Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

The programs that are successful gain jealous minded or dissatisfied people who are just waiting to critize or bring down a program and also coaches that want to win are sometimes guilty of bending the rules and both cases were evidently being produced here from what I've heard on this forum. Now I don't know what if any action the TSSAA will take and the whole truth may not be protrayed here or it may be worse than its proytayed here but the TSSAA is an administation not a referee so it will be interesting what will come out of these allegations.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL Then don't believe that I'm unfamiliar with Mt.Juliet. Scroll up and you'll see that I thought it was a private Christian school. (I googled it)

Why am I reading page six of a post on coacht? 'Cause this is an awesome forum to discuss Tennessee high school basketball. And the topic has been incredibly interesting, especially with the YouTube link attached.

You alluded to the fact that this guy outworks everyone and those girls work harder than everyone else. That, my friend, is called "work ethic" and why I mentioned it. However, it has more to do with "ethic" or being unethical than a great work ethic.

As far as this school being the only one doing it? Nope...they're not but that doesn't make it right or fair. When you cheat like this it pretty much shows that you're not confident enough in your own ability to win by the rules.

Oh yeah....I do have enough time on my hands to check this board periodically throughout the day. Hard to believe but I do. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

You apparently haven't followed TN HS basketball (girls) basketball or you would know about Mt Juliet since they have had outstanding teams since the early 80's that I know of. Maybe even before that.

You apparently haven't followed TN HS basketball (girls) basketball or you would know about Mt Juliet since they have had outstanding teams since the early 80's that I know of. Maybe even before that.

Does it matter? This thread is about a coach that's cheating. Mt.Juliet's success or lack thereof is not the issue here.

But you're right...I haven't followed TN HS girls basketball over the years.

Does it matter? This thread is about a coach that's cheating. Mt.Juliet's success or lack thereof is not the issue here.

Yes it does matter. This thread is not about a coach cheating. As the first post says it is about "Claims of TSSAA violations". That was specifically posted. It is now about what a poster, Dirkdiggler, says a "coach that's cheating" who says he doesn't even know of the situation, the school and has not even posted the alledged rules violations but now is judge and jury of this whole situation. He has not even written to the TSSAA explaining the violation and putting his name on the document along with the name of who recorded the film. His issue is different than the reason this thread was started. Now he is claiming that this coach is unethical and uncomfortable with his own performance without even the slightest level of integrity, a personal attack. I would say, let this poster continue to post. His/her 22 post have little to add to what has been posted. If interested, the TSSAA should have the last thought on this matter as they have had the last thought in other situations and will rule accordingly. Its of no wonder that Lauderdale County has trouble keeping coaches with DD keeping up the banter on coaches there.

Yes it does matter. This thread is not about a coach cheating. As the first post says it is about "Claims of TSSAA violations". That was specifically posted. It is now about what a poster, Dirkdiggler, says a "coach that's cheating" who says he doesn't even know of the situation, the school and has not even posted the alledged rules violations but now is judge and jury of this whole situation. He has not even written to the TSSAA explaining the violation and putting his name on the document along with the name of who recorded the film. His issue is different than the reason this thread was started. Now he is claiming that this coach is unethical and uncomfortable with his own performance without even the slightest level of integrity, a personal attack. I would say, let this poster continue to post.

How ridiculous! The whole subject shows how selfish a coach can become and how blind his followers can be. It's all about him and how the video makes him look. It's the camera's fault, wait no, it's the shooter's fault. It has to be somebody else's fault because it can't be the coaches fault.

How many of the "mentally challenged" have tried to point fingers in every direction except where they belong, The Coach?

The video and this thread are all about cheating and committing TSSAA Rule violations which are the same. Regardless of who it was that got caught, it is unethical behavior. If the person had any honor whatsoever and cared about the program and it's players, they would man up, admit that they committed the violations and resign.

If the coach or anyone else, especially the TSSAA or MJHS administration cared about the players and their hard work, this guy would be out on his ear.

Example:

Think what kind of position it puts the players in when the coach says we have practice Tuesday, July 15, 2008 (weight training & conditioning only). They suspect or know it's a TSSAA rule violation, but they also know that if they don't show up for practice, they will be kicked off the team or at the very least see no play time. What should a 15/16 year old do?

If they go to the school administration, it gets back to the coach and their career is history!

If they go to the TSSAA, it then goes to the school administration, then to the coach and their career is still history!

The players and their parents are aware of the violations. They know it's wrong, but who do they go to?

I heard the TSSAA has already handed down the sanctions. If true, they were less than a slap on the wrist.

Apparently it is. Because if MJ was a team that had been terrible over the years do you really think someone would go to the extreme to try to catch someone in the act. If he was cheating shame on him and he should be punished/terminated. There are ALOT of coaches out their that would love to coach one of the most successful girls high school teams in TN. The lady Bears won before he was there and would continue to win with out him. This thread is about the character of MJ's coach and the school of MJ and it is my right to post what I feel free to post on this thread just like it is yours.

Yes it does matter. This thread is not about a coach cheating. As the first post says it is about "Claims of TSSAA violations". That was specifically posted. It is now about what a poster, Dirkdiggler, says a "coach that's cheating" who says he doesn't even know of the situation, the school and has not even posted the alledged rules violations but now is judge and jury of this whole situation. He has not even written to the TSSAA explaining the violation and putting his name on the document along with the name of who recorded the film. His issue is different than the reason this thread was started. Now he is claiming that this coach is unethical and uncomfortable with his own performance without even the slightest level of integrity, a personal attack. I would say, let this poster continue to post. His/her 22 post have little to add to what has been posted. If interested, the TSSAA should have the last thought on this matter as they have had the last thought in other situations and will rule accordingly. Its of no wonder that Lauderdale County has trouble keeping coaches with DD keeping up the banter on coaches there.

What is your deal?? You condone cheating... then make it out to be someone else's fault and then paint the picture about the one who in plain color video doing something that is wrong to be the victim. You are apparently eat up with it on this matter!

It is in the T$$AA's hands...let them handle if they want. If they don't, then you can feel justified somehow with your firm stand on this and the rest will know that some can do anything and never suffer consequences of breaking the rules.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have serious issues. SERIOUS issues.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You have serious issues. SERIOUS issues.

Lest you forget Dirk, the poster you are referring to is a self appointed ambassador, at least in his own mind. He sounds like some politicians when he states that the thread is not about cheating, but about TSSAA violations,,,,duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Termination? Pretty extreme. Not infraction that warrants terminations. Lets not shoot a man for speeding.

I agree, termination is pretty extreme, to say the least! We don't even know all the facts, just the you tube video. There was a bunch of accusations that went along with the video that are not true. let the TSSAA investigate, thats what they are there for. I don't know the guy nor have I ever really cared for him, but he deserves to go through the process, whatever that is. I would hate to put my fate in the hands of some coacht posters /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can't believe I am the only one who buys the fishing trip story, man, I must be naive!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree, termination is pretty extreme, to say the least! We don't even know all the facts, just the you tube video. There was a bunch of accusations that went along with the video that are not true. let the TSSAA investigate, thats what they are there for. I don't know the guy nor have I ever really cared for him, but he deserves to go through the process, whatever that is. I would hate to put my fate in the hands of some coacht posters /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I can't believe I am the only one who buys the fishing trip story, man, I must be naive!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

We all forget that the TSSAA does not have an investigative branch. They will simply view the video and ask the school what is going on. It is up to the schools to report honestly what occurred. We are all PROFESSIONAL educators, of the utmost integrity, and will do the right thing by what our conscience deems is right. give the Admin a chance to evaluate the situation and let them decide what should be done. The TSSAA will then handle it fairly. There are many other programs across TN that should realize that you tube may change the face of what they can do. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />