Lebanon vs. Cookeville

droppinbombs09

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is one thing lebanon's coach has done well at this year is he has kept the same lineup the entire season. in previous years he has moved ppl around a lot when they struggle and so forth but with nine seniors this year, keeping them in a solidified spot has kept the players confident. lebanon still has not hit to their full potential. so far its been at different times some will struggle, and others will pick them up. but if that whole lineup can start hitting each and every game, then look out. there will be even more runs scored then they score already.

I agree, he sure didn't play his best nine tonight. He changes pitchers way too often. He doesn't even give most of them a chance. They can walk one kid, or give up one run and he is jerking them out. I thought DH's were supposed to be good hitters. He continuously leaves this boy in and he is not producing. The same with his catcher. Chaffin's got talent on his team, but he worries too much about making a few of the Dad's mad, so he plays their boys way too much, and leaves his better players hanging in the wind. He plays as many sopomores, as he does juniors and seniors and it isn't fair for them. Oh well, but that is Chaffin. Some things never change!

Shoot! He better worry b/c that is why the last quality coach left you guys. That's the problem with high school sports. Parents get way too envolved, instead of being there to help, they try to coach. All is well for a coach until they start losing. Win you're a genious. Lose and you're the village idiot. It is very easy to say what you would do after a game is over. Plus this isn't college or the pros where the coaches are getting paid more than the president. So cut coaches a break! Most high school coaches get paid something like .01 an hour when you add up all the time they put in to coaching the kids. Plus not to mention the time they sacrifice from their own families to spend time coaching your kids for that amazing pay! They give up a lot to spend time with your kids. The least you could do is support them come heck or high water but that just isn't the way it is anymore. Win you stay for a while and lose and it is time for you to find a new job. Let's put this into perspective for parents that like to size up coaches jobs. That's fine and dandy as long as you return that favor and let the coach come to your place of work and let him follow you around and then at the end of the day tell you his opinion of what you did wrong and what you could have done better. This is about the same thing and i don't think anyone would want a monkey on their shoulder while they are at work. If you want a job coaching that is great! Go back to college and get a bs in education, or just apply for a high school coaching job, or go try your hand at the local babe ruth league! Wait a minute......That is where most of these dad critics come from.....The local Babe Ruth League......I stand corrected anyone who coaches Babe Ruth has every right to criticize a high school coach!!!!!!!! Babe Ruth Coaches are baseball GURU'S!!!!!!!!!

Seriously! lay off the coaches and teach your sons and daughters to be team players no matter winning or losing. That way they'll be more productive citizens one day. heck it's just a game, let the coachs coach and the kids PLAY.

yeah i mean he leads yall to a district championship last year, and then this year you aren't getting perfection so you are gonna take it out on him. Chaffin is a great coach and knows the game all around. cut him a break and support the players put on the field, cause i guarantee you they are the best nine guys.