String Music Showcase Basketball Tournament

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true, however there were plenty of scouting/recruiting services in attendence along with media from the southeast region. So I would say that it was a exposure tournament since people were reporting on the event. Wouldnt you call the Memorial Day Classic an exposure tournament that you guys hosted the last few years even though college coaches werent in attendence?

This was not an exposure tournament. Very limited exposure Rivals gave no coverage. Terribly ran it was multiple courts each day with one official. and tons of no show teams. Big time teams that were supposed to be there didnt show. This was a joke. A waste of time.

Actually from rivals were there. Like people that do vandysports, unauthorized website, and other rivals related sites as such were there. And u can access those if ur a member. And I CLEARLY remembering there being two officials at the games I was at, but it may have only been for a couple i dont remember. And ALL big tourneys have multiple courts... I mean really??? OF COURSE theres gunna be multiple courts, wy wouldnt there be???

Actually from rivals were there. Like people that do vandysports, unauthorized website, and other rivals related sites as such were there. And u can access those if ur a member. And I CLEARLY remembering there being two officials at the games I was at, but it may have only been for a couple i dont remember. And ALL big tourneys have multiple courts... I mean really??? OF COURSE theres gunna be multiple courts, wy wouldnt there be???

I didnt say Rivals wasn't there. But I did say theydid not do a feature on the event thus no real coverage. And I said there were multiple courts where there was just one official reffing a game. And I do have a password to rivals thank you.

I would classify an exposure tournament as one where the college coaches can attend. They can't do that in April anymore per the NCAA.

So I would say this was not an exposure tournament.

I never said Nike Memorial Day was either. Both Nike MDC and Bob Gibbons were/are held during a time when the college coaches cannot attend. That's always been the case in May. The difference this year is that this is the first time that I can remember that there is no live period in April.

OK now what about the original question. Does anyone have any results. What players stood out? Heard Memphis Select was beaten by Iowa 15U but what about any details of the Tournament? What do the Celtics look like?

What age? 15's are huge but couldn't guard my grandma.

16's are really good. Lost in the championship game. Looked to be out of gas after playing the whole tourn. with only 7 guys. Kendall Anthony is a blur.

17's are solid. Made it to final 4. Casey Prather is a stud!

CELTICS ARE STRONG ACROSS THE BOARD.

17U ARE 8-3. IN TWO OUTINGS. WON TWO POOLS.

16U ARE 12-1 WITH A MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP (REAL DEAL). IN TWO OUTINGS. WON TWO POOLS.

15U ARE 10-5 (TWO LOSSES PLAYING UP AT 16'S). IN THREE OUTINGS. WON TWO POOLS.

CELTS ARE 30-9 COMBINED WITH A MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIP SO FAR THIS YEAR.

GOOD JOB TO COACHES CLARK, HENDERSON, BLACKWELL AND DIRECTOR WADDEY.

Yeah, but Real Deal is shell of its former self. Decent championship, but I wouldn't call it a major one. Their 15's play selfish and don't guard anybody, and their 17's have a lot of talent but don't get as much out of it as they should, as usual with them.

Winning a pool at Real Deal isn't that big of a thing. Playing at Riverdale hardly qualifies as good competition. Still not a lot of stability in that program.

16s are the only group that really looks like any kind of team. Kid from Alabama is a pretty good player.

Yeah, but Real Deal is shell of its former self. Decent championship, but I wouldn't call it a major one. Their 15's play selfish and don't guard anybody, and their 17's have a lot of talent but don't get as much out of it as they should, as usual with them.

Winning a pool at Real Deal isn't that big of a thing. Playing at Riverdale hardly qualifies as good competition. Still not a lot of stability in that program.

16s are the only group that really looks like any kind of team. Kid from Alabama is a pretty good player.

Winning the Real Deal is only a "decent championship"? Keep sipping on that hater-ade. There was some heat at that tournament.