Austin Peay Invite

Bulldog86

Went up to the meet at Austin Peay last weekend and I have to say the throwing event were run so poorly that with two flights of boys and two flights of girls in each event, it took them 5 hours to get threw them all. I??™ve been around throwing events for a long time and have never seen anything like it. But I digress.

The meet itself was pretty good, had some good throwers there from 3 states.

Ensworth had 2 kids throwing the Discus over 150. Cooper (JR) 155 and Settles (SR) 150 took 1st and 3rd. Frazier from Daviess County in Kentucky was 2nd with a 152. Lavergne??™s Betts and McAdoo came in 5th and 6th

On the girls side; Battles from Pearl Cone marked a 115??™3 > Washington from Clarksville Northeast went 102??™3 and Britt from Lavergne went 97??™5 (1-2-3)

In the shot it started and ended with Frazier from Daviess. He went 54 feet and his throws were not good for him. I watched him hit 57 and 58 feet in warm-ups, no problem. From what his coach told me, he has a marked a 58 '9 this year. He will be a WKU Hill Topper next year.

Not much else more to speak of in the shot, the two Ensworth kids were around 45 and 43. Betts at Lavergne took 6th but had a bad, bad throwing day. He only went 41 feet or so and I??™ve seen him go 47.

On the girls side; Battles From Pearl Cone, again, took 1st with a 37??™5> Curry from MLK took 2nd at 36??™6 > and Prince from not sure where took 3rd with 32??™6

On a side note: The Lavergne as a team took 2nd place in this meet. So my earlier question to another poster as to the strenth of Lavergne's team and his projection of them winning their district, I will now retract. They look pretty strong.

See you in the ring

Two throwers said that the P-C girl used a shot that had the no. 8 on it!!

Went up to the meet at Austin Peay last weekend and I have to say the throwing event were run so poorly that with two flights of boys and two flights of girls in each event, it took them 5 hours to get threw them all. I??™ve been around throwing events for a long time and have never seen anything like it. But I digress.

The meet itself was pretty good, had some good throwers there from 3 states.

Ensworth had 2 kids throwing the Discus over 150. Cooper (JR) 155 and Settles (SR) 150 took 1st and 3rd. Frazier from Daviess County in Kentucky was 2nd with a 152. Lavergne??™s Betts and McAdoo came in 5th and 6th

On the girls side; Battles from Pearl Cone marked a 115??™3 > Washington from Clarksville Northeast went 102??™3 and Britt from Lavergne went 97??™5 (1-2-3)

In the shot it started and ended with Frazier from Daviess. He went 54 feet and his throws were not good for him. I watched him hit 57 and 58 feet in warm-ups, no problem. From what his coach told me, he has a marked a 58 '9 this year. He will be a WKU Hill Topper next year.

Not much else more to speak of in the shot, the two Ensworth kids were around 45 and 43. Betts at Lavergne took 6th but had a bad, bad throwing day. He only went 41 feet or so and I??™ve seen him go 47.

On the girls side; Battles From Pearl Cone, again, took 1st with a 37??™5> Curry from MLK took 2nd at 36??™6 > and Prince from not sure where took 3rd with 32??™6

On a side note: The Lavergne as a team took 2nd place in this meet. So my earlier question to another poster as to the strenth of Lavergne's team and his projection of them winning their district, I will now retract. They look pretty strong.

See you in the ring

The throwing events are, unfortunately, pretty consistently poorly run. They do a good job at the state meet, but that's about it. Even at the Great Eight Meet at Vandy few years back they had members of their women's track team managing the men's shot, and they were actually measuring from the center of the ring for a few throws until I could grab a coach and get it corrected.

What can you do??!!