Babe Ruth Coaches

No, you haven't.

There has been a handful of Coach Chaffin 'bashers' on here for years.

I became aware of it a few years ago during a summer tournament when someone remarked to someone else how Coach Chaffin played favorites, that their son should be the starting 3rd baseman but Coach Chaffin liked the other third baseman better so he got to play.

That other third baseman, Coach Chaffin's 'favorite'? Reeder named A-Sun Player of the Week, Bo Reeder.

Here is Bo's bio: Baseball - Player Bio Bo Reeder

That told me all I needed to know about the talent judging level of some of Coach Chaffin's fans... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Some of us here are just trying to provide some levity and trying to illustrate how off some peoples' views may be.

I suggest you go back to some old threads and look at the context of some of our remarks. But from the tone of your posts and some of your comments, I am afraid you have already formed some opinions and plan to stick to them. I hope that is not the case.

I hope the Easter Bunny was good to you and your Babe Ruth team has a great season...

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my first post (which you can probably tell since I flubbed my first attempt) but I could no longer stand to not respond to some of the post on this forum. First let me say that I am from Cookeville. To some of the others from Cookeville that post items such as their frustrations with budget issues, please don't air our dirty laundry here. If you have legitmate concerns please voice them in our booster meetings as you had the opportunity to do so. As for Coach Chaffin, I may not agree with his every decision but since his baseball resume is far more extensive then mine, I give him the benefit of the doubt. No good for our kids or our program can come from constantly bashing our coach. It only makes us look silly to the rest of the baseball world.

This is my first post (which you can probably tell since I flubbed my first attempt) but I could no longer stand to not respond to some of the post on this forum. First let me say that I am from Cookeville. To some of the others from Cookeville that post items such as their frustrations with budget issues, please don't air our dirty laundry here. If you have legitmate concerns please voice them in our booster meetings as you had the opportunity to do so. As for Coach Chaffin, I may not agree with his every decision but since his baseball resume is far more extensive then mine, I give him the benefit of the doubt. No good for our kids or our program can come from constantly bashing our coach. It only makes us look silly to the rest of the baseball world.

No, I'm not a Cookeville person. I was upset by the comment made about Babe Ruth coaches. These guys did not lash out at him for his remarks. Just seemed they were all too quick to jump on the Cookeville people.

No, I'm not a Cookeville person. I was upset by the comment made about Babe Ruth coaches. These guys did not lash out at him for his remarks. Just seemed they were all too quick to jump on the Cookeville people.

The topic was Lebanon vs Cookeville - and it already evolved to Cookeville's budget - no need to turn it into a babe ruth coaching discussion /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Yes. There is a difference between Amateur (volunteer) and Professional (paid).............but just because a coach is paid by a school system doesn't make them automatically a better coach.

If a Professional (High School Coach) has good talent; he really should thank the Volunteer Coaches his players had early on.

In my area, I coached over half of the High School team at some time during their baseball career, and I'm DURN PROUD of each one of them. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I would venture to say that "Most" players look back on their Rec./Travel/ Babe Ruth/LL days, and the coaches who helped them as their most enjoyable time in baseball. Games were "FUN" without the constant pressure of having to preform. I know my boy (Sophmore) still speaks with fond memories of his younger day coaches. In most cases, if you coached you've made a friend for life.

I would venture to say that "Most" players look back on their Rec./Travel/ Babe Ruth/LL days, and the coaches who helped them as their most enjoyable time in baseball. Games were "FUN" without the constant pressure of having to preform. I know my boy (Sophmore) still speaks with fond memories of his younger day coaches. In most cases, if you coached you've made a friend for life.

Rennie Ellett - my little league coach when I was 10 - when I was 12 and my father passed away he came and picked my friends and myself up and took us to the ballfield to play ball....

The topic was Lebanon vs Cookeville - and it already evolved to Cookeville's budget - no need to turn it into a babe ruth coaching discussion /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

SlingBlade7 turned the Lebanon vs. Cookeville topic into a Babe Ruth discussion when he had to bad-mouth the Babe Ruth Coaches like he did, but unfortunately that topic got closed, so I had to start a new one.

Oh, but this topic is Babe Ruth Coaches. You turned in back into the Lebanon vs. Cookeville topic. Did you forget what topic you were on?

Rennie Ellett - my little league coach when I was 10 - when I was 12 and my father passed away he came and picked my friends and myself up and took us to the ballfield to play ball....

Seeing the better players you coached as youngsters have sucess in HS and college makes me,as a LL coach feel very proud. But having the #12 boy on the roster,who only played the "minimum" and never played again, come up and talk to me at the local Walmart and call me "Coach" might make me feel even better. You CAN make a difference in a young boy or girls life as a coach,despite what some parents think.

Oh, but this topic is Babe Ruth Coaches. You turned in back into the Lebanon vs. Cookeville topic. Did you forget what topic you were on?

Dude, what is your deal? Have you met Limbaugh? Why don't you go to a Riverdale game, ask to talk to Limbaugh and then be a jerk to his face. I could care less about your comments towards me, but Limbaugh is one of the most giving and caring people I have ever met. Not to mention if you end up not liking him, you can reserve a table for one for that club, cause you are the charter member and only member that many of us know. You have taken a couple of posts that were poking fun at people that constantly second guess Coach Chaffin's coaching ability and somehow misunderstood or twisted in your head to be against Babe Ruth coaches and taken it personal. There are many fine people in Cookeville, including Babe Ruth coaches that I don't believe Limbaugh said anything negative about. (If you can find the post, paste it and I will be proved wrong.) There seem to be a few that like to get on here and bash the coach. To spell it out for you, when I made my "best 9 or worst 9" comment, it was poking fun at the people that do get on here and constantly second guess Chaffin. I like Chaffin and he knew it was joking around on our end. Just like Limbaughs lineup that had good, bad, better, best.....etc. for the batting order, it was a joke. Sorry you don't get it. I said all that to say this. Limbaugh, nor myself have anything against Babe Ruth coaches or Coach Chaffin. As I mentioned before, I too, get paid not a dime to run our summer program, so my hats off to you. oldbones, I believe it was you that posted about not airing dirty laundry referencing the baseball budget. Great point! Well said and straight to the point. Happy Easter to all!!!

Dude, what is your deal? Have you met Limbaugh? Why don't you go to a Riverdale game, ask to talk to Limbaugh and then be a jerk to his face. I could care less about your comments towards me, but Limbaugh is one of the most giving and caring people I have ever met. Not to mention if you end up not liking him, you can reserve a table for one for that club, cause you are the charter member and only member that many of us know. You have taken a couple of posts that were poking fun at people that constantly second guess Coach Chaffin's coaching ability and somehow misunderstood or twisted in your head to be against Babe Ruth coaches and taken it personal. There are many fine people in Cookeville, including Babe Ruth coaches that I don't believe Limbaugh said anything negative about. (If you can find the post, paste it and I will be proved wrong.) There seem to be a few that like to get on here and bash the coach. To spell it out for you, when I made my "best 9 or worst 9" comment, it was poking fun at the people that do get on here and constantly second guess Chaffin. I like Chaffin and he knew it was joking around on our end. Just like Limbaughs lineup that had good, bad, better, best.....etc. for the batting order, it was a joke. Sorry you don't get it. I said all that to say this. Limbaugh, nor myself have anything against Babe Ruth coaches or Coach Chaffin. As I mentioned before, I too, get paid not a dime to run our summer program, so my hats off to you. oldbones, I believe it was you that posted about not airing dirty laundry referencing the baseball budget. Great point! Well said and straight to the point. Happy Easter to all!!!

DUDE, I believe I already apologized to limbaugh, and no I believe I 'll stay where I'm out, and my point again - let's keep going back to Lebanon vs. Cookeville. This stuff has already been talked about. I think you fellows need to get a life, and stay off of coacht, it's really getting to your head!!!!