Powell Spring of 09

FootballDad

Not the whole offense but the offense ran through him and if he was on that offense was definitely hard to stop!!! I would like to know if Mobley is eligible bc I have heard from a very good source from Powell that he is not. So that would be a huge blow and a young OL and QB is not a good mix with no proven WRs...so they will have to scheme people and the Defense needs to be really stingy but they are young as well.

I don't know about Dyshawn being eligible, but if he's not that will be a big blow to the offense. Sophomore-to-be Darian Logan is very fast, but he's not going to be an inside runner. Throw in an offense line that's iffy coming out of the spring and this team definately needs Dyshawn.

Catcall, how did the scrimmage with A-E go for Central?

Talk about coincidences, I just talked to somebody about Mobly being eligible about 30 seconds after writing this and they said he's definately got the grades to play this fall. In fact, if this person is right, he said there's not a class he is in danger of not passing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about Dyshawn being eligible, but if he's not that will be a big blow to the offense. Sophomore-to-be Darian Logan is very fast, but he's not going to be an inside runner. Throw in an offense line that's iffy coming out of the spring and this team definately needs Dyshawn.

Catcall, how did the scrimmage with A-E go for Central?

Talk about coincidences, I just talked to somebody about Mobly being eligible about 30 seconds after writing this and they said he's definately got the grades to play this fall. In fact, if this person is right, he said there's not a class he is in danger of not passing.

Ok well good for him if that is true...and the scrimmage went ok we are also very young on the OL and we have young tailbacks but we scrimmaged West thursday and looked much improved so that is a good signa and we are very young and look forward to the summer workouts to get them ready!!!

I'm sorry about asking this question but I am just a little confused. My understanding is that your O-Line has "three fulltime or partime starters" returning for this season, but I continue to read that the O-Line is young. I have also read that a converted DE is now playing on the line. I would say that most teams returning three starters would be in pretty good shape going into the season. Are you starting sophomores????? Again, I must say that I am sorry for asking.

I'm sorry about asking this question but I am just a little confused. My understanding is that your O-Line has "three fulltime or partime starters" returning for this season, but I continue to read that the O-Line is young. I have also read that a converted DE is now playing on the line. I would say that most teams returning three starters would be in pretty good shape going into the season. Are you starting sophomores????? Again, I must say that I am sorry for asking.

That's a fair question. The line lost three seniors, including one that made the News Sentinel's Prepxtra team and another that was all-region. The two returning starters will both be juniors, but they do have a year of experience starting. The senior-to-be that was a part-time starter last year started two or three games because of injury, but did not play a down in at least three other games.

What's making it tough for the line is the loss of two seniors, courtney and driver, that were the dominant players last year. Throw in the fact the Kier Houston could use his legs to get away from pressure and that made last year's line look even better. The converted defense end, who will be a junior, might have taken 10 snaps last year in varsity games and all were on defense. So maybe they aren't real young, but compared to last year's line they are pretty inexperienced.

That's a fair question. The line lost three seniors, including one that made the News Sentinel's Prepxtra team and another that was all-region. The two returning starters will both be juniors, but they do have a year of experience starting. The senior-to-be that was a part-time starter last year started two or three games because of injury, but did not play a down in at least three other games.

What's making it tough for the line is the loss of two seniors, courtney and driver, that were the dominant players last year. Throw in the fact the Kier Houston could use his legs to get away from pressure and that made last year's line look even better. The converted defense end, who will be a junior, might have taken 10 snaps last year in varsity games and all were on defense. So maybe they aren't real young, but compared to last year's line they are pretty inexperienced.

Thank you.....I understand.

Thank you.....I understand.

Your alls OL did do pretty well last year but like I said earlier having a kid like Kier Houston back their made your alls line look alot better than it was but that is the case with alot of Olines in high school that have a guy like Kier back there...much like we did when we had Zack Helton!!! Look forward to the region this year how about you guys...no Maryville...will be alot more competitive!(opinions)

I think its going to be very competitive althought I also think everybody in the district will be chasing Clinton. If Hazelhurst and Stone stay healthy I just don't see them not scoring points by the bushel. After that I really think its going to be a crapshoot which teams make the playoffs. I think you may see a lot of low scoring games in district play because most of the teams lost their "name" players: Halls lost a lot of linemen, Central lost Jamie Wilson, Powell lost Houston and three really good receivers, Anderson and Campbell counties both lost a lot of kids and Oak Ridge could be the cliched sleeping giant with their new coach, etc. I know everybody discounts Karns, but they lost a lot of close games last year and have some pretty good players coming back. After Clinton, I think it's all just a guess who finishes where.

I think its going to be very competitive althought I also think everybody in the district will be chasing Clinton. If Hazelhurst and Stone stay healthy I just don't see them not scoring points by the bushel. After that I really think its going to be a crapshoot which teams make the playoffs. I think you may see a lot of low scoring games in district play because most of the teams lost their "name" players: Halls lost a lot of linemen, Central lost Jamie Wilson, Powell lost Houston and three really good receivers, Anderson and Campbell counties both lost a lot of kids and Oak Ridge could be the cliched sleeping giant with their new coach, etc. I know everybody discounts Karns, but they lost a lot of close games last year and have some pretty good players coming back. After Clinton, I think it's all just a guess who finishes where.

That is a pretty good opinion and I think Karns could be pretty tough giving that they did lose alot of close games last year...I think Oak Ridge is a year away or maybe 2 and I do feel that they will be competitve this year and may be a surprise, bc lets face it they are Oak Ridge... I think Central is young but alot more atheletic than years past and I think Halls will be down and I think Powell will struggle early but get it together and be pretty good come playoff time...so I think this region is Clintons for the taking but anything can happen barring injuries and things like that!!!