Alcoa starter's and playmaker's for 2009

cub3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They'll have plenty of traction when Alcoa turns Fulton's field into a track meet this season! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BC.

Thanks. I'm sure they will. Probably won't be like either of the last two. Somewhere in between with Alcoa on top, but then again Falcons at home, and the whole Thursday Night Game could help the Birds. Nevermind, I think the last televised night game at Bob Black between these two was the 06 thumping.Sykes, Martin, Hicks, Lanxter, Lindsey, etc. Cleveland?

ruse?

BC.

Thanks. I'm sure they will. Probably won't be like either of the last two. Somewhere in between with Alcoa on top, but then again Falcons at home, and the whole Thursday Night Game could help the Birds. Nevermind, I think the last televised night game at Bob Black between these two was the 06 thumping.Sykes, Martin, Hicks, Lanxter, Lindsey, etc. Cleveland?

ruse?

Yep....remember it well. `2005. Mark Packer was announcing the game for CSS. I was sitting in the stands right below him. Before the game, he was really talking up the defending 3A states champs. I was thinking....wow, Alcoa does not have a chance after listen to his game "break down". BUT.......Fulton's line could not slow Warren and Sykes at all. Freshman Jock Stinett had Brandon in his face all night. Dennis Rogan could not even get out of the back field. I loved it. 48-6.....what a butt kicking.

The following year `2006 was to this day one of the best games I have watched. Dennis Rogan put that team on his back and was not going to be stopped in the third and fourth quarter. Close game, but a 24-21 win for Fulton. That was a great State Championship Falcon team.

Yep....remember it well. `2005. Mark Packer was announcing the game for CSS. I was sitting in the stands right below him. Before the game, he was really talking up the defending 3A states champs. I was thinking....wow, Alcoa does not have a chance after listen to his game "break down". BUT.......Fulton's line could not slow Warren and Sykes at all. Freshman Jock Stinett had Brandon in his face all night. Dennis Rogan could not even get out of the back field. I loved it. 48-6.....what a butt kicking.

The following year `2006 was to this day one of the best games I have watched. Dennis Rogan put that team on his back and was not going to be stopped in the third and fourth quarter. Close game, but a 24-21 win for Fulton. That was a great State Championship Falcon team.

Yup, little screen pass right before the end of the 1st 1/2 to Rogan set the tone for the rest of it. Have to say that Dennis Freeny was the difference that night though. Laid a couple of NASTY hits on Lanxter, and a good punt return. Really thought Alcoa was going to roll early when Sykes got off fast with a couple of sacks. Cleveland?

ruse?

Yes the 2005 game was ugly but lets consider that Fulton just that day about 1 hour before kickoff had just kicked the QB off team and that put a Freshman Jock Stinson in as starter .. Falcons threw I think 5 INTS and 4 were returned for TD's .. would Alcoa have won with all the talent yes but Alcoa's offense didnt have a great day .. of course they didnt have too with Fultons freshman QB throwing to the wrong marroon jerseys ... the 2006 game was one of best I have seen .. Aloca started strong with Sykes causing havic .. Falcons got the big play from Rogan at half and then Falocns OL took over in 4th qtr with some big plays from Rogan and Freeney .. Rogan put an absolute great move on Langster fot the TD .. Alcoa was loaded again with Sykes, Cobb, Shiverdecker,Langster, Hicks and Summers .. great game .. this years game Alcoa will be favorite for sure with what they have returning .. Fultons OL and DL's will be suspect again .. that is the only thing holding them back .. not alot of lineman at Fulton these days and you need to be good in the trenches to win big ...

Yes the 2005 game was ugly but lets consider that Fulton just that day about 1 hour before kickoff had just kicked the QB off team and that put a Freshman Jock Stinson in as starter .. Falcons threw I think 5 INTS and 4 were returned for TD's .. would Alcoa have won with all the talent yes but Alcoa's offense didnt have a great day .. of course they didnt have too with Fultons freshman QB throwing to the wrong marroon jerseys ... the 2006 game was one of best I have seen .. Aloca started strong with Sykes causing havic .. Falcons got the big play from Rogan at half and then Falocns OL took over in 4th qtr with some big plays from Rogan and Freeney .. Rogan put an absolute great move on Langster fot the TD .. Alcoa was loaded again with Sykes, Cobb, Shiverdecker,Langster, Hicks and Summers .. great game .. this years game Alcoa will be favorite for sure with what they have returning .. Fultons OL and DL's will be suspect again .. that is the only thing holding them back .. not alot of lineman at Fulton these days and you need to be good in the trenches to win big ...

Yes, can not forget Freeney. He was a playmaker also.........I too look forward to this season's Alcoa/Fulton matchup!

Brandon Warren, Rae Sykes and Dennis Rogan looked great in this years Orange and White game! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Go VOLS!

Look for Tallant to excell at QB, with Taharin Tyson runnin the ball a lot again this year. The Tornadoes get Jaron Toney back also...Defensively Tallant will be knockin heads at safety, with nathaniel robinson, dee herbert, tyler robinson, and so much more coming back. I'm expecting another gold ball for Alcoa this year...Good luck to the Tornadoes, and i'll be in attendance at the spring scrimmages! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

How many Alcoa players will be playing in the SEC this fall? You've got Brandon Warren and Rae Sykes at Tennessee playing on Rocky Top and you've got Randall Cobb and Kyrus Lanxter at Kentucky playing on the Blue Grass.

I expect that big end #89 to join them sometime soon /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hate to read that Hopkey is no longer playing football. If it is because he quit then I will go on record now as saying it is an awful decision. If it is for personal reasons beyond his control then it just goes to show you that there really are more important things in life than athletics.

How many Alcoa players will be playing in the SEC this fall? You've got Brandon Warren and Rae Sykes at Tennessee playing on Rocky Top and you've got Randall Cobb and Kyrus Lanxter at Kentucky playing on the Blue Grass.

I expect that big end #89 to join them sometime soon /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I hate to read that Hopkey is no longer playing football. If it is because he quit then I will go on record now as saying it is an awful decision. If it is for personal reasons beyond his control then it just goes to show you that there really are more important things in life than athletics.

You have them all in the SEC. Others players at Division II Colleges.

Good luck to the Tornadoes, and i'll be in attendance at the spring scrimmages! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

BUTTER ewe better bee thair..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What make's you think that the big tightend will sign with UT.