Hood signs with UT

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How has the "stigma" had an effect on you?

The victim has apparently forgiven him, according to the stories that have been written. If she can, the rest of us should be able to as well. Sounds like he has grown up a lot since he was a 13 year-old kid. Are we never supposed to let him have a chance to prove he's turned his life around?

How has the "stigma" had an effect on you?

Stigma Schmigma.

Without knowing the real particulars, I personally think the focus should not be about Daniel, KCHS, or even UT.

The focus should be on what is best for the victim, Daniel's kin.

From what I read & hear in the news, she is very strong & has risen to a higher level, allowing herself to forgive Daniel as evidenced by her letter of recomendation for Daniel to UT.

Daniel said he can never make up for what he did & he is right, but he must forever try.

It seems he has a very, very, unique opportunity, ability, and inclination to be able to push ahead the mending for all.

Perhaps, seeing her cousin play for UT on Saturdays would give this child some measure of joy & pride.

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Perhaps, for now, this is the best way for Daniel to try.

Maybe he can help in a different way on Sundays in the future.

Nothing wrong with that in my book.

Perhaps

The victim has apparently forgiven him, according to the stories that have been written. If she can, the rest of us should be able to as well. Sounds like he has grown up a lot since he was a 13 year-old kid. Are we never supposed to let him have a chance to prove he's turned his life around?

Don't know anything about what happened to this kid years ago. Sounds like he is trying to turn his life around though. Everyone deserves a second chance. I just wanted to wish him the best on getting a chance to play at the next level. Hood has the tools to become a good player for the VOLS and the PROS.

Go VOLS /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Can't wait till this fall. Will be making the trip to Knoxville often! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Daniel is a great young man, and I am confident that he will be a superb witness to the whollistic education Knoxville Catholic touts. I know he will be a great representative of KC and UT in the future.

With regard to our "5 D-1 players," that may have been an overstatement. However, in recent weeks DB Nick Branum has signed with Alabama (yes, the Alabama), RB Jordan Howanitz has signed with the University of Indainapolis (not D-1, but still a fine opportunity to play at the next level), RB Zach Vann has committed to Maryville College (also not D-1, but still impressive for someone who didn't play more than 1 quarter this season) and P Evan Sanders has chosen to to accept a preferred walk-on position for Coach Lane Kiffin at UT. In addition, LB Luke Smith has committed to academic powerhouse University of Chicago. There may be a few more commitments for KC still in the making...

Congratulations to all these fine young men. Good luck and keep making us proud! Go Irish!

This is a disgrace to the UT football team. What does this say about the program at UT? Lost alot of respect for the Kiffin clan. 27 other schools thought that is was bad enough to withdraw their scholarship offer. This is one UT fan that is disappointed.

You are entitled to your opinion. I've known Daniel for 3 years and he's a good kid. He will do well at UT.