String Music Showcase Basketball Tournament

How many big-time programs were really there?

Not being critical, just don't know.

I think the NCAA legislation that ended the April live period has weakened a lot of the April events. Not totally, but most of the tournaments are not as strong from top to bottom. Boo Williams was an exception in the 17's, because it is invitation-only, and I don't think Nike MDC or Bob Gibbons TOC - the two big May tournaments, will be affected at all.

But I do think that, nationwide - not just Real Deal, the elite April tournaments are a bit weaker than usual.

I'm not trying to demean anyone's success, but that's the general consensus on the circuit this year. I think it's a combination of the April dead period and the economy. There just aren't as many good teams out there - at any tournament.

Be interesting to see what July brings.

Off topic a little bit, but I think the April dead period is a bad thing for most kids. Over the years, we've had a ton of kids really shine during this time and play their way into great situations. To me, this just limits the opportunities for kids to earn scholarships.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many big-time programs were really there?

Not being critical, just don't know.

I think the NCAA legislation that ended the April live period has weakened a lot of the April events. Not totally, but most of the tournaments are not as strong from top to bottom. Boo Williams was an exception in the 17's, because it is invitation-only, and I don't think Nike MDC or Bob Gibbons TOC - the two big May tournaments, will be affected at all.

But I do think that, nationwide - not just Real Deal, the elite April tournaments are a bit weaker than usual.

I'm not trying to demean anyone's success, but that's the general consensus on the circuit this year. I think it's a combination of the April dead period and the economy. There just aren't as many good teams out there - at any tournament.

Be interesting to see what July brings.

Off topic a little bit, but I think the April dead period is a bad thing for most kids. Over the years, we've had a ton of kids really shine during this time and play their way into great situations. To me, this just limits the opportunities for kids to earn scholarships.

Really good teams that I saw, Gouchos, BASS, Memphis Magic, Atlanta Celtics, and Dallas Heroes to name a few. I agree Real Deal may not be what it once was but there was still some stiff competition.

I think you make some good points. It has hurt and I think its a shame for some of the kids who have really been playing well so far.

SAY WHAT YOU WILL... THE CELTICS ARE STRONG. TO DEMEAN THE COMPETITION IS JUST PLAIN HATING. ALL I DID WAS STATE THE STATUS OF THE PROGRAM TO DATE. AND THE BASHING BEGINS. WHY? SAY WHAT YOU WANT ABOUT "REAL DEAL" BUT IT IS A MAJOR. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT. A TOURNAMENT WITH GRASSROOTS CANADA, NY GAUCHOS, ALL-OHIO RED, DC ASSULT, ATLANTA CELTICS, JACKSON TIGERS, SPIECE INDY HEAT, BRANDON BASS ELITE AND DALLAS HEROES. WAKE UP.

AND TO THE SPECIAL HATERS WHO FIND A WAY TO SINGLE OUT THE CELTIC 15'S. GET OVER IT. BUT I'LL BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU.

THE 15'S HAVE FIVE LOSSES:

WISCONSIN PLAYGROUND WARRIORS (CHAMPIONS OF REAL DEAL SILVER) BY 6

ALL IOWA ATTACK (CHAMPIONS STRING MUSIC) BY 1 IN OT

MIDDLE TENNESSEE MAGIC 16'S (PLAYING UP) (CHAMPIONS RIVERDALE, CHAMPIONS KNOXVEGAS) BY 8

A GAME 16'S (PLAYING UP) BY 4

BIRMINGHAM STORM BY BLOWOUT

16'S LOST TO DEREK SMITH ALL-STARS.

17'S LOST TO DALLAS HEROES, TEAM UNITED AND ILLINOIS TITANS.

STOP HATING.

mrob,

Nobody is hating just keeping it real. You are not even a major player in the Celtics organization. You are an underling. The real is the Celtics promoted a tournament by saying all these TOP teams would be there. Most of the teams no showed. There was one ref on most courts. The Celtics tell every kid they are sponsored by Adidas when in reality they pay for their gear at a discounted price. Here is the list of Adidas sponsor teams. It has Atlanta Celtics and Carolina Celtics no Nashville Celtics. The only real shoe company sponsored teams in Tennessee are the Travelers (Nike), Memphis YOMCA (Nike), and Memphis Pacers (Reebok). Those are facts not hate.

Adidas Elite Summer Travel Teams

Program City State

Southern California All-Stars San Juan Capistrano CA

Team Oklahoma Bartlesville OK

L.A. Rockfish North Hills CA

Indiana Elite Bloomington IN

Ohio Basketball Club Euclid OH

T-Mac Select Houston TX

New England Playaz Springfield MA

Colorado Select Greenwood Village CO

New Orleans Jazz New Orleans LA

Team Philly Philadelphia PA

D.C.'s Assault Landover MD

Elite Basketball Organization Las Vegas NV

Atlanta Celtics Atlanta GA

DTA Wisconsin Milwaukee WI

Carolina Celtics Easley SC

Team Puerto Rico Carolina PR

Kansas City Pump-N-Run Lawrence KS

Juice All-Stars Brooklyn NY

Indiana Elite (Fort Wayne) Fort Wayne IN

Michigan Mustangs Oak Park MI

Inland Empire Basketball Program Riverside CA

Pump-N-Run Northridge CA

Florida Rams Tequesta FL

Playaz Basketball Club Paterson NJ

Gateway Basketball Club Washington MO

Compton Magic Corona CA

Derrick Smith All-Stars Louisville KY

Seattle Rotary Select Seattle WA

Texas Select DeSoto TX

Hunting Park Philadelphia PA

New Heights New York NY

Las Vegas Prospects Las Vegas NV

Dallas Mustangs Dallas TX

All-Ohio Columbus OH

My point was simply that the competition is not as strong in many of the April tournaments nationwide because of the fact that April is no longer a live period for college coaches. The economy has probably hurt a little bit too.

I wasn't being critical of anybody.

All-Ohio Red is a Nike team again. I think they were Adidas last year.

The Travelers and Y are the only Nike teams in state.

mrob,

Nobody is hating just keeping it real. You are not even a major player in the Celtics organization. You are an underling. The real is the Celtics promoted a tournament by saying all these TOP teams would be there. Most of the teams no showed. There was one ref on most courts. The Celtics tell every kid they are sponsored by Adidas when in reality they pay for their gear at a discounted price. Here is the list of Adidas sponsor teams. It has Atlanta Celtics and Carolina Celtics no Nashville Celtics. The only real shoe company sponsored teams in Tennessee are the Travelers (Nike), Memphis YOMCA (Nike), and Memphis Pacers (Reebok). Those are facts not hate.

Adidas Elite Summer Travel Teams

Program City State

Southern California All-Stars San Juan Capistrano CA

Team Oklahoma Bartlesville OK

L.A. Rockfish North Hills CA

Indiana Elite Bloomington IN

Ohio Basketball Club Euclid OH

T-Mac Select Houston TX

New England Playaz Springfield MA

Colorado Select Greenwood Village CO

New Orleans Jazz New Orleans LA

Team Philly Philadelphia PA

D.C.'s Assault Landover MD

Elite Basketball Organization Las Vegas NV

Atlanta Celtics Atlanta GA

DTA Wisconsin Milwaukee WI

Carolina Celtics Easley SC

Team Puerto Rico Carolina PR

Kansas City Pump-N-Run Lawrence KS

Juice All-Stars Brooklyn NY

Indiana Elite (Fort Wayne) Fort Wayne IN

Michigan Mustangs Oak Park MI

Inland Empire Basketball Program Riverside CA

Pump-N-Run Northridge CA

Florida Rams Tequesta FL

Playaz Basketball Club Paterson NJ

Gateway Basketball Club Washington MO

Compton Magic Corona CA

Derrick Smith All-Stars Louisville KY

Seattle Rotary Select Seattle WA

Texas Select DeSoto TX

Hunting Park Philadelphia PA

New Heights New York NY

Las Vegas Prospects Las Vegas NV

Dallas Mustangs Dallas TX

All-Ohio Columbus OH

YOUR FUNNY DUDE. FIRST AND FOREMOST, WHICH TEAM DIDN'T YOUR SON MAKE? YOU KNOW I KNOW, BUT TELL IT TO THE CROWD BEFORE I DO. I WAS THERE EVERYDAY (STRINGMUSIC) AND DIDN'T SEE YOU... SO YOU WEREN'T THERE. YOU ARE JUST HATING.

SECONDLY... THE CELTICS ARE NOT A GRASSROOTS PROGRAM AND DON'T PROMOTE THEIRSELVES AS SUCH. THEY WERE ALIGNED WITH THE ATLANTA CELTICS BUT ARE NO LONGER DUE TO THE ECONOMY.

THE TOURNAMENT HAD ALOT OF NO SHOWS FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. BUT HOW DOES THAT EFFECT YOU? ONCE YOU "SHOWED UP" AND SAW THE BRACKETS YOU SHOULD HAVE BAILED. (BUT I KNOW YOU WEREN'T THERE) FURTHERMORE, HOW DOES THE STATUS OF THE CELTICS EFFECT WHAT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED THUS FAR?? YOU COME OUT WITH THIS OLD GRASSROOTS LIST TO STATE WHAT? (THAT YOU FOUND AT ADIDASGRASSROOTS.COM .. GOOGLE HERO) (IF YOU BOTHERED TO CHECK THE LIST YOU WOULD SEE THAT IT IS OLD) YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE CELTIC ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW. I THINK ONCE YOU HEAR WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THE CELTIC PROGRAM NEXT YEAR YOU'LL FIND A WAY TO HATE THE CELTICS EVEN MORE. YEAH, THEY ARE WORKIN ON SOMETHIN BIG. ALMOST AS BIG AS YOUR HATE.

GET SOME FRIENDS... STOP HATING.

YOUR FUNNY DUDE. FIRST AND FOREMOST, WHICH TEAM DIDN'T YOUR SON MAKE? YOU KNOW I KNOW, BUT TELL IT TO THE CROWD BEFORE I DO. I WAS THERE EVERYDAY (STRINGMUSIC) AND DIDN'T SEE YOU... SO YOU WEREN'T THERE. YOU ARE JUST HATING.

SECONDLY... THE CELTICS ARE NOT A GRASSROOTS PROGRAM AND DON'T PROMOTE THEIRSELVES AS SUCH. THEY WERE ALIGNED WITH THE ATLANTA CELTICS BUT ARE NO LONGER DUE TO THE ECONOMY.

THE TOURNAMENT HAD ALOT OF NO SHOWS FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS. BUT HOW DOES THAT EFFECT YOU? ONCE YOU "SHOWED UP" AND SAW THE BRACKETS YOU SHOULD HAVE BAILED. (BUT I KNOW YOU WEREN'T THERE) FURTHERMORE, HOW DOES THE STATUS OF THE CELTICS EFFECT WHAT HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED THUS FAR?? YOU COME OUT WITH THIS OLD GRASSROOTS LIST TO STATE WHAT? (THAT YOU FOUND AT ADIDASGRASSROOTS.COM .. GOOGLE HERO) (IF YOU BOTHERED TO CHECK THE LIST YOU WOULD SEE THAT IT IS OLD) YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE CELTIC ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW. I THINK ONCE YOU HEAR WHAT IS IN STORE FOR THE CELTIC PROGRAM NEXT YEAR YOU'LL FIND A WAY TO HATE THE CELTICS EVEN MORE. YEAH, THEY ARE WORKIN ON SOMETHIN BIG. ALMOST AS BIG AS YOUR HATE.

GET SOME FRIENDS... STOP HATING.

LOL @Mrob,

Your feathers must be really ruffled now. First of all my sons are much older and are all out of college. Secondly I dont even know why you are speaking because you are a nobody. You are not the Celtics. If your last name is not Henderson or Waddey you have no say so in the Celtics. You are just a side line cheerleader. A groupie so to speak. Someone incapable of running their own program.

I am sure the Celtics are working on something big cause they DO HAVE a quality program. I am also sure you have nothing to do with it. This post was about facts and the facts are they are not an Adidas team and they had a bunch of no shows at a poorly run event. Also factual is after they do whatever big thing that they are doing is that you will still be a cheerleader with NO JUICE!!!!!!!!!

LOL @Mrob,

Your feathers must be really ruffled now. First of all my sons are much older and are all out of college. Secondly I dont even know why you are speaking because you are a nobody. You are not the Celtics. If your last name is not Henderson or Waddey you have no say so in the Celtics. You are just a side line cheerleader. A groupie so to speak. Someone incapable of running their own program.

I am sure the Celtics are working on something big cause they DO HAVE a quality program. I am also sure you have nothing to do with it. This post was about facts and the facts are they are not an Adidas team and they had a bunch of no shows at a poorly run event. Also factual is after they do whatever big thing that they are doing is that you will still be a cheerleader with NO JUICE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not tryiong to get in the middle of anything. Just out of curiosity, what program ae you affiliated with? And what is your title/position with that particular program? Just curious.

LOL @Mrob,

Agreed. What are you other than a hater?

Im not with any program anymore. You can call me what you want. I stated my opinion which is my right to do. You guys do it all the time. People here can always dish it out but they cant take it.

GROUPIE. MY NAME IS MIKE ROBINSON. CALL WADDEY OR HENDERSON AND ASK IF I'M A GROUPIE. COME BACK AND TELL US WHAT THEY SAY. WHAT IS YOUR NAME TURBO???? I NEVER SAID I "RUN" THE CELTICS. BUT IF YOU KNOW ME, YOU ALSO KNOW I KNOW PEOPLE IN THIS BUSINESS FROM COAST TO COAST. AND I KNOW WHO HAS WHAT TO OFFER THE CELTICS. IT'S FUNNY HOW YOU GET OFF TOPIC. IT'S FUNNY HOW BOLD PEOPLE GET BEHIND A KEY PAD.. WITH THE "BELIEF" THAT NO ONE KNOWS THEM. BE A MAN... STATE YOUR REAL NAME HERO.