Babe Ruth Coaches

This is my first post. I wasn't never planning on posting anything, but I read something the other day that really ticked me off. Yeah, SlingBlade7, I didn't like the way that you referred to Babe Ruth Coaches as "Guru's" and the way that you were bad-mouthing the Dad's for being Babe Ruth Coaches. I don't no what a Guru is, but it was very sarcastic in the way that you said it. Not all BR coaches have sons playing in the league. I have been a BR coach for the past 18 years and I have no sons, but I do have great respect for the Dad's also that do it. We spend every summer with these boys, and do it for FREEEEE!!!!! We do it for our love for the boys and the game of baseball. I myself coach Babe Ruth, because I look at it as a honor and a privilege, and don't expect anything in return, except hoping my boys have fun each summer. You high school coaches ought to commend us Babe Ruth coaches, instead of bad-mouthing us, for giving your boys the extra practice and playing every summer to make them become better ball players for your high school teams.

Also, and I guess it was alright for you guys to get on there and get your digs in about that Coach Chaffin, saying, well is he going to play his worst nine or best nine? and then you coming back with "yeah it could go Good, Bad, Good, OK, Good, Bad, Good, Great, or Best and yeah with him you never know" Seems to me like you all don't think he is that great either, kinda like you think this coach really don't think he knows what he is doing. So don't get mad, and get your shots in with the other people that also want to say things. Just like the one person said you don't see and know everything that goes on behind the scene. "Remember That"

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me ask you this when it comes to the babe ruth coach comment....do you not think there is a difference between a amature coach and a professional coach...the amautre coach is doing it on a volunteer bases practice maybe 2 times a week and go out and have fun...wheras the high school coach has a practice everyday preparing his team to win a championship with hopefully the 40 best kids in that high school that come out to play and then be able to cut the swings down so that they can hit high school pitching and then teaching cuts and double cuts and backing up and all of the other "little"ins and outs of the game so that their team is prepared because they are not they wont have JOB next year? Do you not think there is a difference there?

wHILE BABE RUTH AND LITTLE LEAGUE coaches (i was one of them just T ball though)are important and needed so that the kids have somewhere to play i think the knowledge and training for a high school coach is a little more in depth than any training i got for coaching and im guessing that they also get more training than all of you other babe ruth and little league coaches

p.s Mr limbaugh is not a coach

This is my first post. I wasn't never planning on posting anything, but I read something the other day that really ticked me off. Yeah, davidlimbaugh, ...

I never said the first word about any babe ruth coach - anywhere - you have me confused with someone else!

I noticed you went backed and deleted what you said, because you knew that you were out of line, and shut down further comments on that topic

I didn't delete a thing. I didn't type anything that needed deleting - I closed the post because nothing more good could come from someone airing out Cookeville's budget and other information.

Coach Chaffin is a great coach and a good friend of mine - I was saying that tongue in cheek in reference to some of his detractors in Cookeville. It sounds like you need to read some posts and who said what before you post yourself on here.

Check out http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...194226&st=0 I am not the one referring to Babe Ruth coaches.

Some of my best friends coach at the little league and babe ruth level.

This is my first post. I wasn't never planning on posting anything, but I read something the other day that really ticked me off. Yeah, davidlimbaugh, I am referring to you and what you said about Babe Ruth coaches. You seem to be a top dog on here, so I couldn't believe that you of all people would refer Babe Ruth Coaches as "Guru's" and the way that you were bad-mouthing the Dad's for being Babe Ruth Coaches. I don't no what a Guru is, but it was very sarcastic in the way that you said it. Not all BR coaches have sons playing in the league. I have been a BR coach for the past 18 years and I have no sons, but I do have great respect for the Dad's also that do it. We spend every summer with these boys, and do it for FREEEEE!!!!! We do it for our love for the boys and the game of baseball. I myself coach Babe Ruth, because I look at it as a honor and a privilege, and don't expect anything in return, except hoping my boys have fun each summer. I noticed you went backed and deleted what you said, because you knew that you were out of line, and shut down further comments on that topic. You high school coaches ought to commend us Babe Ruth coaches, instead of bad-mouthing us, for giving your boys the extra practice and playing every summer to make them become better ball players for your high school teams.

Also, and I guess it was alright for you high school guys on there to get your digs in about that Coach Chaffin, saying, well is he going to play his worst nine or best nine? and then you coming back with "yeah it could go Good, Bad, Good, OK, Good, Bad, Good, Great, or Best and yeah with him you never know" Seems to me like you all don't think he is that great either, kinda like you think this coach really don't think he knows what he is doing. So don't get mad, and get your shots in with the other people that also want to say things. Just like the one person said you don't see and know everything that goes on behind the scene. "Remember That"

yeah you listen to david he can be a real big life saver on here im sure that he wouldn't do anything wrong or hurt anyones feeling and plus this is the internet anyone can post anything about anything on here and it may not truely be them so simerdown there my friend its only a post! no harm done! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is my first post. I wasn't never planning on posting anything, but I read something the other day that really ticked me off. Yeah, davidlimbaugh, I am referring to you and what you said about Babe Ruth coaches. You seem to be a top dog on here, so I couldn't believe that you of all people would refer Babe Ruth Coaches as "Guru's" and the way that you were bad-mouthing the Dad's for being Babe Ruth Coaches. I don't no what a Guru is, but it was very sarcastic in the way that you said it. Not all BR coaches have sons playing in the league. I have been a BR coach for the past 18 years and I have no sons, but I do have great respect for the Dad's also that do it. We spend every summer with these boys, and do it for FREEEEE!!!!! We do it for our love for the boys and the game of baseball. I myself coach Babe Ruth, because I look at it as a honor and a privilege, and don't expect anything in return, except hoping my boys have fun each summer. I noticed you went backed and deleted what you said, because you knew that you were out of line, and shut down further comments on that topic. You high school coaches ought to commend us Babe Ruth coaches, instead of bad-mouthing us, for giving your boys the extra practice and playing every summer to make them become better ball players for your high school teams.

Also, and I guess it was alright for you high school guys on there to get your digs in about that Coach Chaffin, saying, well is he going to play his worst nine or best nine? and then you coming back with "yeah it could go Good, Bad, Good, OK, Good, Bad, Good, Great, or Best and yeah with him you never know" Seems to me like you all don't think he is that great either, kinda like you think this coach really don't think he knows what he is doing. So don't get mad, and get your shots in with the other people that also want to say things. Just like the one person said you don't see and know everything that goes on behind the scene. "Remember That"

You need to make sure you read who wrote what posts before blasting anybody. Limbaugh said not the first bad thing about Babe Ruth coaches. I am the one that mentioned Chaffin playing his "best nine or worst nine." That was not a dig at Chaffin, but at people that get on here and try and blast one of the best coaches in the state (Chaffin), always second guessing his lineup. I am not a high school coach. I run a summer team and do it for FREEEE!!!!! Not many other summer programs can claim this and we are proud to do it also, so my hats off to you for volunteering your time with your Babe Ruth team. Limbaugh's version of the lineup was done with the same purpose of my "best nine or worst nine." I am the one that also mentioned the things that go on behind the scenes. However, Cookeville's baseball budget had no reason to be posted on CoachT, just like your salary at work, or mine does not need to be posted on here. Just some friendly advice. You might want to make sure you have who posted what and exactly what it is, before just scanning key words or reading the Cliff Notes and coming on here accusing Limbaugh or anybody else of posting things they did not post.

let me ask you this when it comes to the babe ruth coach comment....do you not think there is a difference between a amature coach and a professional coach...the amautre coach is doing it on a volunteer bases practice maybe 2 times a week and go out and have fun...wheras the high school coach has a practice everyday preparing his team to win a championship with hopefully the 40 best kids in that high school that come out to play and then be able to cut the swings down so that they can hit high school pitching and then teaching cuts and double cuts and backing up and all of the other "little"ins and outs of the game so that their team is prepared because they are not they wont have JOB next year? Do you not think there is a difference there?

wHILE BABE RUTH AND LITTLE LEAGUE coaches (i was one of them just T ball though)are important and needed so that the kids have somewhere to play i think the knowledge and training for a high school coach is a little more in depth than any training i got for coaching and im guessing that they also get more training than all of you other babe ruth and little league coaches

p.s Mr limbaugh is not a coach

Yes. There is a difference between Amateur (volunteer) and Professional (paid).............but just because a coach is paid by a school system doesn't make them automatically a better coach.

If a Professional (High School Coach) has good talent; he really should thank the Volunteer Coaches his players had early on.

In my area, I coached over half of the High School team at some time during their baseball career, and I'm DURN PROUD of each one of them. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I never said the first word about any babe ruth coach - anywhere - you have me confused with someone else!

I didn't delete a thing. I didn't type anything that needed deleting - I closed the post because nothing more good could come from someone airing out Cookeville's budget and other information.

Coach Chaffin is a great coach and a good friend of mine - I was saying that tongue in cheek in reference to some of his detractors in Cookeville. It sounds like you need to read some posts and who said what before you post yourself on here.

Check out http://tennessee.coacht.com/boards/index.p...194226&st=0 I am not the one referring to Babe Ruth coaches.

Some of my best friends coach at the little league and babe ruth level.

So, why didn't you have something to say about SlingBlade7's crude remarks about Babe Ruth coaches?

I do apologize, and no is wasn't deleted, and it wasn't you. It was a SlingBlade7. I went back and corrected the name in my post, but for everything else I stand corrected on.

None of his detractors, as you call them, had said anything about this coach at that point. Sounds to me like you people were trying to get something started. If this coach is a good friend of yours, like you say he is, you would'nt be trying to get the Cookeville people to talk about him. I have noticed that pattern!!!

Yes. There is a difference between Amateur (volunteer) and Professional (paid).............but just because a coach is paid by a school system doesn't make them automatically a better coach.

If a Professional (High School Coach) has good talent; he really should thank the Volunteer Coaches his players had early on.

In my area, I coached over half of the High School team at some time during their baseball career, and I'm DURN PROUD of each one of them. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My point exactly!!!!

I Thank You

You need to make sure you read who wrote what posts before blasting anybody. Limbaugh said not the first bad thing about Babe Ruth coaches. I am the one that mentioned Chaffin playing his "best nine or worst nine." That was not a dig at Chaffin, but at people that get on here and try and blast one of the best coaches in the state (Chaffin), always second guessing his lineup. I am not a high school coach. I run a summer team and do it for FREEEE!!!!! Not many other summer programs can claim this and we are proud to do it also, so my hats off to you for volunteering your time with your Babe Ruth team. Limbaugh's version of the lineup was done with the same purpose of my "best nine or worst nine." I am the one that also mentioned the things that go on behind the scenes. However, Cookeville's baseball budget had no reason to be posted on CoachT, just like your salary at work, or mine does not need to be posted on here. Just some friendly advice. You might want to make sure you have who posted what and exactly what it is, before just scanning key words or reading the Cliff Notes and coming on here accusing Limbaugh or anybody else of posting things they did not post.

If that wasn't a dig, than what do you call it? Seems to me you were second guessing his line up, "best nine or worst nine, what does that mean? Oh, so I get it, you were also trying to get these Cookeville people started on him. Yeah, definitely a pattern here. Oh, and by the way, I am a teacher, so yes my salary is public record, just like public officials are also. So, if these parents think that their budget is too high, than they have a right to say something. They are the ones paying for it all. If it weren't for the parents there would be no baseball team. Have you forgot how times are hard right now, the economy is bad, budgets and cuts are everywhere. Major cuts in my school system too. Some of these parents may have lost their jobs, so I can see why this baseball budget might needs some cuts also, but lets don't think about the parents here, just the coaches and what they want. I am not a Cookeville person, but I can kinda see why they get aggravated at you people.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe since they deal with this Coach Chaffin on a consistant basis, they may know him a little better than you do, knowing things behind the scenes, that's what the tromo person said. I was talking about what he said, not you.

None of his detractors, as you call them, had said anything about this coach at that point. Sounds to me like you people were trying to get something started. If this coach is a good friend of yours, like you say he is, you would'nt be trying to get the Cookeville people to talk about him. I have noticed that pattern!!!

No, you haven't.

There has been a handful of Coach Chaffin 'bashers' on here for years.

I became aware of it a few years ago during a summer tournament when someone remarked to someone else how Coach Chaffin played favorites, that their son should be the starting 3rd baseman but Coach Chaffin liked the other third baseman better so he got to play.

That other third baseman, Coach Chaffin's 'favorite'? Reeder named A-Sun Player of the Week, Bo Reeder.

Here is Bo's bio: Baseball - Player Bio Bo Reeder

That told me all I needed to know about the talent judging level of some of Coach Chaffin's fans... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of us here are just trying to provide some levity and trying to illustrate how off some peoples' views may be.

I suggest you go back to some old threads and look at the context of some of our remarks. But from the tone of your posts and some of your comments, I am afraid you have already formed some opinions and plan to stick to them. I hope that is not the case.

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you and your Babe Ruth team has a great season...