Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

I still dont understand why it matters who made the video or where they got it from. It speaks for itself.

PHARGIS......are you a MT Juliet guy? Ive never seen you this upset. If someone has a video of me robbing the liquor store and its taken by a 3 yr old ive still robbed the liquor store.

The evidence is the evidence and if it is what it seems, what is it doing on this site and not with the TSSAA to look at and since they are the controlling factor, make a decision. What if it is not what it seems?

Are any the judge here?

What if any of you had a picture put on here of yourself? What if it was not as it seemed? What if then the posting going on here was about you and you had no way to defend yourself? Your job would be at stake and importantly your reputation. If any of you would accept that and feel good about it........To answer your point about robbing the liquor store which is a reasonable question, if a history about the conduct of a coach is given to the authorities and nothing is done about it "that we know of" and with what has happened at the school has happened the past few years, the chance to prove has been given plenty of time and whoever was looking at it at the TSSAA evidently did not find proof. I am not defending this coach but I am defending anyones right that is accused to be able to go thru an orderly process to finalize and if someone wants to get mad about a decision and put it on UTUBE and have it transferred to this site doesn't make it right when no one has their name on it.

Some think the issue is the evidence of what the coach is doing. I say that is NOT the point. The point is give it to the TSSAA, let them make a decision and when they make the decision either rule on it or don't. It was said to have been given to them but by who? The no decision may speak volumes. This is being investigated on here and if it is, let all of those mystry photographers get on here and explain and then go to the TSSAA where they should have gone to start with.

Posting creditable sources is reasonable. CoachT does it all time but never have ever seen him post from UTube. That is why this site is so creditable. But tell me how this subject fits in with the rules of this site. Even the Riverdale situation was closed three times to let what was happening have time to run its course. That was fair and came to a fair conclusion. Why is this any different?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could not agree more, I don't care if Bin Laden made the tape, it is a joke, he subs, calls sets, and runs half-time and the end of the game talks as well. Who made the tape is of no importance, what matters is that each coach play by the same set of rules!

Didn't buy the fishing trip explaination? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Actually, I thought there was a logical explaination for what looked like the coach was sending in subs. I think he may have sent them to the snack stand to get him a coke, so he could finish talking about his fishing trip. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The evidence is the evidence and if it is what it seems, what is it doing on this site and not with the TSSAA to look at and since they are the controlling factor, make a decision. What if it is not what it seems?

Are any the judge here?

What if any of you had a picture put on here of yourself? What if it was not as it seemed? What if then the posting going on here was about you and you had no way to defend yourself? Your job would be at stake and importantly your reputation. If any of you would accept that and feel good about it........To answer your point about robbing the liquor store which is a reasonable question, if a history about the conduct of a coach is given to the authorities and nothing is done about it "that we know of" and with what has happened at the school has happened the past few years, the chance to prove has been given plenty of time and whoever was looking at it at the TSSAA evidently did not find proof. I am not defending this coach but I am defending anyones right that is accused to be able to go thru an orderly process to finalize and if someone wants to get mad about a decision and put it on UTUBE and have it transferred to this site doesn't make it right when no one has their name on it.

Some think the issue is the evidence of what the coach is doing. I say that is NOT the point. The point is give it to the TSSAA, let them make a decision and when they make the decision either rule on it or don't. It was said to have been given to them but by who? The no decision may speak volumes. This is being investigated on here and if it is, let all of those mystry photographers get on here and explain and then go to the TSSAA where they should have gone to start with.

Posting creditable sources is reasonable. CoachT does it all time but never have ever seen him post from UTube. That is why this site is so creditable. But tell me how this subject fits in with the rules of this site. Even the Riverdale situation was closed three times to let what was happening have time to run its course. That was fair and came to a fair conclusion. Why is this any different?

The POINT is a coach is blatantly cheating and apparently has been doing it for awhile. The POINT is he has no regard for the rules.

You're talking about "posting creditable sources is reasonable." The camera is your source.

I guess your whole argument is posting it on this website and not to TSSAA. Maybe it HAS been sent to TSSAA. Maybe this guy HAS been turned in for previous cheating without results.

One more thing....I know nothing about this school but isn't it a Christian school? And if it is, don't they sign documents saying they must represent their school and faith in an honorable way?

Just sayin'....

But keep on arguing how the one taping the cheating should REVEAL him/herself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The POINT is a coach is blatantly cheating and apparently has been doing it for awhile. The POINT is he has no regard for the rules.

You're talking about "posting creditable sources is reasonable." The camera is your source.

I guess your whole argument is posting it on this website and not to TSSAA. Maybe it HAS been sent to TSSAA. Maybe this guy HAS been turned in for previous cheating without results.

One more thing....I know nothing about this school but isn't it a Christian school? And if it is, don't they sign documents saying they must represent their school and faith in an honorable way?

Just sayin'....

But keep on arguing how the one taping the cheating should REVEAL him/herself. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Most of you must not be too familiar with PHargis. Hes wrong all the time. Writes about things he doesnt know anything about. But none of that stops him from posting 10 times a day. When hes confronted with facts he changes the subject and never answers direct questions and comes back with irrelevant things like you never gave him a fact or asked a direct question in the first place even if you ask it 100 times. You arent going to get anywhere with him.

Mt juliet high school is a public school it isnt a private or christian school.

There are many, many Schools and coaches that are turned in for infractions and only a few are ever sanctioned and those that are generally have a record of such. A total examination of circumstances needs to be made of this situation instead of allowing a copy of a UTube who has no identification to be used as a post and identified as an unedited, accurate, with no doubt, occurance of an event that happened without first letting someone,TSSAA, investigate it. IMO, you sent this to the TSSAA which was the right and accurate thing to do. They responded that until who made the recording came out and identified they made it they could not investigate it. There is some doubt even with them that there is validity. There is more to this than just someone who just took a post off of UTube and posted it on here and approved it being absolutely accurate. He doesn't know nor does anyone unless JoeT was there and his definite comments makes me believe he was. Then if he was, what motivation does he have except "the girls and the rules makers". The film says April but where is the evidence, a recording from UTube from someone who wouldn't even turn it in to the TSSAA and why would they not like to interview him to see what he knows, too. Certainly they would not like to get his name dragged in it but the reasoning to go straight to the TSSAA is to keep the band of interviewees as small as possible unless something is found to be unsubstantiated and that keeps everyones integrity in place. Even with what I see, nothing is substantiated.

Now, while I am wrong in saying this but this school and coach may be dead wrong and if they are the school should be fined and sanctions be given, no question but everyone and thats everyone, has their day in court to understand the circumstances and the judge is NOT JoeyT or some poster in Knoxville. Its the body approved the rules of the TSSAA, the schools and the TSSAA and respecting everyone involved should investigate and finally decide what should happen. Thats their job. After thats done, they do whats appropriate and what happens happens.

IMO, there is something wrong with trying a situation like this in the press. Yes, the past 4 years a lot of things have happened BUT who knows where this has come from. The assumption is tried in the press that the School is guilty and until someone comes forth, and if its true I hope they will and NOW, what is the TSSAA going to try, on heresay?

One thing is for sure, and from posts all over the state, lax rule enforcement is out there and the schools are going to have to decide how to advise the TSSAA as to the strictness of enforcement. Rules violations create other rules violation. To answer your question, how do we know this happened in April and How do we know this happened lately and not last June. And why should someone not be more careful about what they put on this site If it effects the reputation of the school, the reputation of the Coach and ESPECIALLY the needs eventually of the Student Athletes which is important to everyone especially the parents.

Which says this, IMO, EVERYONE at a school should be wary that the schools are going by the rules. If they aren't

your student/athlete's potential aspirations are at risk. That is why this is so important that the decision, if it has to be made, has to be made right and definitely not in the press or by someone posting or copying off of UTube. T, sorry for long answer.

Hargis, you don't know who the poster is , you don't have a clue, you are a poor detective. It doesn't matter where or who made this film, one thing is clear. the coach is coaching and it ain't high school ball. So get off your high horse alway status quo atitude and let the poster alone. This is one sure fact, you could not film it if it didn't happen. As to effecting the reputation of a school due to an individual screwing up if he did is over the top drama. Anyone with any sense at all would not form an opinion of an entire school over one individual. You are such a drama queen. But of course the truth is the last thing anyone wants to hear. You would think that soap box at Seagull would keep you busy. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Oh by the way Hargis, when you can film any one of us coaching a team and it somehow be not coaching the team, post about it and let us know about this new technology. Please don't ever serve on a jury, the other jurors might hurt you. One last comment, How do you know that Joeyt is a snotty nosed teenager? How, How, the fact is you don't. I know many nicknames of players on teams I follow and I haven't been a teenager for a good while.Very revealing how you describe a teenager. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Oh by the way Hargis, when you can film any one of us coaching a team and it somehow be not coaching the team, post about it and let us know about this new technology. Please don't ever serve on a jury, the other jurors might hurt you. One last comment, How do you know that Joeyt is a snotty nosed teenager? How, How, the fact is you don't. I know many nicknames of players on teams I follow and I haven't been a teenager for a good while.Very revealing how you describe a teenager. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It even happens under the stbulldog name.

Most of you must not be too familiar with PHargis. Hes wrong all the time. Writes about things he doesnt know anything about. But none of that stops him from posting 10 times a day. When hes confronted with facts he changes the subject and never answers direct questions and comes back with irrelevant things like you never gave him a fact or asked a direct question in the first place even if you ask it 100 times. You arent going to get anywhere with him.

Now if anyone wants to look at post 1, 2, and 3 on this thread and explain how joeyT conveniently knows all of this yet only copies it from UTube, its beyond me. JoeyT, glad you're back on here. Are you absolutely sure what you copied on this site and described to motion picture and the narrative of what was said is the truth as you described it? Do you have first hand knowledge of those events?

2008-2009 TSSAA Handbook

Article III Compliance (Page 17)

Enforcement:

Section 4: The Executive Director shall, in his discretion, determine whether information about any possible violation of the TSSAA Constitution or Bylaws is sufficiently reliable to justify "further" investigation. The Executive Director shall also, "in his discretion", determine whether to conduct any investigation of possible violations of the Constitution or Bylaws as well as the nature and extent of any investigation that may be conducted and the procedures to be used in any such investigation. Factors to be considered by the Executive Director in making these determinations may include, but are not limited to, the workload of the TSSAA office, the seriousness of the alleged violation, the availability of staff members to assist in any investigation, the cost of investigation, the time needed to conduct an investigation, and any other factor the Executive Director may deem releveant in making these decisions.

Many infractions are reported to the TSSAA probably on a weekly basis; however, you can submit tons of documents; photos, videos, receipts, emails, real estate documents, text messages, etc. but if "the Executive Director" chooses to not "investigate it".....it is a dead issue, no matter what the "proof" may be. A thorough and full investigation takes a LONG time to complete---it is not a "10-day process". The 10-day process involves a few phone calls to the utility boards, landlords, the principal--maybe a few meetings at the school involved or a couple of cigars over a drink or too; and then a decision is made. A "full investigation" would take a VERY LONG time. As you can read in the bylaws above--sometimes they choose NOT to take this route and therefore; the issue is dead. IMO, this does NOT mean that the incident did not take place or that the "proof" was not there---it just means that "for whatever reason---they may choose to look the other way" or the TSSAA "just cannot "afford" a lengthy investigation--it's not in the budget, etc.

Who knows what will happen regarding this particular MJ video--but 95% of coaches and school administration will tell you---that nothing will probably be done about it--regardless of whether the "rules" have been violated or what the video shows. One would believe that it is an "open and shut" case, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

2008-2009 TSSAA Handbook

Article III Compliance (Page 17)

Enforcement:

Section 4: The Executive Director shall, in his discretion, determine whether information about any possible violation of the TSSAA Constitution or Bylaws is sufficiently reliable to justify "further" investigation. The Executive Director shall also, "in his discretion", determine whether to conduct any investigation of possible violations of the Constitution or Bylaws as well as the nature and extent of any investigation that may be conducted and the procedures to be used in any such investigation. Factors to be considered by the Executive Director in making these determinations may include, but are not limited to, the workload of the TSSAA office, the seriousness of the alleged violation, the availability of staff members to assist in any investigation, the cost of investigation, the time needed to conduct an investigation, and any other factor the Executive Director may deem releveant in making these decisions.

Many infractions are reported to the TSSAA probably on a weekly basis; however, you can submit tons of documents; photos, videos, receipts, emails, real estate documents, text messages, etc. but if "the Executive Director" chooses to not "investigate it".....it is a dead issue, no matter what the "proof" may be. A thorough and full investigation takes a LONG time to complete---it is not a "10-day process". The 10-day process involves a few phone calls to the utility boards, landlords, the principal--maybe a few meetings at the school involved or a couple of cigars over a drink or too; and then a decision is made. A "full investigation" would take a VERY LONG time. As you can read in the bylaws above--sometimes they choose NOT to take this route and therefore; the issue is dead. IMO, this does NOT mean that the incident did not take place or that the "proof" was not there---it just means that "for whatever reason---they may choose to look the other way" or the TSSAA "just cannot "afford" a lengthy investigation--it's not in the budget, etc.

Who knows what will happen regarding this particular MJ video--but 95% of coaches and school administration will tell you---that nothing will probably be done about it--regardless of whether the "rules" have been violated or what the video shows. One would believe that it is an "open and shut" case, but who knows? Stranger things have happened.

Thanks for digging up the bylaws...Most of us would not have done that. Good post too.

Regardless of what comes of it..the coach is certainly coaching, someone put it on here and some have gotten their drawers in a wad over it. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />