4x800 times

jamessae

I heard that Brentwood and Ensworth were setting up a 4x800m and go head to head, hoping to both break 8 minutes...Is this even true?

Yup this is true and it happened last wednesday and Brentwood pulled out a close victory. They both ran 8:00 and some change. They are both under 8:00 by the end of the season... Also to get into the emerging elite section at Nike Outdoor Nationals you have to run under 8:00 with some exceptions. It'll be interesting to see if they can get there.

Yup this is true and it happened last wednesday and Brentwood pulled out a close victory. They both ran 8:00 and some change. They are both under 8:00 by the end of the season... Also to get into the emerging elite section at Nike Outdoor Nationals you have to run under 8:00 with some exceptions. It'll be interesting to see if they can get there.

Congrats to both teams...that's flying

Does anyone know who matched up with who? splits?

I want to hear more about this one

Congrats to both teams...that's flying

Does anyone know who matched up with who? splits?

I want to hear more about this one

Well i do know that the first legs were Garrett Carmichael vs. Ford Bell.

Garrett out sprinted Ford the final 100 and they went about 1:56 and 1:57.

2nd legs were good but the BHS guy caught the EHS guy and they handed off side by side. about 2:01(ehs) and 2:00(bhs).

Then the third legs were close till the last 150, BHS took EHS and got about a 3 second lead. 2:04(ehs) 2:01(BHS)

EHS last leg slowly closed the gap but couldnt beat him completely. 1:59(EHS) (2:02) BHS had a very stong team as did EHS. It was evident that BHS was going to win after the 3rd leg.

BTW these times are very unofficial! They are just rough estimates from a stop watch.