Alcoa starter's and playmaker's for 2009

cub3

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you ruse?........not heard anything since heading to UT Martin?

Also would like to know how Dustin Lindsey is doing in GA?

Heard he did well this past season @ West GA. The Wolves had a tough year, but will get back on track. I would venture a guess that Lindsey would have liked West GA over Coffeeville. I had also heard Hicks started down the West GA. path but that it did'nt work out. Heard from an old coach last night, asked him about Brian. Said he heard that he was only there a couple of weeks, and he thought that he was out of football. Shame, if true.

ruse?

Heard he did well this past season @ West GA. The Wolves had a tough year, but will get back on track. I would venture a guess that Lindsey would have liked West GA over Coffeeville. I had also heard Hicks started down the West GA. path but that it did'nt work out. Heard from an old coach last night, asked him about Brian. Said he heard that he was only there a couple of weeks, and he thought that he was out of football. Shame, if true.

ruse?

sommer is still at ut martin. he played last season until a shoulder injury forece him to miss the rest of the season and have surgery, the surgery went great and he went through spring practice. he was playing a little with the starters last season before hurting the shoulder and finished the season with only a couple catches. Lindsey is no longer at west georgia. he is back home in alcoa and doesnt really have any plans to go back as of now.

Playmakers for this season, and ones workin hard down in the trenches.

Tyler Robinson

Jaron Toney

Nathaniel Robinson

Marcel Walden

Darryl Warren

Taharin Tyson

Darwin Kerr

Justin Marsh

Austin Tallant

Ryan Stoutt

Dee Herbert

You can't count Ryan Stoutt just yet, I mean what exactly has he done on the field yet?? Not to sure about Nathaniel either the shoulder still bothers him some, but the other guys will be ok and good to go. When Stoutt proves that he can play, then you can add him until he is not a playmaker.

I wouldn't say that Hopkey "quit" find out the whole story and come back...as far as this years Senior class goes, they did not have the bulk of the talent that the underclassmen will have next season. I have known this pretty much since they were in seventh grade that there were maybe a couple of good linemen, but that was about it. (minus the two transfers- TRob and JToney.)

We need some receivers to step up in spring ball, the rest of the positions are pretty much set.

*edit---I didn't mention Dee Herbert before...his leadership is as much of an asset as his football skills.

Ok Well I took your Advice... I found out that he did quit. The same story that he told me the day before our first conditioning workout. Not to say he wasn??™t put on the spot for it. But that been the thing about the whole idea of people talking about quitting. I was told by a coach that I wouldn??™t want someone beside me that wasn??™t fully dedicated or wasn??™t going to do everything possible to reach the goal of his team. No matter if it was 4th and inches or 3rd and 20, Do you want someone out there that you know is going to do what it takes to get the job done or do you want someone beside you that you might have to question there integrity. As far as we all know in the school is that he quit. He told me the day before he was doing it and he wasn??™t putting up with it anymore.

And the only reason I had said he was a starter was the post before were talking about the returning four O-Line Starters.

And as for the Transfer, Ill have to agree with a good friend of mine and say "Any one can go out and throw a football and make it look nice, But not many can put on pads and line up at Alcoa High School and make it look anywhere near as good." But it will be a good match up for the starting spot this season so we shall just have to see.

You can't count Ryan Stoutt just yet, I mean what exactly has he done on the field yet?? Not to sure about Nathaniel either the shoulder still bothers him some, but the other guys will be ok and good to go. When Stoutt proves that he can play, then you can add him until he is not a playmaker.

I was just throwin in Ryans name to see if i can get the " Alcoa recruits" people to start coming out of the woodworks early /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> This years team will be very impressive and in my opinion could be one of the best senior classes weve had all around since Warrens class graduated. My senior class is loaded with talent and leadership. Should be an interesting season

I was just throwin in Ryans name to see if i can get the " Alcoa recruits" people to start coming out of the woodworks early /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> This years team will be very impressive and in my opinion could be one of the best senior classes weve had all around since Warrens class graduated. My senior class is loaded with talent and leadership. Should be an interesting season

Hey now, you can't forget that class of '08, we were small but we put them '10 youngsters in their place haha.

This past week alcoas tyler robinson received an offer from the university of kentucky. he should have more on the way.

Congrats! All of us across the river think he should accept, skip his senior year, and move to Lexington and get an early start. Maybe even take a few of his closest teammates with him. I'll even rent the truck, help load and unload the furniture, and drive them to KY. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />