Fulton vs. Central

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree with you however, it'll never happen.. Hold up, it could happen in the playoffs this year, right? IDK but I would love to see this game renewed..

I wish it would happen but I dont think Buck would play and Cental is in the 5A-6A class so no on the playoffs...I wish and it would be such a good atmosphere for friday night.

I suppose that when Buck turned central in for recruitng back in the 90s when Coach Helton is 16-0 against fulton and 6-0 against Buck. Fulton turned them in and now they are recruiting through Josh Jones with the Middle school team. Now the rules have changed and if a kid goes to Gresham he will have to play for central middle school team and that is the same with all Knox Co. middle schools which is a good thing because we have the Inskip kids back in our programs. This game needs to be played and they were suppose to play 4 yrs ago when buck went downtown to ask why he could not get any Knoxville teams to play and he was told that Central had the same open date and he kicked over a chair and left. So you tell me why they dont play anymore?

I suppose that when Buck turned central in for recruitng back in the 90s when Coach Helton is 16-0 against fulton and 6-0 against Buck. Fulton turned them in and now they are recruiting through Josh Jones with the Middle school team. Now the rules have changed and if a kid goes to Gresham he will have to play for central middle school team and that is the same with all Knox Co. middle schools which is a good thing because we have the Inskip kids back in our programs. This game needs to be played and they were suppose to play 4 yrs ago when buck went downtown to ask why he could not get any Knoxville teams to play and he was told that Central had the same open date and he kicked over a chair and left. So you tell me why they dont play anymore?

When did this middle school football rule go into effect? Also, I know Josh personally and I disagree with you on that recruiting thing. I've been to plenty of his practices before and he always tell his players, "i'm trying to get you ready for high school!" He didn't say Fulton High School he said High School in general...

Ol buck kicking the chair over only means one thing, "He's scared of the bobcats!" Uh oh, the Fulton fans will respond now. Seriously though, I think Coach Quinn need to make sure this game is played sooner or later. I mean, come on now, if Central and Fulton both had the same open date, why find a team in Morristown when you can save money on a team in Knoxville?

When did this middle school football rule go into effect? Also, I know Josh personally and I disagree with you on that recruiting thing. I've been to plenty of his practices before and he always tell his players, "i'm trying to get you ready for high school!" He didn't say Fulton High School he said High School in general...

Ol buck kicking the chair over only means one thing, "He's scared of the bobcats!" Uh oh, the Fulton fans will respond now. Seriously though, I think Coach Quinn need to make sure this game is played sooner or later. I mean, come on now, if Central and Fulton both had the same open date, why find a team in Morristown when you can save money on a team in Knoxville?

He got mad because Gibbs would not play Fulton and he said it is a shame that another Knoxville team will not play another Knoxville team. That is when the open dates were brought up. The recruiting thing...comeon Turtle even your AE boys know that. That is exactly what it means is that if they play Central he knows they will not get the players that Josh is recruiting. Dont get me wrong I like Josh and if it is legal why not...but the new rule takes affect this coming fall. Great new rule!!! It is like having true middle school football.

He got mad because Gibbs would not play Fulton and he said it is a shame that another Knoxville team will not play another Knoxville team. That is when the open dates were brought up. The recruiting thing...comeon Turtle even your AE boys know that. That is exactly what it means is that if they play Central he knows they will not get the players that Josh is recruiting. Dont get me wrong I like Josh and if it is legal why not...but the new rule takes affect this coming fall. Great new rule!!! It is like having true middle school football.

Well what about the teams that doesn't feed into a high school program? Teams like RCA, RULE, INSKIP, or CCYSP? I mean how will that rule affect them?

Central vs Fulton will happen before Helton retires.. That's my opinion..

OK WHATEVER! You and I both know this is not true! Fulton ain't scared on ANYBODY! This garbage is not even worth responding to! It's true that we can't get very many Knoxville teams to play us but the EXCUSE is always that Fulton does not bring enough "gate money." It has nothing to do with Fulton bein' scared! I'm not EVEN going to respond to the recruiting thing...it just simply NOT TRUE! So in the words of my sister again...WHATEVER! Boy, I sure do miss her at times like these!

OK WHATEVER! You and I both know this is not true! Fulton ain't scared on ANYBODY! This garbage is not even worth responding to! It's true that we can't get very many Knoxville teams to play us but the EXCUSE is always that Fulton does not bring enough "gate money." It has nothing to do with Fulton bein' scared! I'm not EVEN going to respond to the recruiting thing...it just simply NOT TRUE! So in the words of my sister again...WHATEVER! Boy, I sure do miss her at times like these!

I don't have a dog in the fight but can we say "Emerald Youth Program". I have relatives that will tell you that. We all know itbut if Fulton wasn't winning they wouldn't go. Graham said it best on the radio last year. "If Mexico had great industry, wealth, and prosperity there would be no border cotrol. To close your borders you have to win". That is the attitude he took at AE. He invested intheir little league program and isnow starting to keep his kids and get a few.

I don't have a dog in the fight but can we say "Emerald Youth Program".

He invested intheir little league program and isnow starting to keep his kids and get a few.

I disagree with you, many high school coaches stat that they invest in the youth league programs but they're a lie!!! The only high school coaches that I've ever saw at a youth league game are Central and Powell coaches. Any other high school coaches don't show up unless the youth league(Super MIdget team) is in the championship game.. So any high school coach can not say they support their youth programs on a regular bases.

Heck most High school coaches don't allow their youth programs to use their fields because they feel they're going to mess them up.

Emerald Youth Program.- No comment there. I mean, I know there are some upset parents about this but they EA still get players out..

I disagree with you, many high school coaches stat that they invest in the youth league programs but they're a lie!!! The only high school coaches that I've ever saw at a youth league game are Central and Powell coaches. Any other high school coaches don't show up unless the youth league(Super MIdget team) is in the championship game.. So any high school coach can not say they support their youth programs on a regular bases.

Heck most High school coaches don't allow their youth programs to use their fields because they feel they're going to mess them up.

Emerald Youth Program.- No comment there. I mean, I know there are some upset parents about this but they EA still get players out..

Point proven and supporting your youth programs is not the case trust me...and so when a kid is promised something over and over they will take and I know one they promised last year and it did not come true in the middle school ranks and is going to central...as far as those inner city programs that is probably a little different but those programs were never around when I played and this stuff never happened with recruiting...so those programs are recruiting for someone and one of the programs is recruiting for Powell...son that is a whole different story.