Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

We all forget that the TSSAA does not have an investigative branch. They will simply view the video and ask the school what is going on. It is up to the schools to report honestly what occurred. We are all PROFESSIONAL educators, of the utmost integrity, and will do the right thing by what our conscience deems is right. give the Admin a chance to evaluate the situation and let them decide what should be done. The TSSAA will then handle it fairly. There are many other programs across TN that should realize that you tube may change the face of what they can do. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

My position on this matter has been in posts 49 and 52 all along. DM, your last sentence explains, better than I have done, this situation. What if this had been recorded in a teaching situation without anyone knowing it and handled it uithis way?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all forget that the TSSAA does not have an investigative branch. They will simply view the video and ask the school what is going on. It is up to the schools to report honestly what occurred. We are all PROFESSIONAL educators, of the utmost integrity, and will do the right thing by what our conscience deems is right. give the Admin a chance to evaluate the situation and let them decide what should be done. The TSSAA will then handle it fairly. There are many other programs across TN that should realize that you tube may change the face of what they can do. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You don't really believe that, do you? The part where you said, "We are all professional educators.....and will do the right thing by what our conscience deems is right."

There's so much cheating going on in athletics in this state and every other state.

If you truly believe what you said, I respectfully say that you are extremely naive.

Until someone is arrested! It is illegal to post videos of minors in a public forum without parental consent. I know that this is a rabbit trail. sorry for opening that can of worms.

You don't really believe that, do you? The part where you said, "We are all professional educators.....and will do the right thing by what our conscience deems is right."

There's so much cheating going on in athletics in this state and every other state.

If you truly believe what you said, I respectfully say that you are extremely naive.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I thought the same thing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I thought the same thing. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Me too. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Until someone is arrested! It is illegal to post videos of minors in a public forum without parental consent. I know that this is a rabbit trail. sorry for opening that can of worms.

Could possibly be illegal in some states if images of minors are being used for commercial purposes, i.e. marketing. High school games are being broadcast over the internet by Wazoo Sports and plenty others - all without parental consent - wedding photos, prom pictures, newspapers, myspace, facebook, etc are full of photos and videos of minors without consent - none of which is illegal. Individuals, adults and minors alike have the right in most circumstances to control the use of their image for commercial purposes, but it stops there. This isn't a rabbit trail, it's a wild goose chase.

Could possibly be illegal in some states if images of minors are being used for commercial purposes, i.e. marketing. High school games are being broadcast over the internet by Wazoo Sports and plenty others - all without parental consent - wedding photos, prom pictures, newspapers, myspace, facebook, etc are full of photos and videos of minors without consent - none of which is illegal. Individuals, adults and minors alike have the right in most circumstances to control the use of their image for commercial purposes, but it stops there. This isn't a rabbit trail, it's a wild goose chase.

You do not see the difference in all of the voluntary or self posted information; and a concealed home video camera at an obscure summer league basketball game. I am a teacher and at the beginning of the year every student has to return a signed permission slip saying they child??™s pictures can be posted on the school website etc. I don??™t know anything about newspapers. I think in most cases of misuse it is not a question of is it illegal, but can (or is it worth the time) you identify who did it.

You do not see the difference in all of the voluntary or self posted information; and a concealed home video camera at an obscure summer league basketball game. I am a teacher and at the beginning of the year every student has to return a signed permission slip saying they child??™s pictures can be posted on the school website etc. I don??™t know anything about newspapers. I think in most cases of misuse it is not a question of is it illegal, but can (or is it worth the time) you identify who did it.

I think we can narrow it down some! How many people hate Fryar? Lets see, how many girls has he cut or run off the team? oh a bunch! How many parents hate the guy? a bunch. The gym looks like West Wilson Middle School, oh that is in Mt. Juliet. So it is probably someone in Wilson County who hates Fryar. Now that narrows it down some. Oh gosh, I feel like Perry Mason. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Termination? Pretty extreme. Not infraction that warrants terminations. Lets not shoot a man for speeding.

According to my MJ friend, Worden55 is correct. There are a lot of people that want him gone and are working towards that goal. They even have a website.

I don't think this is just a speeding ticket. MJ friend said He started coaching and practicing what was left of his team (losing 4 seniors and all 4 juniors had quit) in March '08 2 to 3 days a week. There is supposed to be a 3 week Dead Period after the last game. Meanwhile he was requiring his team to practice and play games and tournaments while school was still in session (another TSSAA violation).

While sanctions were being handed down from TSSAA, it did not slow him down a bit. He and his staff were / are still breaking TSSAA rules. How do sanctions work if the coach & administration don't follow the rules anyway?

His principal must really have alot of TSSAA friends to just thumb their noses at the rules & sanctions!

If you want to make a comparison to a traffic viaolation this would be more like several DUI's.

I don't think this is just a speeding ticket. MJ friend said He started coaching and practicing what was left of his team (losing 4 seniors and all 4 juniors had quit) in March '08 2 to 3 days a week. There is supposed to be a 3 week Dead Period after the last game. Meanwhile he was requiring his team to practice and play games and tournaments while school was still in session (another TSSAA violation).

While sanctions were being handed down from TSSAA, it did not slow him down a bit. He and his staff were / are still breaking TSSAA rules. How do sanctions work if the coach & administration don't follow the rules anyway?

Hoops, informative post. Is MJ your school? Usually a person with few posts has an axe to grind and making sure MJ is your school. Since I believe most are learning, Your next to the last sentence mentions " while the sanctions were being handed down from the TSSAA",has sanctions been handed down from the TSSAA? And for what violation? And for the information on this post, has the friend told the Tssaa or the principal of these alleged violations? if you had rather not answer these questions,please don't. The discovery that 4 juniors quit after the season was over is revealing. So 4 seniors gone and 4 juniors quitting and since you mentioned it, what was the reason for the 4 juniors quitting. Thats unusual. Things like this are not normally posted on this site. Did the parents agree your posting it on this site? Knowing somewhat how other things were handled with players quitting at that school, the coach usually lets the team vote as to whether they might return if they quit. And the vote stands. Did that happen in this case? This has nothing to do with the violations but might explain the motivation.

For the last time on this subject, the methods of settling disputes in athletics usually is not well spelled out in high school and confusion exists many times because methods are explained but generally not remembered. And then after a decison is made, there is no way to appeal. The coach has been doing this for some time and evidently without complaint. Ravenwood High and the schools in their Region have evidently agreed on the rules and the way of handling conflicts and have posted the ways to settle them and posted the procedures on their web site. They are well thought out. Reading the procedures might give some help to procedures for solutions.

I have been following HS sports for sometime and this year has had more conflicts than I remember. Do I think that breaking rules is just something people just do. No. Has the system just broken down in some areas? It appears so. It appears that the parents of athletes in the State are providing the imputus to keep high school sports in line thruout the state. As long as they do that, things will level out. There are very creditable people coaching sports in the State. There are very creditable parents volunteering their time to help schools provide athletics and other extracurricular programs in the State. It is very easy to armchair criticize everyone involved in the process of high school athletics. And that does include the parents involved in helping too. Thats teachers, Principals, booster club members, and for that matter parents and even athletes themselves. Wonder what ever happened to the supporters? They are still out here but out of the 63000 members it only takes a few faceless fans who post and have just discovered that this is an imperfect world full of imperfect people with a large degree of different imperfections, hiding behind many different disguises and with many agendas. There wil be more conflicts this coming year but the imperfections will still be there. Its obvious that the total story of this thread has not been told. Unless those involved take their complaints thru a process, and understand from where all of this has come from, it may never be known.

I think we can narrow it down some! How many people hate Fryar? Lets see, how many girls has he cut or run off the team? oh a bunch! How many parents hate the guy? a bunch. The gym looks like West Wilson Middle School, oh that is in Mt. Juliet. So it is probably someone in Wilson County who hates Fryar. Now that narrows it down some. Oh gosh, I feel like Perry Mason. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Never been to Mt. Juliet HS. Saw the video. He is breaking the rules. Justify if you must.