Sophomore Talent

coachgirl03

You know I realized that most people on here either talk about the freshmen or the juniors and seniors, but there's not much talk about the sophomores. So if you know of some pretty good sophomores, let me know your pick.

I personally pick two.

1) The first from Father Ryan. I'm probably going to butcher the spelling but her name is Brittany Aubright. She's their starting pitcher now that they've lost Katy and Riley. She's by far one of the best pitchers within her division (JPII, Ensworth, St. Cecilia...) and I see her going pretty far in the next two years. She's got pretty good placement and speed on the ball. She has a decent bat as well (batted 2/3 against JPII pitcher).

2) My second pick is from JPII. This name is much easier to spell :] Samantha May. She's the 1st baseman and I've seen her make some pretty incredible stops that I'm not sure most first basemen would have even come close to. And it helps that she's a pretty good hitter (she hit one to deep left field off Davidson's pithcher). If I remember correctly, she had the game winning hit against Briarcrest in one of the state games last year.

These two are definitely worth watching if you happen to stop by one of their games...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right, she is an excellent player but if I'm not mistaken she is a Jr... Her name is Alyssa Dickerson. I would like to add one of your own to the list in Chasity Carlton. She plays second base for Sequatchie Co. and is one of the most natural infielders you will see. She anticipates well and has excellent range. She is capable of playing anywhere on the field and is a really good contact hitter with good speed and excellent base running ability. Good Luck to Sequatchie in the Region...

You are right, she is an excellent player but if I'm not mistaken she is a Jr... Her name is Alyssa Dickerson. I would like to add one of your own to the list in Chasity Carlton. She plays second base for Sequatchie Co. and is one of the most natural infielders you will see. She anticipates well and has excellent range. She is capable of playing anywhere on the field and is a really good contact hitter with good speed and excellent base running ability. Good Luck to Sequatchie in the Region...

My mistake, I hope you're right, it would be nice to only have to face Dickerson for one more year! Also, Chasity is a good player. She has an abundance of natural talent, is a hard worker and a fine young lady. You guys have some pretty good sophmores down your way too. They played well this week.

You know I realized that most people on here either talk about the freshmen or the juniors and seniors, but there's not much talk about the sophomores. So if you know of some pretty good sophomores, let me know your pick.

I personally pick two.

1) The first from Father Ryan. I'm probably going to butcher the spelling but her name is Brittany Aubright. She's their starting pitcher now that they've lost Katy and Riley. She's by far one of the best pitchers within her division (JPII, Ensworth, St. Cecilia...) and I see her going pretty far in the next two years. She's got pretty good placement and speed on the ball. She has a decent bat as well (batted 2/3 against JPII pitcher).

2) My second pick is from JPII. This name is much easier to spell :] Samantha May. She's the 1st baseman and I've seen her make some pretty incredible stops that I'm not sure most first basemen would have even come close to. And it helps that she's a pretty good hitter (she hit one to deep left field off Davidson's pithcher). If I remember correctly, she had the game winning hit against Briarcrest in one of the state games last year.

These two are definitely worth watching if you happen to stop by one of their games...

From Lebanon - pitcher Kathryn Ludwikowski and shortstop Kelly McKeon - both of these sophomore girls have a bright future.

well there is alot of talent out there. and it is true all of us talk about the seniors and juniors and freshman, but we seem to forget about the sophomores. these girls are a great group of girls. not saying the other aren't. if anyone has been paying attention to the girls in this district, there are some great ball players there. riverdale has at least five great players, siegel has another group that is great but, the one group that has stood out to my husband and i is the girls from Blackman. we have been watching this group since they came from the middle school. we call them the "TRIO" of Blackman. Abell, just keeps getting better and better, her speed and her bat is always there. i know she isn't a pitcher any more, but when i watched her, she would always give it her all. Billot, has grown so much and she is a vaccum out in the outfield, and can do some good things at bat. and Abell's old catcher, Vanvranken, well she just keeps on growing. with her size, she will go far in college ball if that is what she is working for. we saw her get a award the other night, not sure what that is about, but a parent from Riverdale, said she is a awesome ball player, and a great catcher. we watched Blackman play Siegel last night and she has a great bat. the night before she was on fire as well. we sat and watched her at bat and she had a single to right center, two-run homerun, and another single to right. but she didn't catch that night. she is a awesome catcher and power hitter, as my husband calls her. not sure on why she didn't catch, was looking forward to see her in action. hope they all have a great tournament.

I personally pick two.

Girl from Ryan is a junior.