than really conduct a thorough coaching search.

Golf is now king at JCHS. These "individuals" have performed brilliantly and represented us well. I take nothing away from them, but I doubt they got much coaching from the school coach (most really good golfers have private swing coaches). We have had a few individual track kids make it to the state meet and win. I am sure there are others that have faired well that I have not mentioned, but the JCHS "teams" have not excelled lately. I am not blaming any coach or think that i can do a better job. I just simply see a pattern.

PS - combined record of team the Patriots beat this year in football was 14-38. No victories over teams finishing with winning records. We were 0-4 against winning teams.

:roflol:

So much anger going on in your post. Wonder why...??? I'm not saying they are bad coaches, just most (all but one) are simply not respected or trusted by these kids. It's obvious.

DVP4LIFE, sir with all do respect you get on my nerves, You act like a board admin of the Jc thread... Well take my post or leave it. I am not tied in to this program directly. I just know some of the kids on this team, about 5-6 to be exact that all played. I live in east knoxville and I travel and watch teams all over east tennessee play. I attended 3 JC games this year. Morristown East, SD, and i believe it was Bearden. I reached my agruement and expressed it after not even talking to these 5-6 kids first but after i talked to some of Coach Andersons starters in his past 2 seasons. STARTERS. Yeah i said STARTERS! And i hesitated to believe these resources so i consulted the few kids on this team i know that play and they said the same thing... So obviously there is a problem in the area i attacked of lieing/ dishonestness/ and special treatment (I could attack that if i knew exactly the situation but i know of kid on this team that got in some serious trouble with the law and played the last 4-5 games. When a player does something that serious im sorry he might be a great player idk if he was or not but he doesnt play... that is just special treatment, because a player was kicked off this team for a less serious offense during the spring) Special treatment evidence #1 right there and im sure there is more where that goes ......yeah im sure if you have a kid in this program by your quick action of backing of the coaches he might even be a starter i would almost say because you jumped in a hissy fit defending the coaches and players or either your a coach yourself. Im sorry you cant tell yourself and convince me there are not problems. Buddy it sure is funny that you see no problem... because the word is out all over about the stuff that goes on at JC with its athletics and its not only football. You dont think word travels fast but it does. People down here who know how good JC used to be and dont even watch your games talk about it. You must worship Anderson cause in your eyes he is the best coach ever from the way you post.... I never said they were bad coaches, but im not saying they arent either. Ive never played for them (god knows im grateful that he didnt allow me to have to play for such a coach), but i do see the products of these coach on the field. It didnt look all that great im sorry. However, I am saying that the Head Coach is not respected. By alot of players nor by former players nor by alot of fans. 5-5 is not a winning season, Im sorry your coach lied to you in your own paper but A winning season is more wins than losses. I would also like to see the kid i read about in your alls paper.... wide reciever, that is 6'4... Where is that kid at? i read that in the paper this preason and i thought wow this coach talks like this kids pretty good i cant wait to see him... Got to your game never seen such a player. I asked around in the stands i thought he might have been hurt but i found out the tallest kid on the team was 6'2 and doesnt even play wr. The tallest wide out looked 5'11....... So Another lie. Whats wrong with telling the truth? It comes out eventually anyway. And if you just find some of the players there now or his former players im sure they would glady tell you some goodies :popcorneater: Sometimes people like you have hard times accepting the truth about things... Again not saying he needs to be fired, but stuff has to change its going to be just a regular ole typical jeff co season of the last decade once again nxt year. Have a nice day!

It is hard to make a judgement on what is fair and what is not fair in terms of discipline of players. I doubt any of us know all the details regarding the dismissal of the player in the spring or the suspension of the player this fall for 5 or 6 games. I do know that discipline is a requirement for a successful football team. Not having the suspended player play the first half of the season really hurt the team's chances for success. He let everyone down. I assume he made some type of restitution or he would not have played the rest of the year. Another player was suspended for the South Doyle game. Again, I do not know the details, but it would appear from the outside looking in that players are being held accountable for their actions. The sad thing is that all of these situations take away from those who are committed and work hard. It takes away, and is a distraction. Everyone saw what happened to UT this past weekend. It was a distraction. Kids are not perfect and will make mistakes. Coaches must hold them accountable. It appears the coaches are doing that. I will say again that none of us know all the details, nor should we know all the details. How many chances does a kid get? I don't know. It is hard to judge, especially without all the facts.

For the record...I don't know any of the coaches personally.I don't know their wive's names or the number or names of their children.I don't know where they live and I have never shared a meal with them.I did join the sideline club but didn't attend any of the functions(thats a story for another time).I do know nearly all of the Junoirs and many of the Seniors and Sophmores.I also have second hand knowledge of the 3 discipline problems that have been brought up.I can tell you that I don't agree with all of the decisions that were made regarding these matters.I also don't agree with every coaching decision made on the field.But then again I wasn't hired or consulted to give my opinions.I consider these matters "INTERNAL ISSUES" that are better off addressed by the Administration and the Coaching staff and the TEAM.As far as being a blind follower of this coach....I am not!I would have followed Meadows/Brimer/Hutchins/Jett/Kisabeth/Riley or most any other coach.To me it's of the utmost importance to support the Man in charge.I also believe it's counterintuitive to TEAM SPIRIT and UNITY to speak badly of the coach.In fairness i have heard people say "I don't like the coach"..,My response is usually something like....."Is he abusive?"..."Is he innapropriate?"...."Is he doing anything illegal or unethical?"..THE answer is always NO..,,,I do believe the posts that say this or that player is unhappy or feels they were not treated fairly,I would be SHOCKED if every player on any team thought their coach was great.It's a given that anyone who is in charge of that many players is not going to be universally loved.OK...Let's see we have aprox 75 players/150 parents/50 brothers/50 uncles/50 grandfathers/30 years of alumni/and an unknown amount of other folks"from here" that remember the GLORY YEAR! Man...is it even possible to make all those people happy?Is it even fair to ask the coach to try?Or should he focus on the team?Unfortunetly the coaching staff has had to put up with multiple D1 parents.They have had to put up with people screaming and cursing and threatening them.I have seen this horrible behavoir myself.I have heard it from the families of STARTERS and BACKUPS and those that were lucky enough for the coaches to "FIND a place for them to play".And of course my favorite,,the ones that think Kiffin is going to call any day!!(LOL)...So for me it is not about "love for a coach".,,,but it's about being a positive influence on those around me and by those young men that read these posts.To me that is what it means to be a fan.PEACE...Sorry about the "DO IT" (Ijust switched to decaf lol).......GO PATRIOTS ! ! ! dvp4life.......COWBELLS Caused a few false starts on the other team(i'm almost sure of it)

DVP4LIFE, sir with all do respect you get on my nerves, You act like a board admin of the Jc thread... Well take my post or leave it. I am not tied in to this program directly. I just know some of the kids on this team, about 5-6 to be exact that all played. I live in east knoxville and I travel and watch teams all over east tennessee play. I attended 3 JC games this year. Morristown East, SD, and i believe it was Bearden. I reached my agruement and expressed it after not even talking to these 5-6 kids first but after i talked to some of Coach Andersons starters in his past 2 seasons. STARTERS. Yeah i said STARTERS! And i hesitated to believe these resources so i consulted the few kids on this team i know that play and they said the same thing... So obviously there is a problem in the area i attacked of lieing/ dishonestness/ and special treatment (I could attack that if i knew exactly the situation but i know of kid on this team that got in some serious trouble with the law and played the last 4-5 games. When a player does something that serious im sorry he might be a great player idk if he was or not but he doesnt play... that is just special treatment, because a player was kicked off this team for a less serious offense during the spring) Special treatment evidence #1 right there and im sure there is more where that goes ......yeah im sure if you have a kid in this program by your quick action of backing of the coaches he might even be a starter i would almost say because you jumped in a hissy fit defending the coaches and players or either your a coach yourself. Im sorry you cant tell yourself and convince me there are not problems. Buddy it sure is funny that you see no problem... because the word is out all over about the stuff that goes on at JC with its athletics and its not only football. You dont think word travels fast but it does. People down here who know how good JC used to be and dont even watch your games talk about it. You must worship Anderson cause in your eyes he is the best coach ever from the way you post.... I never said they were bad coaches, but im not saying they arent either. Ive never played for them (god knows im grateful that he didnt allow me to have to play for such a coach), but i do see the products of these coach on the field. It didnt look all that great im sorry. However, I am saying that the Head Coach is not respected. By alot of players nor by former players nor by alot of fans. 5-5 is not a winning season, Im sorry your coach lied to you in your own paper but A winning season is more wins than losses. I would also like to see the kid i read about in your alls paper.... wide reciever, that is 6'4... Where is that kid at? i read that in the paper this preason and i thought wow this coach talks like this kids pretty good i cant wait to see him... Got to your game never seen such a player. I asked around in the stands i thought he might have been hurt but i found out the tallest kid on the team was 6'2 and doesnt even play wr. The tallest wide out looked 5'11....... So Another lie. Whats wrong with telling the truth? It comes out eventually anyway. And if you just find some of the players there now or his former players im sure they would glady tell you some goodies :shock: Sometimes people like you have hard times accepting the truth about things... Again not saying he needs to be fired, but stuff has to change its going to be just a regular ole typical jeff co season of the last decade once again nxt year. Have a nice day!

YOu are such a @#$@ if you got a problem with the coach maybe you need to talk to him. Or maybe you are such a @#$$% you hide behind your screen name. Don't be scared call Coach Anderson up I'm sure he meet with you and you can call him a lier to is face you are a ungreatful human. I guess you could coach this team and go unbeaten NOT. Don't talk about a coach untill you talk with him face to face you @#$$%

DVP4LIFE, sir with all do respect you get on my nerves, You act like a board admin of the Jc thread... Well take my post or leave it. I am not tied in to this program directly. I just know some of the kids on this team, about 5-6 to be exact that all played. I live in east knoxville and I travel and watch teams all over east tennessee play. I attended 3 JC games this year. Morristown East, SD, and i believe it was Bearden. I reached my agruement and expressed it after not even talking to these 5-6 kids first but after i talked to some of Coach Andersons starters in his past 2 seasons. STARTERS. Yeah i said STARTERS! And i hesitated to believe these resources so i consulted the few kids on this team i know that play and they said the same thing... So obviously there is a problem in the area i attacked of lieing/ dishonestness/ and special treatment (I could attack that if i knew exactly the situation but i know of kid on this team that got in some serious trouble with the law and played the last 4-5 games. When a player does something that serious im sorry he might be a great player idk if he was or not but he doesnt play... that is just special treatment, because a player was kicked off this team for a less serious offense during the spring) Special treatment evidence #1 right there and im sure there is more where that goes ......yeah im sure if you have a kid in this program by your quick action of backing of the coaches he might even be a starter i would almost say because you jumped in a hissy fit defending the coaches and players or either your a coach yourself. Im sorry you cant tell yourself and convince me there are not problems. Buddy it sure is funny that you see no problem... because the word is out all over about the stuff that goes on at JC with its athletics and its not only football. You dont think word travels fast but it does. People down here who know how good JC used to be and dont even watch your games talk about it. You must worship Anderson cause in your eyes he is the best coach ever from the way you post.... I never said they were bad coaches, but im not saying they arent either. Ive never played for them (god knows im grateful that he didnt allow me to have to play for such a coach), but i do see the products of these coach on the field. It didnt look all that great im sorry. However, I am saying that the Head Coach is not respected. By alot of players nor by former players nor by alot of fans. 5-5 is not a winning season, Im sorry your coach lied to you in your own paper but A winning season is more wins than losses. I would also like to see the kid i read about in your alls paper.... wide reciever, that is 6'4... Where is that kid at? i read that in the paper this preason and i thought wow this coach talks like this kids pretty good i cant wait to see him... Got to your game never seen such a player. I asked around in the stands i thought he might have been hurt but i found out the tallest kid on the team was 6'2 and doesnt even play wr. The tallest wide out looked 5'11....... So Another lie. Whats wrong with telling the truth? It comes out eventually anyway. And if you just find some of the players there now or his former players im sure they would glady tell you some goodies :shock: Sometimes people like you have hard times accepting the truth about things... Again not saying he needs to be fired, but stuff has to change its going to be just a regular ole typical jeff co season of the last decade once again nxt year. Have a nice day!

YOu are such a @#$@ if you got a problem with the coach maybe you need to talk to him. Or maybe you are such a @#$$% you hide behind your screen name. Don't be scared call Coach Anderson up I'm sure he meet with you and you can call him a lier to is face you are a ungreatful human. I guess you could coach this team and go unbeaten NOT. Don't talk about a coach untill you talk with him face to face you @#$$%

Wow. This is such Jefferson County male posturing b.s. that I don't even know what to say about this. Obviously Heavy has some connection to said coach, and while I am never one to stop a fight, this is not the place to be picking one. If you can't take the scrutiny(look it up) then get out of the public's eye. These are the kind of comments you have to expect being a coach or a relative of a coach. Get over it. And we can take this to Black Oak, or the Green Bridge, or wherever the kids hold these kind of fights these days and settle it like the kids you are, or you can both grow up.