Sequatchie Valley Classic

volsbbfan

Thats cute lol outta of the past 5 years Marion has sent 10 players to compete in college athletics .. Thats only counting one sport...Marion should also be sending 3 this year to play ...all still in baseball.....your ignorant

This came up after Truth was on here proclaiming Marion to be superior in every sport. College signings don't equal high school team success necessarily but if you only have baseball players signing that defeats his point even more. Sequatchie has had about two dozen in various sports sign in that time, counting this year, but this is a baseball topic so let's keep it on that.

Does anyone know why Cleveland left when they would have played two anyway, had they won a first game with either Halls or Marion?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's because Halls didn't win their pool, Upperman did. Lay the blame on someone else. Not informing Coaches about things they need to know is the only way to host a tournment. That's representing MARION COUNTY WELL.

You are such an idiot..............honestly.........Looks like that was your side of the bracket. Upperman said that they weren't going to stay for sunday, looks like seq should have let halls know they were second.................how was roberts to know since yall posted no scores. He probably figured the boys from seq would have won since they are worldbeaters.

This came up after Truth was on here proclaiming Marion to be superior in every sport. College signings don't equal high school team success necessarily but if you only have baseball players signing that defeats his point even more. Sequatchie has had about two dozen in various sports sign in that time, counting this year, but this is a baseball topic so let's keep it on that.

Does anyone know why Cleveland left when they would have played two anyway, had they won a first game with either Halls or Marion?

Just male sports actually...................Roberts offered to play them first where they wouldn't have to wait for 5 hours. Franklin won the grundy pool.

Just male sports actually...................Roberts offered to play them first where they wouldn't have to wait for 5 hours. Franklin won the grundy pool.

So did they give an explanation on why they left, with the chance to play the first game?

Jasper should have been in charge of letting the teams know of the second place winner getting to advance, as soon as it became known Upperman couldn't play Sunday. It was their tournament. Upperman had to be the favorite in that pool going in.

You are such an idiot..............honestly.........Looks like that was your side of the bracket. Upperman said that they weren't going to stay for sunday, looks like seq should have let halls know they were second.................how was roberts to know since yall posted no scores. He probably figured the boys from seq would have won since they are worldbeaters.

Let me tell you something punk My number is 280 -3666 if you have a problem with me I can meet you. Sequatchie was never told that Upperman wasn't coming back Sunday. We called after every game to report scores, so don't give me that crap. If we knew that Upperman was not coming back we would not have play a lot of JV in the last game against Halls. You can say what ever you want, but everyone knows how Jasper is and your so called Coach. You people have tunnel vision

Let me tell you something punk My number is 280 -3666 if you have a problem with me I can meet you. Sequatchie was never told that Upperman wasn't coming back Sunday. We called after every game to report scores, so don't give me that crap. If we knew that Upperman was not coming back we would not have play a lot of JV in the last game against Halls. You can say what ever you want, but everyone knows how Jasper is and your so called Coach. You people have tunnel vision

In yo Face TTP!!!!!!

so if yall didn't know that upperman wasn't coming..............how was marion to know?? Common sense.......that is what i think it is called. So tell us how jasper is, because apparently I am missing the memo on how they really are.

so if yall didn't know that upperman wasn't coming..............how was marion to know?? Common sense..........use it. Are you five years old or something?? I know how Jasper is..............back to back state tourney appearances, and district champs over and over again. Jealousy gets you nowhere................................

Here's your common sense Coach, Quote from the time Article

"Sunday??™s schedule was pared by a game due to a miscommunication among host coaches. Upperman, which won the pool at Sequatchie County, had made it clear to Roberts that a Sunday appearance was out of the question. It left Knox Halls and Sequatchie as the contenders. Halls won but apparently didn??™t know about Upperman??™s departure leaving a Sunday slot open."

Son I'm not jealous, There is life after sports and Jasper.

Here's your common sense Coach, Quote from the time Article

"Sunday??™s schedule was pared by a game due to a miscommunication among host coaches. Upperman, which won the pool at Sequatchie County, had made it clear to Roberts that a Sunday appearance was out of the question. It left Knox Halls and Sequatchie as the contenders. Halls won but apparently didn??™t know about Upperman??™s departure leaving a Sunday slot open."

Son I'm not jealous, There is life after sports and Jasper.

Not trying to come across as a smart butt I never heard of going into a tournament and being able to tell the host when you could and could not play a game. From past experiances you play when your bracket comes up..if not then you forefit that game. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

And I see the point about playing on Sunday but I think if you start after church and end before evening services then it is ok. Maybe if you are traveling attend one of our local churches or maybe have one of the local churches hold a service at the ballfield for those that would like to attend.....it can been done.

• 2 weeks later...

[Actually Halls did win there Pool....they were 3-1...Upperman 2-1-1...Marion County Coaches nor Boosters got any results from the Seq pool on sat nights game...the winner of Seq and Halls would win that pool....the host pool site is in charge of sending a rep as in any tourn you go 2....it was simply a lack of communication like the paper said.

[Actually Halls did win there Pool....they were 3-1...Upperman 2-1-1...Marion County Coaches nor Boosters got any results from the Seq pool on sat nights game...the winner of Seq and Halls would win that pool....the host pool site is in charge of sending a rep as in any tourn you go 2....it was simply a lack of communication like the paper said.

Thank You!!