overton

shadow

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#1-I have been at Overton since the 1997-1998 season and have been both the girl's freshman coach and the assistant varsity coach.

#2-As for the improvement in the team, it has to do with discipline and attitude. Not that any of the other candidates wouldn't have brought discipline to the program, but Coach Reed seems to have already left a mark. Many of the kids have made comments that the conditioning is more demanding than it ever was with Coach Fuller. The future will show if that is true, but at least there is a change.

#3-I have no idea who will get the baseball job. I don't think its been posted yet.

Metroman, does it not bother you that you have more experience than Reed? Maybe that's your wake-up call that you won't get a head coaching job in Metro. That's not a cut to you. You will learn that you have to be corked up somebody's butt. Anyway, good luck this year Metroman. I'll see you down the road.

Oh, by the way, every coach has diferent ways to condition. I don't know where that makes coach Reed such a great fit.

Hey Metroman, I know that you have to say the right things on here and I respect you for your tactfulness and diplomacy but all it takes is to be passed over and you get labelled. It has happened to several others in the past and I hope that list does not grow someday to include you as well.

CoachF, heard President Bush is stopping by your neck of the woods tomorrow. Maybe this subject calls for Presidential intervention. As the next move maybe we can send troops to Bransford Ave. :)

I do have to diplomatic, but I really do think that Coach Reed is a good fit. I have a lot of respect for our administration, and I am not just saying that. They are not afraid to make tough decisions. Like the decisions or not, there are some things that needed changing at our school, both in and out of the athletic department.

As for getting a head coaching job in Metro, we'll see. I am more concerned at where I am teaching than where I am coaching, that's why I'll be happy here for a long time. This is the best coaching situation in Metro.

Metroman-- I have heard the same things about the new basketball coach, and I have also heard that he participates in the conditioning excerises. I feel like this is a great way to gain the respect of your players. Also on the baseball job, dont you think that either Morrison or Williams will get it?

Posted by Metroman:

#1-I have been at Overton since the 1997-1998 season and have been both the girl's freshman coach and the assistant varsity coach.

#2-As for the improvement in the team, it has to do with discipline and attitude. Not that any of the other candidates wouldn't have brought discipline to the program, but Coach Reed seems to have already left a mark. Many of the kids have made comments that the conditioning is more demanding than it ever was with Coach Fuller. The future will show if that is true, but at least there is a change.

#3-I have no idea who will get the baseball job. I don't think its been posted yet.