overton

shadow

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coachhard I know I have a great job right now but the Overton job is one I have wanted for some time. I think a lot of people will miss the boat as far as applying for my job if I leave. I know of at least one coach that would apply and a couple of others that should really check into it. I don't think I should speculate right now. Hopefully I can later. :)

Metro affirmative action strikes again. What happens if he fails the NTE again and remains uncertified? Do they open the search up again or just cover it up. Metro has been down this road before. At least this time the new coach did actually apply for the job. His mom was not at the board to hand him the job like Wright at Glencliff.

Coach Reed is a reasonable candidate for the job. He's has been an assistant with a Stratford team that has done very well the last few years. He appears to be hard working and knowledgable. Lets give the guy a break.

The same things were said about Coach Sewell last year. I think we would all agree that Hunters Lane had a good year last year in a tough district. I understand why people got upset about the Glencliff hire, but this one and the Hunters Lane are not bad hires. Both candidates look good on paper and I hope they both do well.

As for the affirmative action comment, we need as many good, black role models in our schools as we can get. Don't get me wrong, that should not be a factor in the hiring process. Coach Reed wasn't hired because he's black.

Good luck to Coach Fey and all the others who applied.

Coach Reed is a reasonable candidate for the job. He's has been an assistant with a Stratford team that has done very well the last few years. He appears to be hard working and knowledgable. Lets give the guy a break.

The same things were said about Coach Sewell last year. I think we would all agree that Hunters Lane had a good year last year in a tough district. I understand why people got upset about the Glencliff hire, but this one and the Hunters Lane are not bad hires. Both candidates look good on paper and I hope they both do well.

As for the affirmative action comment, we need as many good, black role models in our schools as we can get. Don't get me wrong, that should not be a factor in the hiring process. Coach Reed wasn't hired because he's black.

Good luck to Coach Fey and all the others who applied.