Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forwarded the video link to the TSSAA earlier. I'm not sure they will investigate it without the person who took the video coming forward but that is their decision.

IMO, this goes much deeper than that. How can some snotty nosed high school, a Drudge wannabee, get on this site and try to intentionally destroy the career of an upstanding High School Coach without even finding out the circumstances. Maybe it was him who put it on U Tube. If the TSSAA didn't want to investigate it, I think this thread should be closed or deleted as it means nothing And as events continue, if needed, the thread can be continued by a very simple procedure and the snotty nosed kid and his girlfriend can get their stories straight. Comparison with Drudge, unbelieveable. Put your name on this site, joeyT.

I'm not sure they'd need the source. It speaks for itself. I wonder if eligibility on these players is in jeopardy due to any offseason practice violations.

They may not if they can find records of the game. The score on the scoreboard at the end of the video will help verify it.

The person who is ruining his reputation and livelihood is the person who broke the rules, not the person who videotaped it. You blame the security cameras if you get caught robbing a bank? Every coach in the state knows what the rules are.

I appreciate your post BUT do you copy something that has no name on it and then only part of it that doesn't even have the other team included on it and then close ups. IMO this was a setup and likely the UTube poster may be on this site and now has copied it to this site. Where is the rest of the recording? Irregardless, who was on the other team and who was coaching it? This happened in April if you can believe the information and was in a small gym which I can't identify, nor the scoreboard. Why did JoeyT put this on this site instead of sending this to the TSSAA? What you say is right and the reason something is wrong with this situation. I'm wondering what he got caught doing and what rules he broke and why and no one on this site can give that answer but there is only one organization that can and now this has elevated where it is by someone and his girlfriend. Go to the TSSAA, tell them your story and if he and his school are in violation, sanction them. The Principals of the schools agree to the rules and they are in the handbook.

IMO, this goes much deeper than that. How can some snotty nosed high school, a Drudge wannabee, get on this site and try to intentionally destroy the career of an upstanding High School Coach without even finding out the circumstances. Maybe it was him who put it on U Tube. If the TSSAA didn't want to investigate it, I think this thread should be closed or deleted as it means nothing And as events continue, if needed, the thread can be continued by a very simple procedure and the snotty nosed kid and his girlfriend can get their stories straight. Comparison with Drudge, unbelieveable. Put your name on this site, joeyT.

What has convinced you that this is some snotty-nosed kid and his girlfriend? But, even if it is, what difference does it make? If the coach is coaching his players in April then it is a violation. It does not matter who made the video.

My question was not the video, it is pretty obvious, but the motives of the poster and the one who took the video, in any case, now that it is out there, then I think TSSAA needs to look into it. Ugly, pretty unfortunate if true. In the past, I know for sure there was no organized aau teams by Mt. Juliet, most of their players played for different aau teams, many on the Pride teams and I know some that played on the team out of DCA. I have been out of touch with their program this year, I did not get to watch one game. Just kept up with the boxes, there are some good kids on the team. Maybe it was better letting them find their own aau teams with no connection to the coach. In any case, I hope it turns out not to be what seems obvious. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

What has convinced you that this is some snotty-nosed kid and his girlfriend? But, even if it is, what difference does it make? If the coach is coaching his players in April then it is a violation. It does not matter who made the video.

There are many, many Schools and coaches that are turned in for infractions and only a few are ever sanctioned and those that are generally have a record of such. A total examination of circumstances needs to be made of this situation instead of allowing a copy of a UTube who has no identification to be used as a post and identified as an unedited, accurate, with no doubt, occurance of an event that happened without first letting someone,TSSAA, investigate it. IMO, you sent this to the TSSAA which was the right and accurate thing to do. They responded that until who made the recording came out and identified they made it they could not investigate it. There is some doubt even with them that there is validity. There is more to this than just someone who just took a post off of UTube and posted it on here and approved it being absolutely accurate. He doesn't know nor does anyone unless JoeT was there and his definite comments makes me believe he was. Then if he was, what motivation does he have except "the girls and the rules makers". The film says April but where is the evidence, a recording from UTube from someone who wouldn't even turn it in to the TSSAA and why would they not like to interview him to see what he knows, too. Certainly they would not like to get his name dragged in it but the reasoning to go straight to the TSSAA is to keep the band of interviewees as small as possible unless something is found to be unsubstantiated and that keeps everyones integrity in place. Even with what I see, nothing is substantiated.

Now, while I am wrong in saying this but this school and coach may be dead wrong and if they are the school should be fined and sanctions be given, no question but everyone and thats everyone, has their day in court to understand the circumstances and the judge is NOT JoeyT or some poster in Knoxville. Its the body approved the rules of the TSSAA, the schools and the TSSAA and respecting everyone involved should investigate and finally decide what should happen. Thats their job. After thats done, they do whats appropriate and what happens happens.

IMO, there is something wrong with trying a situation like this in the press. Yes, the past 4 years a lot of things have happened BUT who knows where this has come from. The assumption is tried in the press that the School is guilty and until someone comes forth, and if its true I hope they will and NOW, what is the TSSAA going to try, on heresay?

One thing is for sure, and from posts all over the state, lax rule enforcement is out there and the schools are going to have to decide how to advise the TSSAA as to the strictness of enforcement. Rules violations create other rules violation. To answer your question, how do we know this happened in April and How do we know this happened lately and not last June. And why should someone not be more careful about what they put on this site If it effects the reputation of the school, the reputation of the Coach and ESPECIALLY the needs eventually of the Student Athletes which is important to everyone especially the parents.

Which says this, IMO, EVERYONE at a school should be wary that the schools are going by the rules. If they aren't

your student/athlete's potential aspirations are at risk. That is why this is so important that the decision, if it has to be made, has to be made right and definitely not in the press or by someone posting or copying off of UTube. T, sorry for long answer.

A total examination of circumstances needs to be made of this situation instead of allowing a copy of a UTube who has no identification to be used as a post and identified as an unedited, accurate, with no doubt, occurance of an event that happened without first letting someone,TSSAA, investigate it.

This isn't the "New York Times" its a Message board, its not a big deal. Coach Fryer is not going to go to jail and Mt. Juliet won't get the death penalty for this. Its a video of an event, the poster posts it and people make their comments..if someone totally believes everything they read (or see on a message board then they are naive)

CoachT orwarded the link to the proper channels and the process will play itself out. If anything, it might put coaches on notice that with current technology (camera phones, youtube Etc.) there are always people watching and it might help keep people in check.

I think this video link posted on this site will act as a greater deterrent than anything TSSAA will do. Its so hard for TSSAA to prove and punish rule breakers, however i don't think anyone wants to be on YOUTUBE doing anything sketchy that could be construde as cheating.

just one opinion

If it effects the reputation of the school, the reputation of the Coach and ESPECIALLY the needs eventually of the Student Athletes which is important to everyone especially the parents.

Which says this, IMO, EVERYONE at a school should be wary that the schools are going by the rules. If they aren't

your student/athlete's potential aspirations are at risk. That is why this is so important that the decision, if it has to be made, has to be made right and definitely not in the press or by someone posting or copying off of UTube.

The TSSAA is aware of the video. It is my understanding from sources close to the subject is that a group of people that want Coach Fryer removed due to his years of TSSAA transgressions notified the TSSAA several months ago. The TSSAA was made aware of Coach Fryer's many infractions with the understanding if nothing transpired from the TSSAA, it would be made public. I'm told there is much more evidence against Coach Fryer and possibly even the MJHS administration than just the 1 video.

Our opinions don't matter. It is entirely up to the TSSAA and the MJHS administration what happens next.

Sadly there is no consideration of the position cheating puts the girls and the school's basketball program in.

Isn't it supposed to be all about teaching the athletes good sportsmanship, ethics and dedication?

It seems the main focus of High School Sports has been lost.