Mt. Juliet Lady Bears

ballfan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is up with the Lady Bears softball team this year? I am hearing several things going around about this team and coach! I've heard several parents complaining about the coach! What is going on in MJ town?

I've seen them play a couple of times. MJ is just young, they graduated so many players the last couple of years. The coach is still good, she was pretty good last year with all those good players, she is still good, just has a bunch of young players that will keep getting better.

I have to agree... Everyone can pick apart coaching styles but when you compare MJ's coach to most out there she's a good coach and fund raising is never a popular subject, especially with a new field. This team is young and still contending which is impressive in itself, every contest they have lost has been close and hard fought against some tough teams. They graduated 8 seniors, almost all with scholarships. Those are some tough shoes to fill, especially with Freshmen.

The Central game was an evenly matched contest with Central pulling it out on 2 key errors. I would say the upcoming game at MJ on Tuesday will be another hard fought contest. If MJ wins they will be right back in it as WC hasn't yet played anyone with any clout (Beech).

What is up with the Lady Bears softball team this year? I am hearing several things going around about this team and coach! I've heard several parents complaining about the coach! What is going on in MJ town?

Mt. Juliet is a young team filled with lots of talent. They may be going through growing pains, they will always be a powerhouse. When a team is down everyone wants to blame it on the coach, but when they are winning, the coach is a hero - same coach, different circumstances. It happens all of the time.

Mt. Juliet is a young team filled with lots of talent. They may be going through growing pains, they will always be a powerhouse. When a team is down everyone wants to blame it on the coach, but when they are winning, the coach is a hero - same coach, different circumstances. It happens all of the time.

While everyone would agree Mt.Juliet is a young team, the question remains does the coach have a clue? I am not a fan of hers so would not be fair for me to say all that I disagree with..... I will make one point here and leave it at that, Goodpasture, Soddy Daisy, etc... they still graduate players and continue to find ways to win!!! I predict this program will hit rock bottom within the next few years, they have a talented freshmen class but will they stay???? Hearing alot of talk about some of the key Freshmen moving to private schools to get away from MJ....

While everyone would agree Mt.Juliet is a young team, the question remains does the coach have a clue? I am not a fan of hers so would not be fair for me to say all that I disagree with..... I will make one point here and leave it at that, Goodpasture, Soddy Daisy, etc... they still graduate players and continue to find ways to win!!! I predict this program will hit rock bottom within the next few years, they have a talented freshmen class but will they stay???? Hearing alot of talk about some of the key Freshmen moving to private schools to get away from MJ....

Coach Pedigo isn't the problem. She is a very, very good coach. There are some parents who have always gotten their way for their little darlings in middle school and travel ball. Coach Pedigo doesn't play that game and there are some parents who can't live with that. If some girls leave it will be addition by subtraction, if you know what I mean. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Coach Pedigo isn't the problem. She is a very, very good coach. There are some parents who have always gotten their way for their little darlings in middle school and travel ball. Coach Pedigo doesn't play that game and there are some parents who can't live with that. If some girls leave it will be addition by subtraction, if you know what I mean. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Very Very Good Coach????? Not sure about that one, have not seen the best nine on the field yet or in the line-up... Not sure how that would qulify one as being a Very Good coach, but if you say so... Pedigo's ineptness as a coach has been hidden by some of the most talented players in the state. Didn't take Mike Candrea to take Merrick Martin, Hannah Irwin, Kenzie Roark, Ashley Taylor, Karli Rush etc... to the State, but to take them twice and come away as runner-up to a less talented Soddy Daisy team.... You be the judge

More trouble in the DEN tonight.... Central made the Bears look like Cubs and swept them for the season!!!

I have to agree... Everyone can pick apart coaching styles but when you compare MJ's coach to most out there she's a good coach and fund raising is never a popular subject, especially with a new field. This team is young and still contending which is impressive in itself, every contest they have lost has been close and hard fought against some tough teams. They graduated 8 seniors, almost all with scholarships. Those are some tough shoes to fill, especially with Freshmen.

The Central game was an evenly matched contest with Central pulling it out on 2 key errors. I would say the upcoming game at MJ on Tuesday will be another hard fought contest. If MJ wins they will be right back in it as WC hasn't yet played anyone with any clout (Beech).

Coach Cap was right, it was an entirely different game! Read the Democrat......might want to get a lottery ticket!

Wow. I smell a disgruntle parent. I don't know the coach personally but if you've been in SB very long you've heard that she is hard nosed, disciplined and no hint of daddy ball going to take place.

I think everyone knew it was going to be a trying year after all that talent graduated. To compare them with the schools that were mentioned, you cant. GP is private - HUGE difference - plus they only lost one scholarship level softball player, not more than half the team. Soddys numbers were close to that.

I firmly believe if lifetimebear isn't happy with the program or if their kid isn't getting the time or position they want, they should transfer. Lifes short - you can move on to another softball program and be disgruntle there.

Wow. I smell a disgruntle parent. I don't know the coach personally but if you've been in SB very long you've heard that she is hard nosed, disciplined and no hint of daddy ball going to take place.

I think everyone knew it was going to be a trying year after all that talent graduated. To compare them with the schools that were mentioned, you cant. GP is private - HUGE difference - plus they only lost one scholarship level softball player, not more than half the team. Soddys numbers were close to that.

I firmly believe if lifetimebear isn't happy with the program or if their kid isn't getting the time or position they want, they should transfer. Lifes short - you can move on to another softball program and be disgruntle there.

+1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />