Oak Ridge!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How good do you all see Oak ridge being with new coach? Do they have a good year this year or does it take a few years?

With a good coach, and I believe that we have one, I expect us to win seven games (if we beat Farragut, Maryville, or Clinton, that would be a bonus). That number should increase in future years.

We will be good, not great, but anything will be a improvement. We have a great coach and we will have a pretty solid team this fall. In a few years from now I think we will be competing for the state again.

I believe the cats graduated a large senior class but with the new coach coming in I would expect some more of the athletes to come out for football and I'd say Oak Ridge surprises some this coming season. I'd give them 7 wins for sure, maybe 8 or 9.

I will say with discipline that you will have under the new coach and you know more players will come out OR will win no less than 7 games this fall and will be back to glory days really soon! Hope the best for the OR family its always nice to see a program rise up to where it used to be and where it should be!

OR will do better than most people think, coming off a disappointing season last year

i think OR will win at least one against Clinton, Maryville, or Farragut

Coach Blade will bring a much more discipline attitude to the team, which will be great for the guys

Why do think that? Were they discipline at Hillsboro or athletic as heck. Because I hear the latter. I guess winning brings about discipline. Was Joe Gaddis program discipline when he coached at Oak Ridge? Someone told me to ask that. Both questions I am not implying nothing. I am just debating with my buddy from Nashville and I just want to get some thought. I hear Oak Rige is having organized QB and WR throwing with the coaches. I don't know if that is legal or not. Once again I hear this. I don't really care because I hear everybody does it. But my buddy tells me. I think his son plays for Hunters lane and he is just jealous. Get back on top Cats. Cardinal and Grey is back to stay!!!!!

Please beat Clinton. Stanton you my boy and all but darn you have to beat Clinton and Beat Farragut. Maybe you can go and help Graham out at AE, you did give him a shot. Lol

Why do think that? Were they discipline at Hillsboro or athletic as heck. Because I hear the latter. I guess winning brings about discipline. Was Joe Gaddis program discipline when he coached at Oak Ridge? Someone told me to ask that. Both questions I am not implying nothing. I am just debating with my buddy from Nashville and I just want to get some thought. I hear Oak Rige is having organized QB and WR throwing with the coaches. I don't know if that is legal or not. Once again I hear this. I don't really care because I hear everybody does it. But my buddy tells me. I think his son plays for Hunters lane and he is just jealous. Get back on top Cats. Cardinal and Grey is back to stay!!!!!

Please beat Clinton. Stanton you my boy and all but darn you have to beat Clinton and Beat Farragut. Maybe you can go and help Graham out at AE, you did give him a shot. Lol

I know Gaddis and I know a couple of people who know Blade. First of all, Hillsboro was "athletic as heck" but very well coached. Hillsboro did not win with discipline being their strong suit, but lack of it didn't get them beat either. Gaddis was not a "stern" disciplinarian but had the discipline to win a bunch of games. Gaddis gave his assistants much more responsibilty than Blade does. Blade is a more "no nonsense" type of guy than Gaddis. Gaddis is more outwardly enthusiastic than Blade. Gaddis was what we needed when he arrived in 1988, and Blade is exactly what we need at this time in our history. I look for big things in the future of our program. I hope Blade stays a while.

I would say beating GQ & Maryville took a lot more than Athletes.

I know Gaddis and I know a couple of people who know Blade. First of all, Hillsboro was "athletic as heck" but very well coached. Hillsboro did not win with discipline being their strong suit, but lack of it didn't get them beat either. Gaddis was not a "stern" disciplinarian but had the discipline to win a bunch of games. Gaddis gave his assistants much more responsibilty than Blade does. Blade is a more "no nonsense" type of guy than Gaddis. Gaddis is more outwardly enthusiastic than Blade. Gaddis was what we needed when he arrived in 1988, and Blade is exactly what we need at this time in our history. I look for big things in the future of our program. I hope Blade stays a while.

I agree.

OR will do better than most people think, coming off a disappointing season last year

i think OR will win at least one against Clinton, Maryville, or Farragut

Coach Blade will bring a much more discipline attitude to the team, which will be great for the guys

I agree with the last statement. Coach Blade is a great coach. It's simple mathematics--the man has produced much higher numbers in the W column than the L column.

I, however, disagree with the earlier statement. I don't see OR beating any of those three teams. I also see them losing to at least one other 5A team in their district. Oak Ridge will be good, don't get me wrong, but I think it will take more time than some may think. Good luck to all involved.

I agree with the last statement. Coach Blade is a great coach. It's simple mathematics--the man has produced much higher numbers in the W column than the L column.

I, however, disagree with the earlier statement. I don't see OR beating any of those three teams. I also see them losing to at least one other 5A team in their district. Oak Ridge will be good, don't get me wrong, but I think it will take more time than some may think. Good luck to all involved.

You may be right about this next season, but I have a great feeling about our future. I say we will upset one of the teams most think we shouldn't beat, but we may lose a game that most think we should win. I will say that we will be 7-3, and win a playoff game, and finish 8-4.