7AAA

coachof3

I was not there but did Riverdale pack it in when they were up 2-0 or keep playing the way that got them to 2-0? It seems that when they go up in the past they forget to play offence other than fast breaks or cleared balls. I only say it because they usually do it early after taking the lead instead of late to save the lead.

I think it was more a case of Columbia picking up their play than Riverdale packing it in. Riverdale still had their share of offensive opportunities and nearly made it 3-0 early in the second half, but Columbias defense played well. It seemed like Riverdale just tried to clear everything instead of controlling and passing to get the ball out of their zone. I expect them to rebound today and give Cleveland a great game.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Columbia was the underdog in their District tourni.

The way i see it, there defence is amazing and keeping the goals off,

There offence needs to make a step up,

Despite their offence not being as productive as others, heart is what this team seems to be thriving on,

Riverdale played hard, but Columbia was well more in shape, and prepared for the second half.

Columbia has a game tomarrow at 7:00pm. I can see the score being 2-1. Columbia

Arman has the hardest conditioning period of any team I've seen. We weren't tired, we just didn't get the ball out of our half in the second half and they punished us with goals.

Wow, what a turnout of events over the last couple of weeks! Although no teams from the 7AAA district advance to the state tournament this year, we can always hope for the years ahead due to bright futures of all the teams. Riverdale, Siegel, Oakland and Blackman all have tremendous young potential that will hopefully shine in the coming years. All teams will suffer from the loss of outstanding seniors (or an exchange student or 2) which will make the future more interesting and unpredictable. Any last thoughts of the great season this year or the future of 7AAA as we enter state?

(and a BIG congrats to Columbia! Represent the region proud!)